Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Old May 10, 2001, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Trip report Waikiki Beach Marriott April 2001

This came on the end of our trip to Kauai, and we booked two nites here under the introductory rate of $139.00. Marriott recently acquired this property, and they have done complete renovations of the rooms, although the common areas leave a little bit to be desired. At check-in, a very nice young lady checked me in with my Marriott Visa and Gold rewards card, while my wife spoke with the concierge for info and dining recommendations. I asked if any upgrades were available, and after some keystrokes we were upgraded to a very large beautiful corner room on the 20th floor overlooking Waikiki Beach. The room furnishings were brand new and very contemporary. The bed was not a feather top , but it was outstanding!

The room was really the highlight of the hotel. The main floor is full of shops that catered primarily in my opinion to the Japanese tourists. There was an ABC store for snacks and trinkets. The hotel had several places to dine, but none of them seemed to have anyone in them. We ate off premises. The concierge staff was very helpful, but not nearly as knowledgeable as the ones we had encountered in Kauai. I would recommend this hotel for the price if you have a short stay over in Honolulu. It could have been a newly refurbished Marriott just about anywhere.

-Duger

Old May 11, 2001, 1:07 pm
GG

Dugernaut, we've been curious about this "new" Marriott, and this is the first first-hand report we've had. Thanks a lot!
Old May 11, 2001, 5:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta
I second GG. Thanks for the report!
Old Oct 31, 2001, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Plat Upgrade on Cheap Rate Waikiki Marriott

If I have the super cheap rate (for a partial ocean view) at the Waikiki marriott will I still get the Platinum upgrade? What types of upgrades have other Marriott Plats rec'd recently?
Old Oct 31, 2001, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
As a Gold at this property earlier this year, I got zippo for benefits: no room upgrade, no free breakfast, no newspaper, nadda. And after my survey noted this, I got a letter from the hotel manager stating, paraphrased, "So sorry, starting a $xx million renovation the day after you left. Try us again."
Old Oct 31, 2001, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We stayed here in April at a rate of $99. per nite after our 7 days in Kauai. We were upgraded to a corner room on I believe the 24th floor overlooking Waikiki Beach and towards Diamond Head. The room was huge and the new furnishings were great. The bed was better than the one in Kauai. The rest of the hotel was under some renovations and seemed to cater to Japanese tourists. I am a GOLD member and did not ask for bfast coupons.

I would be suprised if you were not well taken care of as a platinum member.

Have a great trip!!
Old Oct 31, 2001, 5:45 pm

I haven't stayed at that hotel, but at other Hawaii Marriotts I was upgraded even when staying there on an award.

So, good luck. It will just depend on how many rooms are open when you arrive.
Old Nov 1, 2001, 3:35 pm

Programs: Northwest-millionair; Marriott, lifetime gold
We stayed three nights at this hotel recently and were upgraded to a better room and given free breakfasts. Apparently they provide the breakfasts to those who request them.. in fact, the restaurant manager told me that. A reminder to never hesitate to ask!
Old Nov 23, 2001, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Waikiki Beach renovations?

I'm thinking of staying a couple of nights at the Marriott Waikiki Beach in mid-December. I understand that the hotel is undergoing renovations. Does anyone know if the hotel is a mess as a result?

Old Nov 24, 2001, 2:29 pm

I was there Nov 11.

The Waikiki Marriott is the old Hawaiian Regent, and is currently being renovated.

The Kuhio tower (the furthest from the beach) is completely closed.
Most of the hotel amenities are minimal (restaurants, lobby, pool, etc.) due to the renovation. I'm sure it will be quite nice when completed. There can be some construction noise during the daytime hours.
My room was quite large, and very nice (but had not be renovated yet). I had a great view. Parking was tight (both in number and size of parking spaces).

If you are paying a reduced rate, and are using the hotel mainly for sleeping, it is fine. If you are expecting a regular Marriott hotel experience, you will be disappointed.

For about the same price as I paid at the Outrigger East last year, I had a larger room, better view, about the same amenities, about the same price, and double points and stay credits. So for me, it was worth it.

[This message has been edited by dvc_john (edited 11-24-2001).]
Old Nov 24, 2001, 6:58 pm

I just talked to their front desk and they said the renovations were ahead of schedule but might not be done by the time I want to go. It didn't sound like it would be too inconvenient though.

Expedia is offering better rates than the Marriott web site or the hotel front desk, would I still get the same stay credit for Marriott Rewards? I supose I should ask this in a new post.
Old Nov 24, 2001, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'll be there for one night Jan 28th on my return from Maui so I can visit Pearl Harbor. What is the estimated completion date of the renovation? How far is this from Pearl Harbor? and how far from HNL? Has anyone rec'd any plat upgrades? In a worst case its only one night and I get double stay credit and double points so it can't be that bad.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tax Dude:
I'm thinking of staying a couple of nights at the Marriott Waikiki Beach in mid-December. I understand that the hotel is undergoing renovations. Does anyone know if the hotel is a mess as a result?

</font>
Old Nov 24, 2001, 9:13 pm

I found the renovation schedule here: http://www.onlinevacationmall.com/cg...LHWRG%5E%5E%5E (sorry, don't know how to turn it into a link - instructions anyone?)

Their front desk said that they were ahead of schedule and _might_ be finished the main lobby by the time I get there (Dec 16). I'd think January would be safe. The room renovations are going on in one tower only so the other tower (renovated 3 yrs ago) isn't a construction zone.

From their web site, Pearl Harbor is 14 mi and the airport is 10.
Old Nov 24, 2001, 9:15 pm

Curious, my link reference is a link. I wonder how I did that. Now, how do I give it a different name?
Old Feb 7, 2003, 8:05 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL PM, BA Silver, Bonvoy LT PLT
Marriott Waikiki experiences

Hello,

I am planning a trip to HNL next month and am trying to choose a hotel. The marriott waikiki seems to be a little lower than other properties in the area. My question is: does anyone have any experiences of a staying here in a "quality room"? I have no status with Marriott.

Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.