Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Regents Park Marriott, UK [Master Thread]

Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Getting to hotel from Swiss Cottage tube stop: When you exit the turnstiles at the Swiss Cottage tube stop, go left to exit 1 (Avenue Road), up the stairs (10 steps) to street level, make a left, walk to the corner/street light, & turn left & you'll see the Marriott in front of you at the next light. It's a 5-minute walk from Swiss Cottage to the entrance of the Marriott.

Property now has M Lounge on ground floor open 24/7. Children under 16 not allowed in lounge per website.

Hors d'oeuvres (1730-1930hrs) and dessert selection (1930-2130hrs) available 7 days a week
Beverages available throughout the day with red & white wine and beer served between 1730-2130hrs
Print Wikipost

Regents Park Marriott, UK [Master Thread]

Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There was an idiot in the lounge tonight who was playing his voicemails at full blast on his laptop. Worse still, he played the same voice mail 5 times.I was on the verge of losing my temper, which happens very rarely.

He then got chatting with an old couple, and they more or less got his life story.
Other than it happened at this property, what does it have to do w/ the property? The thread is for property updates.

Cheers.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:26 pm

Do the rooms still have a kettle for tea?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Anyone know if there is a free printer hooked up to the computer in the lounge (assuming the computer is still there)? I usually take my portable printer overseas but am considering traveling light for my visit next week.

Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I am at the hotel now. There is a printer hooked up to the computer in the lounge. It wasn't working yesterday so they gave me a card so I could use the printer in the business center. The printer is working today. Don't bring your printer with you!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:34 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It looks like they are changing the lounge a bit from Friday. The entrance is being moved to the 'windowed' area. It will be easier to see people stealing the bottles of wine
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:33 pm

Resurrecting this thread for a wi-fi question. Before I forget, thank you Sharon for the very detailed report. I really appreciate a thorough report.

I have made a reservation for Easter Week here for my 17 year-old son and I.

I typically spend a few nights a year at Marriott properties, so my membership status is "member." No perks for me.

The wifi cost quoted to me by the property remains 15.00 per night. I should not have access to the lounge, so it appears there is no free wi-fi on property for me. Given how little time we are spending in the room, I prefer not to spend the 15.00 each day.

Is anyone aware of any free wifi hot spots nearby? From Google Maps it appears there is a McDonalds a few hundred meters from the Swiss Cottage station in the other direction from the hotel. Any other location that someone can recommend?

Thank you.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:18 pm

A big refurbishment started this week.

The current reception, bar and restaurant have been closed, and temporary versions set up in the conference rooms. This will remain in place until around Easter.

After that, they start refurbishing the rooms. It will be interesting to see if they remove the desks, as a large proportion of the guests are corporate customers rather than tourists.

And thankfully, they've replaced the lounge toaster at last! The old one was a death trap
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up on the renovations!

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
A big refurbishment started this week.

The current reception, bar and restaurant have been closed, and temporary versions set up in the conference rooms. This will remain in place until around Easter.

After that, they start refurbishing the rooms. It will be interesting to see if they remove the desks, as a large proportion of the guests are corporate customers rather than tourists.

And thankfully, they've replaced the lounge toaster at last! The old one was a death trap
Took me two days to work out how to get out of the hotel without getting lost. Room service is now a game of roulette guessing which kitchen the food is served from (one of them is also be refurbished).

I suspect you are right about the desks. The new rooms they do have do not have desks but also because the TV is fastened to the wall you can't get to the HDMI ports to plug your laptop in either.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by abat
I suspect you are right about the desks. The new rooms they do have do not have desks but also because the TV is fastened to the wall you can't get to the HDMI ports to plug your laptop in either.
I've never managed to get access to the HDMI ports - they've always seemed to be disabled. Is there a special trick?

The TV system at the Regent's Park is terrible. If the have any sports on (a big if), it's generally a widescreen picture that has been stretched even further, so you are missing about 30% of the picture.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Here's the last report I have in the exec lounge sticky. Can someone provide an update? Thx.

* London / Marriott Regents Park / OPEN; free wifi & i-net terminal; Under 16yrs old are not permitted in the Executive Lounge; upgrade to full English brekkie in restaurant for 5GBP/person (per website); 07/21/14 update

Cheers.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
I've never managed to get access to the HDMI ports - they've always seemed to be disabled. Is there a special trick?

The TV system at the Regent's Park is terrible. If the have any sports on (a big if), it's generally a widescreen picture that has been stretched even further, so you are missing about 30% of the picture.
Yes, plug something and into the TV and then hit 0 repeatedly as you turn the TV on. It will go black and then you can press 0 to go through the inputs starting with AV, the HDMI1 and HMDI2. I use a HDMI lead to my laptop quite successfully as long as I can get to the back of the TV to plug it in.

Last edited by abat; Jan 23, 2016 at 3:22 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by abat
Yes, plug something and into the TV and then hit 0 repeatedly as you turn the TV on. It will go black and then you can press 0 to go through the inputs starting with AV, the HDMI1 and HMDI2. I use a HDMI lead to my laptop quiet successfully as long as I can get to the back of the TV to plug it in.
Typical... I've been staying there on and off for about 4 years and never knew this.

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Here's the last report I have in the exec lounge sticky. Can someone provide an update? Thx.

* London / Marriott Regents Park / OPEN; free wifi & i-net terminal; Under 16yrs old are not permitted in the Executive Lounge; upgrade to full English brekkie in restaurant for 5GBP/person (per website); 07/21/14 update

Cheers.
I've not seen anything about the upgrade to Full English Breakfast, but the rest of the information is still correct.

The cocktail hour now seems to have a 'flexible' closing time... I've been in there at 10pm and there have still been drinks out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.