Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by X-ON
Exactly my point, let LT only depend on actual hotel visits. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if MPG LT tiers will be a function of base nights and/or base points. Hence you can no longer use bonus nights/points from cc, roll-over or otherwize in order to obtain LT status. Strictly spending time and/or $ at hotel. However the actual tiers most of course be adjusted accordingly at least if we compare to the current MR tiers.... But then again I am only guessing here...
This post made me think back to when AA changed their LT calculations (2010/11?). Anything accumulated under the old rules stayed in your LT balance, but moving forward they did away with all the miscellaneous ways to earn miles; became only BIS (except for a 1 year extension on a premium CC Citi launched right around the changeover).

In particular, I always questioned (but personally benefited from) the roll-over nights contributing to LT. Never made sense to me - assumed it was an IT thing; they couldn't back those out of LT.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by bosman
This post made me think back to when AA changed their LT calculations (2010/11?). Anything accumulated under the old rules stayed in your LT balance, but moving forward they did away with all the miscellaneous ways to earn miles; became only BIS (except for a 1 year extension on a premium CC Citi launched right around the changeover).

In particular, I always questioned (but personally benefited from) the roll-over nights contributing to LT. Never made sense to me - assumed it was an IT thing; they couldn't back those out of LT.
This is a plausible scenario... for myself, in this case, I hope there is some adjustment done to the LT nights that I have accumulated in my SPG account so that they at least are remotely eqvivalent to the one in the MR account. At least back populate roll-over nights and add bonus nights in, fairly easy to do but I would be surprised if gets done...

They wouldnt need to back them out, just create a new variable; base nights by counting BIB in your account and now say that LT is determined by that going forward ... very much doable however will probably not be very popular since it will move the goal post for most exMR accounts
Old May 7, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Well, it took me 6.5 yrs, but i finally did it!

Do I get anything cool or does anything special happen next? lol

Old May 7, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I got lifetime platinum in July 2016 and didn't even recieve an email. You'd think something simple and automated would be an easy and nice gesture.
Old May 7, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by JHake10
I got lifetime platinum in July 2016 and didn't even recieve an email. You'd think something simple and automated would be an easy and nice gesture.
Easy, yes. Nice, not really; a computer-generated thank-you is pretty empty imo.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alrvd83
Well, it took me 6.5 yrs, but i finally did it!

Do I get anything cool or does anything special happen next? lol

You get a "congratulations" from us. I'm not clear on whether you get anywhere near that much from Marriott itself. At some point you get a card that reflects your lifetime status rather than your annual status, but I'm not sure if you get that until your annual status drops below your lifetime status (which looks like won't be this year or next, given your 82 annual nights already so far).
Old May 8, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You get a "congratulations" from us. I'm not clear on whether you get anywhere near that much from Marriott itself. At some point you get a card that reflects your lifetime status rather than your annual status, but I'm not sure if you get that until your annual status drops below your lifetime status (which looks like won't be this year or next, given your 82 annual nights already so far).
Thanks! Ironically I did get an email from Marriott today saying congradulations. Last yr I managed to make spire elite as well, so I may stay more with them before that status runs out. I need a break from the endless # of courtyards that I've stayed in lol
Old May 9, 2017, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Thanks! Ironically I did get an email from Marriott today saying congratulations. Last yr I managed to make spire elite as well, so I may stay more with them before that status runs out. I need a break from the endless # of courtyards that I've stayed in lol
Right now marriott.com is showing that there are 1138 Courtyards amongst their properties. If you've got more time, there's even more Courtyards to go!

David
Old May 9, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Still haven't received an email, or anything in the mail after achieving lifetime status.... been quite a while now.
Attached Images  
Old May 9, 2017, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by jjmoore
Still haven't received an email, or anything in the mail after achieving lifetime status.... been quite a while now.
Im sure you overlooked the email, as it was quite inconspicuous.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:48 am

I just qualified and got a rather unexciting automated email/
Old May 11, 2017, 12:46 pm

Platinum Lifetime

I'm sure, there was no Email from Marriott.
Attached Images  
Old May 11, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by fabge
Platinum Lifetime

I'm sure, there was no Email from Marriott.
How many a nights a year are you actually in a marriott bed?
Old May 11, 2017, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by IslesFan
How many a nights a year are you actually in a marriott bed?
Since mid 2015 I'm not sleeping in a Marriott bed maybe for ~50 days/year.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Funny thing happened to me on the way to Lifetime Platinum Elite status, nights keep posting but the points froze at about 10k short of 2 million, at least that is what the app shows. Just puzzled as to how nights can post and not the points for those nights. Any explanation oit there ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.