Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Frankfurt, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Frankfurt, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum,Starwood Platinum,Priority Club Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,AA Exec Plat
If you're set on the Marriott it's a great property, but I am somewhat partial to the Le Meridien about a block away from the train station (if you can live with their relatively small rooms). You're within walking distance to many restaurants and tons of shopping venues (and the red light district if that's your cup of tea).
Old May 17, 2007, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How convenient is the Nordzentrum Courtyard to the airport and does the S-Bahn open at around 5am?
Old May 17, 2007, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
In my opinion, you would need a rental car to get there. It's quite a long way from the airport, and I have no idea how complicated the tram ride would be (or how many changes you would need to make).

Bruce
Old May 18, 2007, 6:15 am

http://www.rmv.de/auskunft/bin/jp/qu...90443&OK#focus ^
Old Jul 17, 2007, 7:00 am

Time to resurrect this and see what, if anything, has changed in three years...

So I have an awkward transfer at FRA coming up (arrival 11:50 AM from a redeye in Y, connecting flight at 10 PM) and am considering the Courtyard as a place to crash. I can get a room for 69 euros, which seems reasonable, and my plan is to hop on the shuttle, sleep for a few hours, maybe work out a bit, and then head back to the airport. As a Plat, I presume early check-in (1 PM-ish) won't be an issue.

Other options I considered were the "real" Marriott recommended above, which is giving me prices of ~200 euros; a day room at the airport Sheraton, which seems to cost 160+ euros; or bumming it in the LH Senator lounge reclining chairs, which is unlikely to result in decent sleep. Any opinions?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 7:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by jpatokal
Time to resurrect this and see what, if anything, has changed in three years...

So I have an awkward transfer at FRA coming up (arrival 11:50 AM from a redeye in Y, connecting flight at 10 PM) and am considering the Courtyard as a place to crash. I can get a room for 69 euros, which seems reasonable, and my plan is to hop on the shuttle, sleep for a few hours, maybe work out a bit, and then head back to the airport. As a Plat, I presume early check-in (1 PM-ish) won't be an issue.

Other options I considered were the "real" Marriott recommended above, which is giving me prices of ~200 euros; a day room at the airport Sheraton, which seems to cost 160+ euros; or bumming it in the LH Senator lounge reclining chairs, which is unlikely to result in decent sleep. Any opinions?
I used to live in Frankfurt, and I've used the Courtyard a good few times. It's really quite far from the messe. About 10 - 15 minutes by car. Near Mainzerlandstrasse. It's nice though.

The Raddisson is lovely don't know how much it cost though, last time I was there I stayed in a TRYP hotel right by the messe which was really cheap with nice rooms. I don't know if either of these do day rooms.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Those photos linked in the second post sure make the property look depressing, except for the views.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:05 am

Mini-report

Courtyard Frankfurt Messe review moved to blog: http://driftingclouds.net/2008/01/28...ankfurt-messe/

Last edited by jpatokal; Jul 27, 2015 at 7:43 pm
Old Feb 9, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Frankfurt Marriott Hotel

Does anyone have stay experience at this hotel? How easy is it to get to the airport or the train station?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by jlcchien
Does anyone have stay experience at this hotel? How easy is it to get to the airport or the train station?
I have a very limited experience with it. I scoped it out when in FRA two weeks ago as I have a reservation there in about 10 days. I can tell you it is quite handy from to the airport. From the airport it is 12 minutes with 2 stops to the central train station(via normal DB train). From the train station it is either a 20 - 22 minute walk or about 5 minutes tops by tram from in front of the train station (probably more than 1 but I know #16 stops right in front of the hotel). Also, you may get a better response in the German forum.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 6:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond BMI Silver
Its kind of funney that this thread got started because I was just about to post one because I will be there from Febuary 16-18 and was wondering if anyone had any new updates?
Old Feb 10, 2008, 5:56 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Closest tram stop to the Frankfurt Mariott is called "Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage" and its located just in front of the hotel. Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage is served by tram 16 (direction "Ginnheim") or tram 17 (direction "Rebstockbad"). Other option would be taking the "U4" to "Festhalle/Messe". As the tram stop is closer to the hotel and one doesnt have to cross busy roads i would suggest taking the tram. Both options should take approx. 40 minutes to take you from the airport to the hotel via the Main Station. Main Station can be reached by local, regional and long distance trains from the airport.

To plan your journey just enter "Frankfurt Airport" and "Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage" (=tram stop) or "Messe" (=U4) at the RMV query page to get detailed information.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jlcchien
As previous posts indicated, it is quite easy to get to hotel from airport. I made it in less than 30 minutes. This was what I did last May:
(1) Buy 1-Day Card for EUR 8.00 ( 1-Tageskarte) at FRA, Fraport AG, Hotel Reservation (Terminal 1: Arival hall B) counter.

(2) At FRA, take S-Bahn trains (S8 or S9) from the station in the basement of Terminal 1 to the main station Hauptbahnhof (approx. 11-12 min.). Single ticket was EUR 3.35 at that time.

After arrival at Bahnhof, go up to the main level and exit building through main entrance/exit doors. Cross street in front of the station to the opposite side, Take tram (#16 or #17) toward Festhalle/Messe direction, to the fourth stop (Ludwig Erhard Anlage, which is 1 right after Festhalle/Messe stop). You’re right in front of the hotel. If you have the Day Card, your ride on the tram is included. Still can use it all day long on subway, bus and tram!

For a report, please see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...iott+frankfurt
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I walked down there from the train station three weeks ago. Maybe all of a 15 minute walk? I have photos of the hotel exterior and what's around it in the Frankfurt section on my website.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:00 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Coincidence, i too was also looking for directions. I am going to be going there 2/25-2/27.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.