Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Old Dec 23, 2003, 1:30 pm

Renaissance Charlotte Suites

I am wondering if anyone has stayed there and any opinions you could give would be great!
Old Dec 23, 2003, 2:39 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
There are actually a couple of opinions on this one...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/002461.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum.../002933-2.html

I, personally, prefer the Marriott City Center Charlotte, but that is because my office is adjacent, and it is convenient.

When are you going to be there?

------------------
Bob
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> You only live once -- but if you work it right, once is enough.

Joe E. Lewis
</font>
Old Dec 23, 2003, 6:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
One of my favorite properties! Every room is a two-room suite. I stayed there many times as my former company had their offices in the adjacent offices. The front desk supervisor, John, took excellent care of me. Never had to worry about breakfast on the weekends (I'm platinum, but that doesn't include weekend breakfast normally), he'd occasionally buy me dinner - the shuttle was always available for a short run, etc.

Hotel is newer and nice, lounge has good evening food (more than just snacks), and southern hospitality shines. If there is any down side it's the hotel restaurant for dinner - rather pricey for the quality of the food. Other than that it's a top notch place to stay.

Bruce
Old Jul 13, 2004, 2:04 pm

Question Charlotte hotel info (family of 5)

We are staying in Charlotte en route to Hilton Head (Aug.6-7th). Have been checking out the Marriot.com website for hotel ideas/rates. Being a family of 5, we are finding it difficult to find a decent priced room/suite (that includes breakfast). Looks like the RI would be our best bet. Our travel route is 77...so we don't want to stray too far from that. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

DEB
Old Jul 13, 2004, 3:57 pm

Several of my family members have stayed at the RI Charlotte South (I-77/Tyvola) once before. Nothing special, but it has a pool and accepts pets. Marriott.com has 1 BR suites for $79 on the night of your stay. That seems like a pretty good rate to me.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 5:33 pm

Not sure of the rate you can find....

but the Renaissance at the Coliseum is a great property. All suites, so your family will be comfortable, staff is great, if John is the front desk supervisor tell him Bruce from CA sent you - should be worth something

Bruce
Old Jul 13, 2004, 5:34 pm

We are a family of 6. When we take a vacation we often use the RI's. Many of them offer a Townhouse arrangement where there is a second bedroom upstairs. (This usually requires an upgrade certificate if you are staying on points) When you figure the cost of a room plus the cost of breakfast the RI's are a pretty good value.

Enjoy the trip

Last edited by FlyingG; Jul 13, 2004 at 5:36 pm
Old Jul 13, 2004, 5:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
You cant go wrong with the RI off 77/Tyvola.

See if a corner room with 2 seperate bedrooms is available.

There is a Mcdonalds close buy as well as Sonnys BBQ and a Chilis.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 7:05 pm

Marriott Executive Park or Residence Inn

The Marriott Executive Park is right off I-77. It's south of downtown which puts you pass the traffic. Its close to some restaurants and not too far from the mall where there are more restaurants. I've never stayed in the Marriott, but we've had mgmt meetings there and it seemed to be a nice hotel. There is also a RI that is directly beside the Marriott. A friend who relocated stayed in the RI and it was a pretty nice one, if I recall correctly

The renaissance is a little distance from I-77 and there are only two restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Depending on the time of day you'll have traffic problems in that area.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 7:29 pm

I used to stay at the Marriott Executive Park (last time was 2 years ago so bear that in mind), and stopped because it got very run-down, and the morale of the staff took a noise dive. It really became depressing to stay there. If anyone has stayed there since then maybe they will have a more recent report....

Bruce
Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Marriott Silver
Third vote for the RI at 77/Tyvola.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 8:40 am

discounts for RI-77?

Thanks for the info and positive reviews re: RI-I77. That location would be perfect! So far, the cheapest rate I can find for a 2BR is $129 (AAA rate). Do you think the 1BR is big enough for us (2 adults, 3 children), since we are only staying 1 night? The kids could all just sleep on the sleeper sofa (or could we also get a rollaway cot?). I've tried quite a few of the discount codes (gotten from an earlier thread here at FT), but not many seem to work for this RI.

DEB
Old Jul 14, 2004, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Consider SpringHill Suites Also

Airport SHS shows $69 for a QQ suite (which would also have a sofa or sofabed in the living room) - enough bedding for the whole fam damily, I think.

SHS has free continental breakfast.

There are two others in Charlotte but not particularly close to I-77.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 8:53 am

Piper Glen RI

Just talked w/ a friend who recently moved to Charlotte and she suggested the RI at Piper Glen (close to her house). Has anyone had any experience at this RI? Cheapest rate I could get was $84 for 1BR suite.

DEB
Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by senorak
Just talked w/ a friend who recently moved to Charlotte and she suggested the RI at Piper Glen (close to her house). Has anyone had any experience at this RI? Cheapest rate I could get was $84 for 1BR suite.

DEB
Piper Glen area is residential, very upscale. The RI cannot be more than a few years old. Be sure and head over to Dean & Delucca for a glass of wine and a sandwich on the patio. May be 5 miles off of 77.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.