Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Red face Renaissance Hong Kong for lowly Silver

We are thinking of booking the Renaissance in Kowloon at the cheapest rate and hope for an upgrade. We have not stayed much at Marriotts since my husband lost his Gold status. At Silver, do we have a prayer of getting a king room if we are only Silver, paying for a queen? Or will we have to pay? Anyone stay there? Nice?? Convenient
Old Oct 21, 2005, 6:31 am

Programs: Ex Marriot Platinum, CO Gold
Nice and convenient. There was some construction there about a year and a half ago. I received an upgrade as a gold member, but I couldn't comment on a silver member's experience.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
Nice? well, it's the weak sister of the JW and the Harborview on Victoria Island, but it's still a nice property.

My wife and I stayed there for a night earlier this year as a silver... no room upgrade and no harbor view, but who cares? It's clean, it's convenient and besides, you're in Kowloon, baby!
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:50 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
An Update

So as above, I decided the Ren. would work out for us. I noticed today a point saver rate for our dates, 63K for 5 days instead of the 85K. A quick call to the Silver line, and got the change made without a problem. I think it helped that I hadn't requested the certificate yet.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 4:49 pm

Ren Kowloon has saver special

Originally Posted by ak333
My wife and I are headed to BKK and HKG in February. We are doing this trip as a total awards trip, using my AA miles to fly on CX in J and using my MR points for hotels. In BKK we are staying at the JW where I have been many times and enjoy. In HKG, right now we are confirmed at the New World Ren. in Kowloon.

We have been to HKG many times and have only stayed at the Regent/Intercontinental when we travel together. Our original thought was that the New World is right next door to the Intercontinental, so we would feel pretty much at home there. Do you think it's worth moving to the JW on the Hong Kong side? I have only been in the lobby there, so I have no first hand knowledge of the rooms and facilites. Although we like staying on the Kowloon side, it could be fun to try something new although obviously a cat 6 would cost us more points than the cat 4. ???

I stayed at the Ren (as you state next to the Intercontinental) and was pretty amazed. Among the best showers ever. My understanding is that renovations have already concluded. Also, I found out with MR that the new Ren near the JW has saver rewards for 15k a night at least in April when I booked it.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 4:51 pm

More Details

Originally Posted by macj86
O.K. you've sparked my interest. Sai Kung has the best seafood places on the planet. This pizza must be unbelievable for you to have made the choice. Details!!!
Cann you post more details on the restaurant and location?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 8:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by JustMe551122
Cann you post more details on the restaurant and location?
Sai Kung is an area in or near the New Territories. There are a number of excellent seafood restaurants up and down the waterfront. I've eaten at a few of them and have never been disappointed. If you go, opt to sit outside (except for Jan/Feb).
Old Nov 21, 2005, 5:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
anyone have JW Marriott Hong Kong contact email

My schedule changed and I can't stay the dates I was planning on later this month. The new rates for the days I will be there are about $400hkd more per night--and about $550hkd more per night than the Ritz which is our companies recommended hotel.

I was hoping to drop the GM or someone else an email to see if they can "help me help them".

If anyone has any contact info for the hotel please PM me.

Thanks

I'll check with Marriott as well, but they are usually not a informational as the board, + I am in Thailand now and travelling over the next few days.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 3:55 pm

Programs: United GS/3MM Delta Platinum ,AA platinum,Marriott platinum,Hilton Diamond VIP,Hyatt Diamond
Front desk Manger name is Claudio Andrade
e-mail [email protected] hotel tel# 852-2810-8366
good luck
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Thanks for the email address.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 12:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
It really depends on availability. Last time I was there, we had to wait close to 30 minutes around 9PM to get a room!

Also, anybody know how long it takes JW Marriott Hong Kong to post points to the account?
Old Dec 6, 2005, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
my points posted from the JW within 5 days of the stay earlier this year.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 7:33 am

Programs: UA1k, AA plt, SW plt, Mar plt
Did ok at JW recently at 10am...
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:38 pm

Programs: SPG G, AC E, Marriott PLAT, BA Silver
Upgrades at Renaissance Hong Kong

Hi,

I want to ask about the upgrade policy for Renaissence. How can anyone get upgrades and what are the upgrades based on? I booked for 2 weeks at the Renaissence Harbourview Hong Kong and I'm wondering if I should call in to see if I can get upgraded to a Harbourview room (instead of Garden view). Since it'll be a 2-week stay, I'd like to be as comfy as possible!

Thanks in advance for the advices and tips!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta MM
Originally Posted by Calobee
Hi,

I want to ask about the upgrade policy for Renaissence. How can anyone get upgrades and what are the upgrades based on? I booked for 2 weeks at the Renaissence Harbourview Hong Kong and I'm wondering if I should call in to see if I can get upgraded to a Harbourview room (instead of Garden view). Since it'll be a 2-week stay, I'd like to be as comfy as possible!

Thanks in advance for the advices and tips!
I recently traveled to Asia and stayed in a Rene in Tokyo and then in Beijing. In neither case would I call the rooms particular "comfy" but the service in each was reasonable. I found the beds in the Asian Rene's to be uncomfortably hard. If you like a rock hard bed, it might be to your liking but I didn't care for it. I found the JW properties in Asia to be head and shoulders above the Renes. So I do not have direct experience with HK but based on my expeirnece with the brands in Asia, with a JW in Hong Kong I would strongly recommend it over the Rene if comfort is your primary concern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.