Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Worthington – Fort Worth, TX [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Worthington – Fort Worth, TX [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by HookEm
After I thanked her, I told her that starting June 22, breakfast will be included at all USA hotels. She was surprised and said no one had told her this. I guess they are waiting to tell people.
Thanks for the overall update. Re: the above, I think we're going to run into that quite a bit at the beginning which is why I'm going to keep the exec lounge sticky active (amongst other reasons).

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Wow, this thread needs an update...

I stayed here this week and found it to be pretty good. Rooms appear to be recently renovated with a modern style. I did not get an upgrade as a Platinum, in fact I was somewhat downgraded from King to double Queen. There is some room noise from noisy door slams in the hall and some neighbor noise coming through the connecting room door. Road noise outside was not a problem for me but had to use a white noise generator to ensure a good night's sleep. Location is awesome, only a block away from Sundance Square.

Fitness center is huge but HOT. Noisy A/C running and numerous ceiling fans, but still couldn't keep up.

Lobby is amazing and the bar on the mezzanine floor had live music even on a Wednesday night.

The lounge was interesting. It is a library-like room inside the restaurant entrance. There are two TVs and a small amount of seating but it appeared to be enough. There is a big board room table for many to sit. Service was exceptional and personal. Evening items were one hot item but a few other side items including grilled veggies , mixed berries, cheese, and meats. First wine or beer drink is complimentary!

I was wondering if they would serve breakfast in there... well, you go into the restaurant and collect from the buffet (quite average American style - but there is a made to order omelet station). Then you bring your food back into the lounge room. There is also a big cooler with drinks and greek yogurt.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:00 am

Stayed for 1 night this past weekend (4/27/2019).

Checked in a bit early (approx. 1:30 PM). Gold status was acknowledged; room was on 10th floor with a view of Sundance Square. I liked the lobby, but it was a little cold for my taste.

Room was lovely; I think the room have very tasteful Texas / cowtown / cattle decor. Aveda brand toiletries and 4 mini-bottles of water were in the room. Staff seemed friendly, but I did not interact with the staff much. There were a lot of events going on when we were there (galas, weddings, proms, etc.); I did not have any problems sleeping, but the GF heard noise from slamming doors.

Parking - hotel has no self-parking (only valet), but street parking is free on weekends.
Pro-tip: The parking garages are free in downtown Fort Worth during the weekends.

Overall: I would definitely return to this hotel and also think this place is a reasonable place to spend the cat 1-5 anniversary free night certificates but am also excited to try the Sinclair hotel (Autograph Collection) that is opening later this year a few blocks from this hotel.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
An update to this long-running thread: very impressed with my first Renaissance stay.

First impressions were a bit meh as I was treated to a parking garage with slightly concerning leaks coming from the underside of the hotel and a long line at check-in (I was behind a confused airline crew and someone trying to check in under their mother's name that didn't match their own last name). However, once I finally got to the desk, things started looking up. The FDA was very friendly - I asked about suites, and he said that he was pretty sure he could get me in one - he also wrote his name down on the key packet in case I needed anything (small, but nice, gesture). This whole property screams 1970s - I kind of loved it as it reminded me a lot of the vacations I went on as a kid (not that I was around in the 1970s, but this is definitely a "family hotel"). It has that "traditional" hotel smell, which made me laugh, too.

My Terrace King Suite facing Sundance Square was very impressive. Large living room, massive terrace, comfortable leather chair with headrest, comfortable sectional couch, fun cowboy-styled design, comfortable bed with very plush mattress topper, lots of lamps for light, big windows, dual vanities, large glass walk-in shower (with door - thanks, old hotel) with strong pressure. Overall, a very nice and unique suite that really stands out in a very large (and long) property.

The lounge (which is on the Mezzanine near the restaurant - the 8th floor space seemed to have been converted into a meeting room) is closed, so I got a voucher for breakfast in the Mezzanine restaurant. It appears to be a la carte on weekdays and a buffet on weekends. Service was friendly, efficient, and thorough (very good at filling up drinks, even with just two employees). I was advised to order off the menu but not order everything off the menu :-) My pancakes were very tasty (great buttered crispy edge) - I find it funny that I enjoyed these more than some of the more "luxury" pancakes I have had at other properties.

Overall, I found this property to be very pleasant. When calculating in my $135 nightly rate, the value proposition is extraordinary.
platbrownguy and dgreen12 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, American Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
FYI for folks looking to stay here, the FDA advised that the concierge lounge will be reopening in April.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 7:09 am

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Interesting how quiet this thread is. Found this to be a very nice option for Fort Worth. Reasonable price point for dt location, gym was very nice, lounge was better than other Bonvoy options in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. FDA was professional and friendly.
COLINDAD likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 7:15 pm

I assume you were not there on a Friday or Saturday as it notes that the lounge is closed then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.