Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
Seattle Ren or Waterfront

I will be soon leaving my project in HI and starting a new one in Seattle. My options are the Ren or the Waterfront downtown. I would like to get everyone's opinion on which one is best. I am a Plat Premier and can usually sweet talk myself into some nice upgrades.

In your opinions, which hotel is nicer (including closeness to restaurants, entertainment, bars, etc)
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
I stayed at the FS downtown (waterfront) and it was VERY nice! Nice staff and nice restaurants in the hotel as well as within walking distance.

Great view also, as long as the sun was out
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Search is your friend. A search of the Marriot Forum yields the following:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...naissance.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ont-hotel.html

The two above have posts within the last 4 months.

And this one last had a post in April 2009:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...n-madison.html

Regards,

RIP...
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The two hotels are on opposite corners of the downtown business district. Your decision may be driven by your specific work address if you plan to walk to work.

Waterfront is a short walk to Belltown. Good bars/restaurants, mostly upscale. Plus there is the stuff on the Waterfront itself, although I rarely went there. (Kinda touristy...)

Renaissance is closer to Capitol Hill/First Hill - also lots of good food/drink and more diverse in terms of upscale vs. "neighborhoody" places. Also closer to Pioneer Square and the stadiums.

I loved working in Seattle...tons of good neighborhoods and options whether you're walking, wanting to go out and run a few miles, or willing to drive 10-15 minutes away.

Both hotels are quite good IMO. As a Plat, I nearly always had a corner jr. suite at the Renaissance. At the Marriott, I either had a high floor balcony room or, on occasion, one of the corner suites. (True, large one-bedroom suites.)

Both of them have fairly standard lounges. For other in-hotel food, I prefer the Waterfront, both for solo meals at the lobby bar and business dinners in the restaurant.

Free overnight street parking was always pretty easy to find near both hotels. During the weekdays, you can use credit cards to pay the meters. My client would have paid for hotel parking but I always felt guilty sticking them with that considering free parking was just steps away... (Or...maybe it just minimized the guilt related to receipts for lots of sushi... )
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
As a follow-up to my original thread:

I never did receive the $100 credit or receive a phone call or letter from the hotel manager.

For the original poster of this thread, the hotel is extremely nice and an excellent location especially if you are into seafood.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
I tried, I swear. I got nothing. Thank you for the links!

Originally Posted by OU812
Search is your friend. A search of the Marriot Forum yields the following:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...naissance.html

The two above have posts within the last 4 months.

And this one last had a post in April 2009:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...n-madison.html

Regards,

RIP...
Old Jan 15, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott PP, IHG Rewards Plat, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
My girl & I just stayed at the Waterfront using points in Sept. Definitely recommend this one! Very short walk to a good amount of the restaurants along the waterfront. Amazing views & the concierge lounge had fresh salmon one night as the evening snack.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
Just stayed at the Waterfront last month. Stayed in the REN awhile back. Both are close to restaurants, etc. Ren has a slight edge as the waterfront can shut down at night and the REN is closer to the shopping district of downtown where there are a lot of restaurants (I just ate at the TapHouse last night!). Ren definitely has a nicer gym if you plan to workout. Don't think Ren has a CL, does it?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Seattle Renaissance vs Marriott Waterfront

Have a trip planned to Seattle for April and was wondering which Marriott in seattle is the better option.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 5:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Previously discussed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...aterfront.html
Old Feb 22, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott PP, IHG Rewards Plat, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Waterfront...
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The WF is my favorite in Seattle, and as others have noted, quite convenient for tourists. There is a nice elevator that takes you up the hill so that you don't have to do so much hiking to get to downtown.

Always great treatment here as a Marriott Silver, but then again I don't expect the corner room upgrade.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, DL Gold, Avis PC
WF Marriott is great. Haven't stayed at the others, but went to WF in July 09, asked for an upgrade and got an awesome waterview with a balcony. Was close to Pike Place Market and most other places we wanted to walk to, and right across the street from waterfront restaurants.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Had to book a last minute room tonight. Ended up picking the Ren. Check in was great, platinum status recognition, will get breakfast tomorrow (coupon given at check-in without asking). CL is "closed" but open (pop, water). Pool is small but has a great view. Seems like a nice hotel. Lobby is very modern and pretty. Does anybody know what this hotel used to be? Seems like it would've been a Ritz (the way it's laid out).
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by nevansm
Does anybody know what this hotel used to be? Seems like it would've been a Ritz (the way it's laid out).
Appears it was formerly a Stouffer's, a chain that was acquired by Renaissance, which was then swallowed by Marriott. Like the Renaissance (on Wacker) in Chicago, which used to be a Stouffer's. (You know, the red boxes in the supermarket frozen food aisle.) http://www.hotelsbycity.net/blog/usa...seattle-hotel/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.