Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

As of June 2022 :

Chambers Club opening hours:
Opens at 7am until 10pm
Clubs Breakfast : Weekdays : 7am-11am, Weekends: 7am-12pm
Clubs Pre-Dinner Snacks : Daily : 5:30pm-7:30pm Hot snacks, Cold snacks, and dessert buffet including complimentary house spirits.

As a part of Club experience you may bring one additional guest to the club with you and any additional will be subject to Club access fee of 80 per person.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
You might find my post of use as I am also Gold. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25922890-post259.html
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
You might find my post of use as I am also Gold. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25922890-post259.html
What's the deal with the duck? Can you keep him as a souvenir?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:19 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Yes, the duck is yours to take. They also sell them at the gift shop. There's three different colors, I think, each of which are related to the hotel's decor.
Attached Images  
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Had a stay in this hotel last month. Good stay. Full report is over in the master Marriotts in London thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28890741-post3692.html
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Email Address

The RSP has a contact us link on their own website where you can send a message. I did this but after 2 weeks, I still do not have a reply from them.

Does anyone know an email address (and maybe with a title of a person) for the RSP?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by HookEm
The RSP has a contact us link on their own website where you can send a message. I did this but after 2 weeks, I still do not have a reply from them.

Does anyone know an email address (and maybe with a title of a person) for the RSP?
This is what I used earlier this year

[email protected]
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by s0479
This is what I used earlier this year

[email protected]

Thank you very much.

I had also sent a message to them on Facebook but they never responded to me through that channel either. I know everybody loves FB, but I think they are nearly worthless.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by BarryL
Upgrade options
+30/nt GBP Barlow king
+60/nt GBP Barlow King Larger room
+170/nt GBP Chambers Room jr suite
+230/nt GBP Chambers Grand suite.
I was offered the above at time of award booking, I chose 60/nt option. My reservation says I'm booked for a Premier King Room, 32m/ 344sq.ft.

Today I received a eStandby opportunity email with these three options. Interesting they're offering a lunch/dinner discount voucher

1. 120 (for 100) Lunch or Dinner Vouche, at the Booking Office Bar & Restaurant. Discount works out to be aprox $31 USD.
- The Booking Office Bar & Restaurant is the perfect place to begin or end your day in King's Cross.
- We showcase a quintessential English all-day-dining menu and one-of-a-kind Victoria-era cocktails in a truly unique setting.
- Enjoy lunch or dinner with a discounted voucher worth the value of 120. (Again discounted from 120 ($164) to 100 ($133)

2. Junior Suite, 32m/ 344sq.ft. (131 Extra per night, Save 59 per night) Aprox $175USD/nt
- Located in the original Victorian hotel building, this Suite combines lavish proportions, high ceilings and ornate moldings with luxurious new finishes
- Access to the Chambers Club, serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments throuhgout the day
- Complimentary WiFi in the Chambers Club and a Eurostar VIP transfer service add additional comfort

3. Grand Junior Suite, 48m/ 516sq.ft (143 Extra per night Save 107 per night) Aprox $204 USD/nt
- Generously-sized Suite in the original Victorian hotel building, known as the St Pancras Chambers
- The lavish proportions, high ceilings, ornate moldings and expansive windows have been reinvented with luxurious new finishes
- Access to the Chambers Club, serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments throughout the day

Couple things
1. Not sure if eStandby pricing is on top of my 60/nt upgrade to Premier King Room? I'm sure the Jr. Suite is nicer, but identical size to Premier King Room.
2. Do any of these prices include VAT? It would be nice to stay in a Chambers suite, but not sure it's worth $800-$1000 (5 night stay).

As Platinum Premier I'll already have access to Chamber Club.

Last edited by BarryL; Dec 25, 2017 at 11:23 pm
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BarryL
Couple things
1. Not sure if eStandby pricing is on top of my 60/nt upgrade to Premier King Room? I'm sure the Jr. Suite is nicer, but identical size to Premier King Room.
2. Do any of these prices include VAT? It would be nice to stay in a Chambers suite, but not sure it's worth $800-$1000 (5 night stay).

As Platinum Premier I'll already have access to Chamber Club.
With you being a PP I would recommend doing one of two things. Either upgrade to a chambers room or change your current reservation to no upgrade option as you will be upgraded to a larger Barlow room anyway. As a Plat, I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and always been upgraded to a larger Barlow room, but never upgraded to chambers room.

I travel solo and see no reason to book a chambers room as I'm rarely in the room. When spending time at the hotel, I'm usually in the Chambers Club. Now if it is a special occasion, or you're traveling with someone else, then you may want the nicer room and/or extra space.

All rates include VAT TTBOMK.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Dec 26, 2017 at 6:12 am
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
With you being a PP I would recommend doing one of two things. Either upgrade to a chambers room or change your current reservation to no upgrade option as you will be upgraded to a larger Barlow room anyway. As a Plat, I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and always been upgraded to a larger Barlow room, but never upgraded to chambers room.

I travel solo and see no reason to book a chambers room as I'm rarely in the room. When spending time at the hotel, I'm usually in the Chambers Club. Now if it is a special occasion, or you're traveling with someone else, then you may want the nicer room and/or extra space.

All rates include VAT TTBOMK.
Thanks for your advice, just adjusted by reservation to standard room. Hopefully they'll upgrade me to a larger room. Sounds like Chambers room won't happen either way.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Just remember that under the Marriott terms and conditions, suites are explicitly included as an upgrade option for platinum-elite status guests. Technically, gold-elite guests aren't suppose to receive a suite. Now, granted many hotels will claim a suite isn't available, but I wouldn't hesitate to push back and, if necessary, read the terms to the manager if you really care about a suite. Unlike Starwood, there is no limitation on the category of suites that one can be upgraded into as a Marriott platinum.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Just remember that under the Marriott terms and conditions, suites are explicitly included as an upgrade option for platinum-elite status guests. Technically, gold-elite guests aren't suppose to receive a suite. Now, granted many hotels will claim a suite isn't available, but I wouldn't hesitate to push back and, if necessary, read the terms to the manager if you really care about a suite. Unlike Starwood, there is no limitation on the category of suites that one can be upgraded into as a Marriott platinum.
Link to Marriott Rewards Elite Membership Terms and Conditions

Number 5 under Additional Platinum and Gold Membership Benefits section:

Complimentary Room Upgrade: Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis, as determined at the time of check-in. Upgrades are subject to availability and identified by each hotel. Not available at Marriott Vacation Club.

There is no requirement that all, or even any, suites are available for upgrade at any given hotel. Also note that suites are not excluded from MR Gold members.

Now these are the Terms and Conditions. Perhaps what you read was some marketing spin of these. Please post your source if you find it. Thanks - Bob
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Link to Marriott Rewards Elite Membership Terms and Conditions

Number 5 under Additional Platinum and Gold Membership Benefits section:

Complimentary Room Upgrade: Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis, as determined at the time of check-in. Upgrades are subject to availability and identified by each hotel. Not available at Marriott Vacation Club.

There is no requirement that all, or even any, suites are available for upgrade at any given hotel. Also note that suites are not excluded from MR Gold members.

Now these are the Terms and Conditions. Perhaps what you read was some marketing spin of these. Please post your source if you find it. Thanks - Bob
​Here is the actual language from the terms and conditions:

"Complimentary Room Upgrade: Upgrades are based on room availability at check-in and limited to a member's personal guestroom. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities and rooms on Executive Floors. Suites are included for Platinum members only. Rooms with direct Club Lounge access are excluded. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis, as determined at the time of check-in. Upgrades are subject to availability and identified by each hotel."

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
​Here is the actual language from the terms and conditions:
​"Complimentary Room Upgrade:.. Rooms with direct Club Lounge access are excluded. "
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi
Wonder what this means?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ohmark
Wonder what this means?
It's a reference to Ritz-Carlton or resort properties that may have a lounge in which access isn't granted through elite status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.