Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Old Dec 13, 2000, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Glad to hear they're fixing the elevators at the Regents Park (Swiss Cottage) Marriott. When I stayed there a few years ago, I was stuck (briefly, about 2 minutes) in one of the elevators. When I noticed that the elevator was manufactured by the Schindler Elevator Co., it further occurred to me that I was stuck in Schindler's Lift!
Old Dec 17, 2000, 9:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Sorry to have gotten into this thread so late. We have stayed at County Hall 3 times, twice were on rewards (which is the best way since it costs more than $300 US per night). I don't see how you could have a better location! You are right between the Westminster and Waterloo Stations. It is a very old formerly gov't building that has been restored exquisitely.

The rooms are cheerful and bright. They are spacious (allowing a family of 4 to be comfortable which is hard to find in Europe).We didn't care for the expensive, non noteworthy restaurant. There is a McDonald's downstairs which is great for breakfast especially if you have kids.

The indoor pool and exercise facilities are terrific. The bell/concierge staff were inefficient and gave us alot of wrong info on our first stay. We just didn't use them on subsequent stays.

I don't see how you could go wrong staying at County Hall. I did notice other guests twice who had moved from Marble Arch because they thought County Hall was so much more convenient.
Old Feb 18, 2001, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Grosvenor Square Marriott

Does anyone know if the Grosvenor Square Marriott has a concierge or executive lounge. I stayed at County Hall last year and know that they have an excellent one but next trip later this year I'm thinking of trying out the Grosvenor Square Marriott. I understand a major renovation is underway and should be completed shortly.
Old Feb 18, 2001, 7:08 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I stayed there over last Thanksgiving. They didn't have one then but told me they were getting one soon -- and may have it already. I forgot exactly when, however. I'd suggest calling the hotel.

Good luck.
Old Feb 19, 2001, 10:20 am

Stayed there last week (2/8/01 - 2/14/01). Yes they have an executive lounge (on the 1st floor) and the concereige is in the main lobby (although not to helpful IMHO)

------------------
Old Feb 19, 2001, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Thanks Pitflyer and camel589. Although I like County Hall, I think Grosvenor Square has an edge on location to restaurants, shopping, etc. Stayed there about 8 years ago but it didn't have a concierge lounge. By the way, welcome aboard, came589.
Old Feb 20, 2001, 10:24 am

Thanks for the welcome....By the way, they were still renovating the place which was often quite noisy during the day. But very central location for food / atmosphere. Also extremely short walk to bond "tube" station that will get you anywhere.

------------------
AA PLAT, Marroitt Gold
Old Jun 3, 2001, 4:59 pm

Best Marriott in London, UK?

I'm giving my daughter a week on points in a London Marriott ... which one would you suggest?
Old Jun 3, 2001, 5:40 pm
GG

This has got to be the most asked question on this forum. And the answer is probably...

County Hall.

Since you're fairly new to the Board, you may not be familiar with the Search function. It's on the upper right hand part of your screen, and if you use it, you'll find answers to many questions, some of which you probably don't even want to know!

Do a Search on "County Hall" on the Marriott forum, and read all about it. There are lots of (good) comments.
Old Jun 4, 2001, 6:04 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
There is absolutely no question about this one--the Marriott County Hall. It's one of the best hotels I have stayed at anywhere--not just the U.K.

Enjoy!
Old Jun 4, 2001, 2:01 pm

pwrshift, I couldn't agree more with Art234 on Marriott County Hall. Also, high tea in the Library at County Hall should not be missed while your daughter is there.
Old Jun 4, 2001, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Interesting, the standard room rates for a few of the Marriott's are:

County Hall: 187 BP
Grosvenor Square: 220 BP
Renniasance Chancery Court: 255 BP

So, I guess money/cost doesn't equal qaulity here...?

Are they all the same redemption point level/cost?

I was thinking of redeeming the 120,000 point award for two C tickets from BOS-Londow and 7 nights room...can these be upgraded to a suite?

[This message has been edited by nologic (edited 06-04-2001).]
Old Jun 5, 2001, 7:35 am
Original Member

What reward code is that for 2 C tix and 6 nights for 120,000 points??
Old Jun 5, 2001, 8:00 pm

nologic,

It may be that the Marriott County Hall is in more of a tourist area and the other two are in government/business areas of London and may be less price sensitive. Or there may just be no logic to it. (I couldn't stop myself)
Old Jun 6, 2001, 4:27 pm

FWIW, I just spent a week at the Marriot Marble Arch. Very nice and a great central location near the Marble Arch subway stop and the park.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.