Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vienna (Wien), Austria

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vienna (Wien), Austria

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:23 pm

"Unavailable." This is a problem that I have been having at many of the Marriott properties over the last 3-4 months. In each case I did not have a platinum override option available to me. The property just shows up as "unavailable."

I called into the customer service center and was not treated very well.
(I have never had this kind of treatment by a marriott customer service rep before, I am totally stunned here.)

Just the other day I noticed that if I put in the dates of travel first, I am not presented with the properties that are "unavailable."

Unless you know the property exists, it wont show up at all. I guess thats one way of fixing the probem. Not a good way...

So Mr. Marriott, I know that you monitor this website...

Whats the deal?
Are you moving away from the Business Traveler? Or are you just removing a feature from your rewards program?

Regards,
Fritz1
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Courtyard Wien Messe (Vienna, Austria)

Just completed my first stay at the brand new Courtyard Wien Messe in Vienna, Austria. The lobby has the same sleek new design as for example the new Courtyard Hong Kong. There is a bar and a restaurant near the reception desk. Breakfast is served at the restaurant and the selection is very good for a Courtyard. Staff is mainly from Germany for some reason and they are well trained. My guess is that they were transfered in from other Marriott properties for the start-up phase. The downside of the hotel (for now) is the heavy construction that is going on in the area around the hotel. But most buildings are nearly completed so it shouldn't be a problem for long. The hotel is located right across the street from the exhibition grounds, so it's perfect for attending exhibitions there. There is also a new subway stop 3 walking minutes away and the city center can be reached within 15 minutes. Rooms are nice and functional, the missing shower door is a big downside for me. Other than that it's a good hotel if you happen to attend an exhibition in Vienna.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:21 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Wow, new hotel and they still put twin beds in it instead of double???
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond
Imperial Riding School Vienna, A Renaissance Hotel

Mrs. UkCatsHoopsFan and I are going to be staying at the Imperial Riding School Vienna this fall on a reward stay. Checking TripAdvisor, this seems to be a nice place. Can anyone give me any good insights about this hotel? Specifically, the Imperial Club. I am assuming this is the concierge lounge? It also looks like there are specific Imperial Club lounge rooms. Space permitting, would it be likely that we would be upgraded to an Imperial Room? (we are staying Sunday through Tuesday) Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2008, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
I am sorry that I can't help you with info but your question it certainly brought my attention to an interesting sounding Marriott. Please follow up if you have the time.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 8:53 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Enjoyed a 4 day stay at this property in the spring. My experience was very good and no concerns.

The Imperial Lounge is across the driveway in a separate building on the ground floor. The setting is new and the decor was very appealing. The lounge is open every day from, IIRC, 6:00 - 24:00 for soft drinks and water. Breakfast was continental with one hot item. Excellent hot and cold appetizers in the evening.

Beer, wine and mixed drinks were complimentary for the evening social hours. Desserts were available later in the evening. Lounge staff was very friendly and helpful.

As to upgrades, not sure what to expect. I believe there is a club level above the lounge, but I was not there. The room I stayed in was on the top floor and that was fine with me.

If you are using public transit in VIE, the hotel is between two trams stops (a block away in either direction) and about a mile away from the central rail station where you can catch an efficient direct train to the airport called the CAT.

Last edited by Melville; Aug 16, 2008 at 10:38 am
Old Aug 16, 2008, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Melville

If you are using public transit in VIE, the hotel is between two trams stops (a block away in either direction) and about a mile away from the central rail station where you can catch an efficient direct train to the airport called the CAT.
If I remember correctly there is a station very near to the Hotel where 1 can catch the slower train to the Airport. Slower train means instead of it being a non-stop it will make 6-7 stops of 1 min each

Both trains use the same set of tracks. Except the slow train costs 7 Euro less. And the CAT is newer and fancier. Idsave teh Euros and use the slow train. Coming from the Airport its the next to last stop

Overall the time difference from the Airport to the Mitte Wein stop is the CAT is 8 mins faster. So the slow train isnt really a slow train just slower by a few mins then the CAT
Old Aug 17, 2008, 6:14 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by craz
If I remember correctly there is a station very near to the Hotel where 1 can catch the slower train to the Airport. Slower train means instead of it being a non-stop it will make 6-7 stops of 1 min each

Both trains use the same set of tracks. Except the slow train costs 7 Euro less. And the CAT is newer and fancier. Idsave teh Euros and use the slow train. Coming from the Airport its the next to last stop

Overall the time difference from the Airport to the Mitte Wein stop is the CAT is 8 mins faster. So the slow train isnt really a slow train just slower by a few mins then the CAT
Don't have any experience with the "slower train".

Have only used the CAT (City Airport Train) and found it very convenient. IIRC, the cost of a return CAT ticket was 15 Euros and available for purchase online. With an early morning flight, checkin at the CAT station the night before is a very useful feature ... personal preference is for newer and fancier. Of course, YMMV.

Enjoy Vienna.

Last edited by Melville; Aug 17, 2008 at 6:31 am
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Melville
Don't have any experience with the "slower train".

Have only used the CAT (City Airport Train) and found it very convenient. IIRC, the cost of a return CAT ticket was 15 Euros and available for purchase online. With an early morning flight, checkin at the CAT station the night before is a very useful feature ... personal preference is for newer and fancier. Of course, YMMV.

Enjoy Vienna.
We were staying at the Hilton Stadpark which is a 2 min walk from the CAT teh 1st time. The 2nd time was the Ren.

Both times we used the so called slow train. Again the CAT even at 15 Euro r/t is 9 Euros more and Only saves 8 mins. Since the slow train is 24 mins Airport to Mitte Wein no real need for the nicer seating or trains of the CAT IMO

Especially if someone is staying at The Ren since as you posted its a 1mile to the CAT station, that has to make taking the CAT a longer trip time wise then catching the slow train at the station by the REN. The slow trains run twice an hour, Id suggest if anyone will be using it to go to teh station at least a day in advance and find out the times it leaves from there , same with the CAT its twice an hr.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Closest station to the REN is called "RENNWEG". Train to/from the airport is S7.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Any more reports on the property? The slow vs CAT has evolved into a 'to each their own', with pros/cons of each discussed When I've been in VIE I either stay at the Marriott or the Hilton, so am interested in learning more about this property for future visit(s).

Cheers.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Any more reports on the property? The slow vs CAT has evolved into a 'to each their own', with pros/cons of each discussed When I've been in VIE I either stay at the Marriott or the Hilton, so am interested in learning more about this property for future visit(s).

Cheers.
The best way to explain its location is ; if You walk out of The Marriott main entrance and are standing on the Ringstrasse. Cross the road and proceed thru the park (Stadpark) and from door to door was told its appx a 15 min walk.

The 1 thing I like is its Cat5 so the Visa free cert can beused there, unlike the Marriott which is a Cat6.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starbucks
Closest station to the REN is called "RENNWEG". Train to/from the airport is S7.

thanks for posting the info, was gonna get to it later when I was able to get the map so that I wouldnt post the wrong station name and train #
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by craz
The best way to explain its location is ; if You walk out of The Marriott main entrance and are standing on the Ringstrasse. Cross the road and proceed thru the park (Stadpark) and from door to door was told its appx a 15 min walk.

The 1 thing I like is its Cat5 so the Visa free cert can beused there, unlike the Marriott which is a Cat6.
Thanks! Good to know. Also nice having alternatives. Normally I just look at Marriott or Hilton Stadtpark.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:59 am

Programs: HH Silver
I like the hotel's previous name, Renaissance Penta Vienna Hotel, as the new one sound a little too horsey to me. I enjoyed my stay a few years back, though recall transportation to/from property was a minor issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.