Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Get points for second room with Marriott Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2007, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Hello

I'm completely new to the Marriott Rewards programme. Please forgive me for asking this, probably simple question.

Within the Hilton programme, it is possible for me to pay for a colleagues room, and then receive points for that room as well.

Is the same possible with Marriott Rewards, or will I only receive points for my room?

Thanks,
H.J.
Old May 15, 2007, 6:36 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
You can receive points on up to 3 rooms per night at the same hotel.
Old May 15, 2007, 7:15 am
Original Poster

thanks
Old May 15, 2007, 7:25 am

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
You won't get a night stay credit though. No problem getting the points.
Old May 17, 2007, 8:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
In my experience, It is very possible to receive night credits for up to three rooms. Be sure that if you're reserving the rooms, that you add the other people's names as GUEST #2 or book each room separately and position your name as GUEST #1 and the other person as GUEST #2.

As a matter of fact, I 've booked 3 rooms for other colleagues who have attended conferences. I wasn't a part of their trip and still got nights credit and points credit for up to three rooms.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Nights Received for More Than 3 Rooms??

I know that MR entitles a person to receive points and night credits for up to 3 rooms per stay, but has anyone ever received points and night credits for more than 3 rooms?

The reason I ask is that there is a conference in New Orleans, LA exactly one month from today. I'm planning to book potentially 4-5 rooms for this stay at either the JW Marriott or New Orleans Marriott (both hotels are on Canal Street).

Tell me your experiences, if there are any, on how this can happen? If the folios from all the rooms were on one bill (or under one room), would that make a difference?

Please advise or send me a PM, if necessary.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 9:53 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Marcell
I know that MR entitles a person to receive points and night credits for up to 3 rooms per stay, but has anyone ever received points and night credits for more than 3 rooms?
MR actually does not entitle a person to receive night credit for up to 3 rooms per stay. They are supposed to get night credit for only 1 room per stay. Of course sometimes persons have been able to get night credit on more than one room, but the rules state your not supposed to.

As for your main question, I have never received points for more than 3 rooms at one time. Not as FS Marriotts or CYs either. The way around this one is depending on the number of rooms (and 4 or 5 rooms may not be enough), is to call their Meetings & Events group and set up the rooms as an event. You may be able to get more points this way.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:18 am

Programs: marriott platinum, hilton gold, starwood gold, hertz club gold
same story here....

twice in the last month I booked 10 rooms in my name and had each individual in my group put their own personal credit card and name on their respective room. In both cases, I received credit for points on 3 rooms each time and 2 total nights stays. Was hoping for more, but got what the program offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.