Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rejuveNATION Weekend Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:20 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by GrizShel
Marriott Concierge, I'm pretty sure you can't comment directly on our concerns here, but I hope you will bring them up for consideration before the Marriott powers that be.
Of course.

Originally Posted by flyerwife
I just booked 2 rooms in Chicago through the Platinum line, specifically asking the agent if I could use an EEO in combination with the RejuveNATION rates. The agent said that these ARE combinable and booked the rooms for me. In fact, for the first hotel, she herself offered me the RejuveNATION rate without me even specifying that rate.
Again, this promotion cannot be combined with any other offer, discount coupon, sale promotion, prior purchase or purchase of a gift certificate. EEOs are special offers and cannot be used in conjunction with the RejuvaNATION promotion. I apologize for the misinformation you, and others, were provided. If a hotel accepts the combination of the RejuvaNATION rate and any other offer, discount coupon, sale promotion, or prior purchase or purchase of a gift certificate, it is a goodwill gesture and not a requirement for them to do so.

Best regards,

Drew
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:30 pm

DREW:

A question asked many times, that you seem to be avoiding answering - since many hotels have NO standard rates, because they are all converted to rejuveNATION rates, how can we use our EEOs, PP's, BB's, etc?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
For me, I have been able to use a lot of Bonus Bucks, and I have had few difficulties in using them. I would expect that Marriott will continue to offer good promotions, given the weak economy and the addition of hotel rooms.

I travel most frequently to the DC metro area, and it looks like Hilton, Hyatt, and Starwood are all adding mid-service properties in the next 18 months. Something is going to have to give in order to cover fill all these extra hotel rooms during non-peak times.

Some hotels have more problems processing coupons in general (Bonus Bucks, EEOs, and Marriott gift cards). Since I doubt anyone wants EEOs or gift cards to disappear, Marriott needs to make sure that the front desk is trained to handle them properly. It is not fun to have to get an EEO adjusted properly when it is 2 hours before a morning flight. I would prefer that Bonus Bucks not disappear, and Marriott should make it so that there are sufficient opportunities to use them.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Marriott Concierge, I'm pretty sure you can't comment directly on our concerns here, but I hope you will bring them up for consideration before the Marriott powers that be.

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Of course.

Again, this promotion cannot be combined with any other offer, discount coupon, sale promotion, prior purchase or purchase of a gift certificate. EEOs are special offers and cannot be used in conjunction with the RejuvaNATION promotion. I apologize for the misinformation you, and others, were provided. If a hotel accepts the combination of the RejuvaNATION rate and any other offer, discount coupon, sale promotion, or prior purchase or purchase of a gift certificate, it is a goodwill gesture and not a requirement for them to do so.

Best regards,

Drew
Thanks Drew, I really do appreciate Marriott's participation here, and I think I have seen some really positive developments that appear to have been influenced by our feedback to Marriot. Kudos to Marriott on this!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:26 pm

deleted.

Last edited by flyerwife; Sep 15, 2008 at 4:50 pm
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:25 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum

Best regards,

Drew
Not to try and beat a dead horse here, but every hotel I have found offering the special rate has also eliminated the normal rate. The only other rates available were packages.

That said, since the EEO B1G1 has to be booked via customer service, I find it odd that you say "if a hotel accepts the combination". The hotel is not the one booking the rate with the EEO, it is Marriott's reservation staff that is doing so.

When I called to use an EEO B1G1 this past weekend, the reservation agent quoted the special rate first without me asking for it and booked it. I had no issues with the hotel honoring it, but you can expect a backlash if reservations is booking the stays but the properties try to back out of it.

Seems to me that since you have to call customer service to book the EEO, then they should be responsible for ensuring the combination is valid, not once you get to the hotel.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I've just called Reservations to enquire about a hypothetical stay using a £100 Premium Pounds Coupon. The rates I was quoted were the Rejuvenation rates. I asked that I could definitely use the PP coupon and was told that yes, I could
Old Sep 16, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
Best regards,
Drew

Drew: For several properties, its not giving you the option of booking the "regular" rate, and just the rejuviNATION promotion. If I book at this rate, can I use the EEO in lieu of the 20% discount? In other words, lets say the rate is $199 as a rejuvination rate. Could I instead waive that discount, and say "I will pay the $249 rate, which is the rate I booked removing the 20% discount", and use an EEO then?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by defiance96
Drew: For several properties, its not giving you the option of booking the "regular" rate, and just the rejuviNATION promotion. If I book at this rate, can I use the EEO in lieu of the 20% discount? In other words, lets say the rate is $199 as a rejuvination rate. Could I instead waive that discount, and say "I will pay the $249 rate, which is the rate I booked removing the 20% discount", and use an EEO then?
It's plain awful that you have to even ask such a question. Hopefully Marriott will eventually fix this mess. I guess you just have to ask Marriott reservations to identify which rate they want you to use (and elevate it if they say NO rate is eligible), get them to put what they tell you in writing, and then be prepared to still have to jump through hoops to get it to work if the property balks at honoring the EEO.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
It's plain awful that you have to even ask such a question. Hopefully Marriott will eventually fix this mess. I guess you just have to ask Marriott reservations to identify which rate they want you to use (and elevate it if they say NO rate is eligible), get them to put what they tell you in writing, and then be prepared to still have to jump through hoops to get it to work if the property balks at honoring the EEO.
Drew has informed me that he is working on the answer to this issue.

(And even if its unfortunate, I have to ask, because I have one personal trip planned coming really want to use my EEO )
Old Sep 17, 2008, 9:35 am

I have a semi-dumb question. The rate says not good for groups of 9 rooms or more. If I am attending a wedding, we technically are a group of 9 rooms or more. Can we use this rate instead of the rate for the Wedding?

I know, seems kinda obvious, but don't want to get there and end up with the much much higher rate charged
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ojodeazul
I have a semi-dumb question. The rate says not good for groups of 9 rooms or more. If I am attending a wedding, we technically are a group of 9 rooms or more. Can we use this rate instead of the rate for the Wedding?

I know, seems kinda obvious, but don't want to get there and end up with the much much higher rate charged
Just book the rooms in blocks of less than 9
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:50 am

^^ True...
Old Sep 30, 2008, 7:53 pm

Hi everyone,

As GlennTheBaker pointed out, this promotion cannot be combined with any other offer, discount coupon, sale promotion, prior purchase or purchase of a gift certificate. Premium Pounds and Bonus Bucks are discount coupons and cannot be used in conjunction with the RejuvaNATION promotion.

Best regards,

Drew
Had no problem using an EEO and Marriott Cheques this weekend in Ventura on a rejuve rate. Has anyone actually been prohibited from using EEO's, PP's, BB's etc with a rejuve rate?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Chuckles
Has anyone actually been prohibited from using EEO's, PP's, BB's etc with a rejuve rate?
I combined an EEO with a rejuveNATION rate this past weekend at the Renaissance Chicago. Additionally, the EEO was credited properly at checkout and I was thrilled to not have an issue with its acceptance as I have in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.