Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
With Priceline it's never guaranteed that you will get the Renaissance, but the other 5* is probably fine as well.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:20 am

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriot Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by calrick
Follow up...

I emailed the hotel a few days before arrival and asked; 1. For very early check-in and 2. The chance of upgrade. They said they informed the front desk.

Arrived at the hotel at 8am from the airport to a WONDERFUL check-in experience and, yes my room was ready for me and yes, after a quick trip to the back room, an upgrade room was offered.

I am a very loyal Marriott customer and I have never been disappointed in the Marriott family.... (OK, once in the Caribbean.) This is my fourth day in Paris and I have watched the staff consistently offer professional and friendly service. The staff and management do it right here in Paris. From the wait staff to the doorman... and everyone in-betwen... wonderful property and wonderful people.

Happy in Paris at the CE

P.S. Excellent breakfast as well.
What email address did you email for the hotel?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum, AA Citi Executive
Paris: Renaissance vs. Marriott???

My wife and I will be visiting Paris in early March '13. We will be using points. Which is the best Marriott brand hotel? It's our first time (We are in our early 30's/late 20's) so we will want to be near the action. I have narrowed it down between the Renaissance Parc de Triomphe and the Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees. If we should consider other properties we are open. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
suggest you look here...........
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...s-elysees.html

Originally Posted by trizzil
My wife and I will be visiting Paris in early March '13. We will be using points. Which is the best Marriott brand hotel? It's our first time (We are in our early 30's/late 20's) so we will want to be near the action. I have narrowed it down between the Renaissance Parc de Triomphe and the Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees. If we should consider other properties we are open. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Stayed on points at the Ren Arc Triomphe and had one of the nicest rooms with my wife. Felt well attended. Used a BOGO on the Marriott site for dinner at the hotel and breakfast was included. Wish we had stayed longer.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Both are good. Marriott is in the middle of the Champs-Elysee close to all the shops/restaurants. Renaissance Arc de Triomphe is not that far, less busy than the Marriott.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum, AA Citi Executive
Which hotel feels more Parisian?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Which hotel feels more Parisian?
Actually IMHO the Renaissance Paris Vendome feels the most Parisian.

I have stayed there and the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe and while both were terrific, the Vendome feels more like you are in a Parisian residence.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:08 am

So it was decided to consolidate the consolidate???
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Renaissance AdT Paris: difference in treatment as Silver vs. Gold?

I'll be staying at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe in Paris at the end of the month and I'm curious how different my experience would likely be as Silver vs. Gold? I'm currently sitting at 41 qualifying nights and am trying to figure out whether it's really worth it to schedule a meeting at a Marriott property between now and then in order to go over the Gold threshold.

There are no of the $50-100 options in downtown Chicago (where I am) so it would be a bit expensive and/or inconvenient. However, we'll be there for eight nights (five paid, three award) and I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth it.

Regardless of stated program benefits, what would likely be the difference in experience at that particular hotel in terms of upgrades, early check-in availability and amenities?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:54 pm

I think the free breakfast would make it worth it for that long of a stay. Also the bonus points you get.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by sammyindc
I think the free breakfast would make it worth it for that long of a stay. Also the bonus points you get.
Would it be the full breakfast, or just the continental with breads, fruit and beverages?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Would it be the full breakfast, or just the continental with breads, fruit and beverages?
Full breakfast.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:15 pm

Will my traveling companion get it as well?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
41 nights so far this year (presumably including any rollover nights, credit card nights credits, etc.) + 5 paid nights from this stay = 46, still 4 short of Gold. Would the OP otherwise make Gold this year or not? If not, then calculate the benefits of Gold versus Silver status through February 2014.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.