Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2005, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Cindi89
The Marriott Executive Park is right off I-77. It's south of downtown which puts you pass the traffic. Its close to some restaurants and not too far from the mall where there are more restaurants. I've never stayed in the Marriott, but we've had mgmt meetings there and it seemed to be a nice hotel.
I am here now for a convention and it's not a bad property. Nothing special, but nice staff (haven't seen any ineptness) and great dinners and desserts. Breakfast buffet was a good price at $11.95, but sadly lacking in areas (which is odd for me, as I find Marriotts to have great food, overall).
Old May 14, 2005, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by senorak
Thanks for the info and positive reviews re: RI-I77. That location would be perfect! So far, the cheapest rate I can find for a 2BR is $129 (AAA rate). Do you think the 1BR is big enough for us (2 adults, 3 children), since we are only staying 1 night? The kids could all just sleep on the sleeper sofa (or could we also get a rollaway cot?). I've tried quite a few of the discount codes (gotten from an earlier thread here at FT), but not many seem to work for this RI.

DEB
Each room should have a queen bed. But whether there is a sofa-sleeper depends on the RI and the room. Call and ask. If it doesn't have a sofa-sleeper, request a roll-away.
Old May 14, 2005, 10:20 pm

Programs: Delta platinum Marriott Plat. Avis Preferred US Air Platinum
RI Tyvola is fine. If the price is not right, try the RI Southpark. It is not that far away--you have to get off I-77 but I think it is a fairly straight shot. You will have to get directions, however.

RI Southpark is right next to a mall--a very good one I might add, and you may enjoy walking around it if you have some extra time. We stayed there for a couple of weeks when we moved to the area and enjoyed the location.

Hope your trip to Hilton Head is a good one. We've always enjoyed the island.
Old May 15, 2005, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Agree w/all posts. It comes down to your choice or ability to get the best rate.
1) RI at Tyvola is closest to the highway but offers little more in amentities then other properties
2) RI at Piper Glen is fairly new, very nice, across from upscale strip mall, theatre, outdoor seating restaurants, fountains, outdoor weekend bands sometimes.
3) RI at South Park is nice - best and most upscale mall - great walking, retaurants, fun time as well.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 7:04 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Charlotte Marriott and Charlotte Renaissance

Starting a new long-term (several weeks at least) project in Charlotte on Monday.

Any comments on either the Charlotte Renaissance or the full-service Marriott would be welcome. Am especially interested in any comments on Concierge Lounge at each location.

Also, the client is about 10 minutes from the airport, so I'm not sure which one would be more convenient.

Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 8:23 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Starting a new long-term (several weeks at least) project in Charlotte on Monday.

Any comments on either the Charlotte Renaissance or the full-service Marriott would be welcome. Am especially interested in any comments on Concierge Lounge at each location.

Also, the client is about 10 minutes from the airport, so I'm not sure which one would be more convenient.

Thanks.
stayed at the Charlotte Renaissance...the staff is excellent, restaurant and staff good too...will be there again next week for 2 nights.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
The Ren is nice... all suites (used to be an embassy suites). Good room service, pretty decent concierge lounge with hot apps. One negative side is that it is in the middle of one of the biggest office campuses I've ever seen, so there is pretty much nothing to do at night within walking distance, and downtown is 15 minutes away. I would stay at the Marriott Downtown if possible because it is supposed to be equally nice, but there is much more to do and see.
I have also stayed at the marriott executive park. I have to say that the staff is great, and the lounge is very nice, but the rooms are very tired. Also, they have the new super fluffy and feathery soft beds which are nice. Unfortunately, the TV is in such a position that when watching from bed the high fluff blocks most of the screen so that you basically have to watch at an extreme angle, or not from the bed.

Good Luck, hope this helps,
JK
Old Oct 12, 2005, 6:03 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
I've stayed at the Ren and I think that it would be your choice if you need to be near the airport. To add to some others' comments, while there is nothing to do within walking distance, you will need a car in Charlotte anyway so it shouldn't be an issue. Plus, parking is free at the Ren versus $10/day at the downtown Marriott. The atrium-style suite layout looks for all the world like an Embassy Suites, but the Concierge claimed that it was not. When I was there, I found out the hard way that this Ren does not follow the standard Marriott policy toward phone and HSI charges and does not participate in Wired for Business - check before you use.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 6:28 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel was built in 1999 and was never an Embassy Suites. It is a very good hotel and only 2 miles from the Airport. You will need a car no matter where you stay in Charlotte.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
I spent several weeks a year at the Ren for 3 years. Before that I stayed at the Marriott Exec. Park and occasionally the downtown Marriott. By far and away the Ren was the best - excellent rooms, great staff, great lounge, free internet in the Business Center.

The downtown Marriott was above average for staff/service, but not as comfortable to me on longer term stays.

Avoid the Exec. Park. At one time it was also above average, but has gone dowhill (service/rooms, etc.) over the past few years.

Bruce
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:56 am

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
We stayed at the Ren Suites last month and enjoyed it. It's convenient to the airport (but not much else), so it probably best suits your purposes. The downtown Marriott has lots of restaurants, etc. within walking distance.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
I'm looking for a property for a Saturday night stay in December. I'll be going to a game at Davidson College but would like also like to visit downtown Charlotte, since I've never been there.

The downtown Marriott is sold out, so that's not even an option. I went ahead and booked the Ren, understanding that I will have to drive both to downtown and Davidson. Hopefully, its not that difficult, and it seems like the Ren gets good reviews from this board..

Plus the stay for breakfast rate is good...
Old Oct 12, 2005, 4:16 pm

For an extended stay, I personally would opt for the Renaissance with the much larger 2 room suites and kitchen area. If that isn't important, the CityCenter is definitely right in the middle of the action in downtown Charlotte, and is one of my favorites because they consistently keep the indoor pool at a very warm temperature, while the Renaissance is usually even colder than most indoor pools. That may not matter to you, but is definitely an important factor when I am choosing hotels. Sorry I can't help with info on the Lounge have never been to it at either location.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
Downtown Charlotte is actually called "Uptown," and there isn't much to do there anyway
Old Oct 14, 2005, 6:57 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
If I were staying a while, I'd pick the Marriott Downtown (or Uptown) just because it's closer to several restaurants. But that's just me. The Ren is nice too. At the Marriott, there's a wonderful restaurant right across the street from the front entrance and several in either direction up or down Tryon. I'm sorry I can't remember the names of these eateries, but I consumed a lot of wine the last night I was there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.