Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old May 26, 2017, 1:33 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by njcommodore
Just made LT plat. Where was my 750th night you might ask? A Towneplace Suites . I feel dirty, but mission accomplished.

Literally made me laugh out loud - thanks for helping me start my day off happy!
Old May 27, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by phltraveler
That's the open question. Thankfully, I am an idealist who believes either the DL or UA partnership will persevere. LT PLTs thus far tell me it apparently does (coworkers).

As far as changes...
Delta has LGA. Newark has EWR. EWR is definitely stronger.

By all accounts UA seems likely to persist, but if DL did and the status match went there on MR, I'd have to deal with it. One of the two surviving would essentially be my best hope.
Selfishly I'd prefer the Delta program to continue. I'm already lifetime UA gold.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Selfishly I'd prefer the Delta program to continue. I'm already lifetime UA gold.
You do realize that SPG's Delta partnership doesn't give any true status at Delta? (It's not like Marriott's where they give actual first level status at United.) SPG's parntership is more about cross-earning (you earn DL miles addition to SPG points on hotel stays, and you earn SPG points in addition to DL miles on DL flights).
Old May 28, 2017, 7:04 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You do realize that SPG's Delta partnership doesn't give any true status at Delta? (It's not like Marriott's where they give actual first level status at United.) SPG's parntership is more about cross-earning (you earn DL miles addition to SPG points on hotel stays, and you earn SPG points in addition to DL miles on DL flights).
Hah. Some of us would prefer to have Delta points than first level status on United!
Old May 28, 2017, 10:54 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
i thought they recently upgraded the program. Now spg platinum receive priority boarding, priority checkin, free bag and upgrades. No delta status required to earn points anymore either.

https://www.delta.com/profile/spgLanding.action
Old May 28, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I received a pleasant surprise in the mail yesterday. A letter congratulating me for making lifetime platinum as well as a lifetime platinum card. I was under the impression that I'd get nothing lol. Not bad.
Old May 29, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by alrvd83
I received a pleasant surprise in the mail yesterday. A letter congratulating me for making lifetime platinum as well as a lifetime platinum card. I was under the impression that I'd get nothing lol. Not bad.
I wonder what triggers this. I made LT Plat after four long years in July 2016 and didn't receive anything.
Old May 29, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kklems
i thought they recently upgraded the program. Now spg platinum receive priority boarding, priority checkin, free bag and upgrades. No delta status required to earn points anymore either.

https://www.delta.com/profile/spgLanding.action
But upgrades at what priority? Doesn't Delta give upgrades by elite level? So if you're not even the first up elite level, don't you only get upgrades if absolutely no one with any elite level is in front of you?

I can't find anything at that link, or the link for further info about upgrades, which explains that.

That's what I meant by "no true status". At United, you know where you stand on upgrades (at least you're even with some other Silvers). At Delta, you have no clue, but my suspicion is you're below the lowest status level (sort of patterned after SPG's Preferred Plus level, which is many of the benefits of SPG Gold except you're not actually SPG Gold).

Last edited by sdsearch; May 29, 2017 at 7:34 pm
Old May 30, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
But upgrades at what priority?
I've read awhile back it's basically Silver lite. You're upgrade priority is below Delta Silvers. However, I flew PHL-JFK RT over the weekend and got upgraded both ways (39 minute flight).

While UA gold is a good perk for E+ at booking and *A lounge access, I wouldn't bank on upgrades. I'm a UA 1K and will frequently be 15 on the upgrade list after everything has cleared AND I applied an RPU upgrade certificate (which is a higher priority than the standard CPU).
Old May 30, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by JHake10
I wonder what triggers this. I made LT Plat after four long years in July 2016 and didn't receive anything.
You will only receive your Marriott Rewards Lifetime credentials when you no longer qualify for regular Elite Status. So if your Marriott nights drop below 75 nights this year and you don't requalify for elite status in 2018, they will send you the Lifetime card.

Regards,

RIP..
Old May 30, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by OU812
So if your Marriott nights drop below 75 nights this year and you don't requalify for elite status in 2018, they will send you the Lifetime card.
I have never fallen below 75 nights and I have received a LTP card, so this is not always true.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Has any announcement been made yet on how SPG LT PLT is going to be rolled in?

To hedge my bets, since I am already LT PLT on SPG, I started staying in Marriott last year, and have managed 120 nights/324k in points.

Combined with the 635 SPG nights I have, that crosses the barrier for 750 total.

I am hoping it is a grandfathered LT PLT to LT PLT.
I would be fine with LT PLT plus 750 total nights between the two to LT PLT
My concern would be if the points play a factor, as obviously I earned hundreds of thousands of points with SPG, but not sure how that will calculate.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
Has any announcement been made yet on how SPG LT PLT is going to be rolled in?

To hedge my bets, since I am already LT PLT on SPG, I started staying in Marriott last year, and have managed 120 nights/324k in points.

Combined with the 635 SPG nights I have, that crosses the barrier for 750 total.

I would be fine with LT PLT plus 750 total nights between the two to LT PLT
My concern would be if the points play a factor, as obviously I earned hundreds of thousands of points with SPG, but not sure how that will calculate.
Nothing has been released yet. Final merger of the programs is slated for sometime in 2018 and they may miss that date as it is. I imagine they have a team crunching numbers to see what and how they bring the two programs into parity. Just like the LT requirements have evolved over the years, this is another change point.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CJKatl
I have never fallen below 75 nights and I have received a LTP card, so this is not always true.
Same here...attached are my credentials just this yr to date, and I still received a lifetime platinum card in the mail recently.

Old May 30, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
While this is pure conjecture on my part, and I have no inside information, I cannot imagine Marriott would take away LT from anyone, so you should be okay. While my guess is the Marriott standard will be adopted going forward, the ill-will from yanking away LT status would be huge, even for those who would keep LT status but worry about the future of honoring promises. we might see some tiered LT status, but not a wholesale revocation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.