Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Frankfurt, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2001, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier

Unfortunately, executive lounge in Frankfurt -- one of Marriott's finest -- is now closed on weekends. Property, however, is giving free breakfast buffet and drink coupon for Champions to PMs. I don't know if the perks are given to GMs or GMs. BTW, Kevin and Nik make some awesome drinks in Champions.
Old Dec 11, 2001, 3:44 pm
Original Member

They were giving a drink coupon for Champions and a breakfast coupon for each weekend day at the beginning of Nov (Gold).
Old Dec 21, 2002, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
winter FRA rate

noticed this special at Marriott MUC:

The Munich Marriott Hotel is located in Schwabing, an area of the city famous for shopping, dining and leisure activities.

Only 5 minutes from "Leopoldstrasse", the famous and beautiful shopping mile, the hotel is also in a fabulous location to experience many cultural diversions, including theatres, museums and art galleries.

Exclusive Member Offer*
EURO 95.00 per room, per night, available now through February 28, 2008 and includes an American buffet breakfast and welcome drink in the famous Champions Sports Bar

*Minimum 2-night stay is required and rate is valid Thursday through Sunday.

Rate is subject to availability at time of reservation. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations
To make an online reservation click "check availability" for the hotel below or alternatively, call the hotel directly on + 49 89 360 020 or your local reservations office and quote promotional code M11.

Munich Marriott Hotel >>
Check Availability >>
Promotion Code: M11

Terms and Conditions
Rates apply to 1 regular room per stay, per member, based on double occupancy on dates listed; rates not available during special events; tax is additional; special offers cannot be combined; blackout dates may apply; not applicable for group bookings; advance reservations required.

Not sure if everyone has seen the special rate but thought I'd post it just in case.
Old Dec 24, 2002, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
This code gets you 71.10 at Frankfurt Marriott, with lounge access! That's remarkable.

Bruce
Old Jan 8, 2003, 7:59 pm

Location: DFW, TX, USA - AA EXP, DL PM/MM, SPG PLT, MC/HH GLD
Seeking info on CY Frankfurt NWZ

Will be staying in the Frankfurt area for a week next month and was intrigued by the website description of this property (I've never seen a CY with a water slide!). Has anyone stayed there? Would appreciate a short trip report and description of the hotel.
Old Jan 9, 2003, 12:19 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
The Courtyard NWZ is a "pure hotel" without own restaurant or own gym or pool (but room service is available). The hotel is located in a shopping mall and has contracts with several restaurants and with "Titus Thermen" (a huge baths with sauna, gym, ...). You have to pay a (reduced) entrance fee for the baths (as far as I remember). You can see into the baths from some rooms in the Courtyard.

The hotel is quite nice with an excellent breakfast buffet. The size of the rooms is just ok (and as far as I remember there are also rooms with balcony - but I'm not sure if I confuse it with another hotel.)

A plus is the public transport: use underground "U1" to "Ginnheim" and exit at station "Nordwestzentrum" (= shopping mall). Only a few minutes to walk.

(A bit strange is the lift and the access to the lobby - but actually no big deal and some may even consider this as an improved security. The lobby is on the first floor: normally you enter on a lower floor where you have to ring at the door. The lift always stopps on the lobby level and you need you room card to unlock the floor in which you want to go. The whole ambience is rather "cold" with the lobby on a level where you normally don't enter the hotel.)

I'm going to add some pictures (during the next weekend) from my last stay.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 10:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
I'm going to add some pictures (during the next weekend) from my last stay.</font>
Courtyard Frankfurt NWZ
Old Jan 10, 2003, 8:13 pm

Location: DFW, TX, USA - AA EXP, DL PM/MM, SPG PLT, MC/HH GLD
Thanks LH738!
Old Feb 24, 2003, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Frankfurt Concierge Lounge

It's been a while since I stayed at the Frankfurt Marriott and am wondering if the concierge lounge is still open on the weekends. Anybody been there in the past few months? Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:50 pm

The lounge is closed during weekends. It opens again on Monday morning for breakfast.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Yes, that was true over Christmas/New Year's. Seems to be a permanent change.

Bruce
Old Mar 6, 2003, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Just returned from Frankfurt. Concierge lounge was open over the weekend fron 6 a.m. to midnight. Great "Fruhstuck" until 10:30 a.m. Nighttime service begins at 5:30 p.m. with a rather astounding array of cold deli foods and a great hot item. Beer, wine, and cocktails are complimentary. An att6endant told me that the lounge is closed on weekends only when hotel occupancy is exceptionally low. During times when attndant is not on duty, the lounge has non-alcoholic drinks, coffee, nuts, chips, and a sweet of some kind.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 2:20 am

happywanderer, thanks for the update.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 10:45 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Transport from FRA to Frankfurt Marriott and treatment of Silver

Thanks. Please advise on transport from FRA to Marriott Frankfurt. I've only done the taxi from FRA to Arabella Sheraton. Please also comment on travel time. Any recent comments on Hotel appreciated. Also as a lowly Silver what if anything can I expect as treatment at this Hotel? I am using a X14. Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The train from FRA to the main Frankfurt train station (Hauptbanhof) takes 15 minutes or so and costs very little. From the train station, you can take a #16 tram or a cab to Frankfurt Marriott -- or you can even walk if you don't have lots of luggage. It's roughly a kilometer.

I have no idea how the hotel will treat a Silver guest, but they've always treated me quite well. It's a good hotel.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.