Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Renaissance [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2023, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
The current destination fee ($30 as of 2 Sept 2023) includes, per night:
  • 1 draft beer
  • 1 old fashion
  • 1 dessert (e.g., cookies)
  • free wi-fi

Fulfillment comes in form of coupons for each item, and you can redeem as many as you want.
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Renaissance [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I need to look into this further.

But I think they've snuck the amenity/parking fee into my pre-existing reservation
Old May 6, 2017, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
I need to look into this further.

But I think they've snuck the amenity/parking fee into my pre-existing reservation
I just checked mine, but it looks like they changed things on the site and now it doesn't show the breakdown of the costs on your reservations. The page now shows options to change reservations. What happened and how do I go back to old way? Doesn't even have the print reservation.

Luckily I printed it when I made reservation and it states free parking.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

Luckily I printed it when I made reservation and it states free parking.
Make sure you bring the printed reservation confirmation with you, to dispute any fees.

Cheers.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Make sure you bring the printed reservation confirmation with you, to dispute any fees.

Cheers.
I always do. My husband thinks I'm crazy for printing when it's on the computer.

Here is one example when it's good I did.

As well as my Cosmo reservation.
Old May 7, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you were there last week, you were there during one of the biggest trade shows of the year in Vegas. The Ren is booked 100% w/ convention folk.
Just prior, hotel was at less than 60% occupancy per something I saw. Again, SPG people are going to have a major adjustment to the Marriott way of 1 category upgrades, if anything.
Old May 7, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Just prior, hotel was at less than 60% occupancy per something I saw. Again, SPG people are going to have a major adjustment to the Marriott way of 1 category upgrades, if anything.
Well from reports on the SPG forum, some SPG elites have similar problems w/ upgrades at SPG properties

But agree that if the property was 60% full, they should have upgraded more than to club level. The property has 30 suites. Did you ask for a suite at check-in/get declined, or just go w/ what they gave you? Granted one shouldn't have to ask, but many FTers have gotten suites by asking if not already assigned one. Given you were only there 1 night, your odds should have been good.

Cheers.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, United Mileage Plus Silver
I stayed at this property for one night on 10/14/17.The hotel had a classy boutique feel to it. I booked a standard king but I got upgraded to a strip-view room. Their concierge lounge had limited offerings for breakfast; some Fairfield Inn's I have stayed at had better breakfast offerings than this lounge. The FDC advised me that the lounge would not be key-accessible on weekends but he said I could grab a water or soda from the mini-mart. The 20.99/day "destination amenity fee" included parking, 2 cocktails in the bar, and 2 drip coffees in the morning. Even after adding the amenity fee to my rate, the total cost was still comparable to staying one night at other Marriott properties in the area that evening.

Overall, I had an alright experience at this property, however, I probably would not go out of my way to stay here in the future unless the rate+amenity fee was below what other Marriott Properties were charging. I definitely would not stay here if I did not have Marriott Gold.

Last edited by cuzbmw; Oct 23, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by cuzbmw
I stayed at this property for one night on 10/14/17.The hotel had a classy boutique feel to it. I booked a standard king but I got upgraded to a strip-view room. Their concierge lounge had limited offerings for breakfast; some Fairfield Inn's I have stayed at had better breakfast offerings than this lounge. The FDC advised me that the lounge would not be key-accessible on weekends but he said I could grab a water or soda from the mini-mart. The 20.99/day "destination amenity fee" included parking, 2 cocktails in the bar, and 2 drip coffees in the morning. Even after adding the amenity fee to my rate, the total cost was still comparable to staying one night at other Marriott properties in the area that evening.

Overall, I had an alright experience at this property, however, I probably would not go out of my way to stay here in the future unless the rate+amenity fee was below what other Marriott Properties were charging. I definitely would not stay here if I did not have Marriott Gold.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, cuzbmw !

Thanks for the report on the Renn.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Welcome to FlyerTalk, cuzbmw !

Thanks for the report on the Renn.
Thank you for the welcome! Been lurking for a while...finally decided it was time to contribute!
Sweet Willie and goodeats21 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:48 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
The FDC advised me that the lounge would not be key-accessible on weekends but he said I could grab a water or soda from the mini-mart. The 20.99/day "destination amenity fee" included parking, 2 cocktails in the bar, and 2 drip coffees in the morning. Even after adding the amenity fee to my rate, the total cost was still comparable to staying one night at other Marriott properties in the area that evening.
Just had a stay here this past weekend.

Still the $20.99 destination amenity fee cuzbmw mentions. I personally thought breakfast was fine, selection of 3 fresh fruits, breakfast sausage &/or bacon, scrambled eggs, decent salsa. Only complaint I had was no ice on hand, one morning a wonderful lounge attendant was able to get a cup of ice to me in a minute, next day after 15 minutes (asking after each 5 minute period, yes I was timing) no ice, finally same helpful lounge attendant started work & ice was again pronto.

Pool is a negative, despite the photography tricks on marriott.com, the pool and pool area is VERY small. At this time of year, there is no sun on the pool area from 2pm on. Pool area is surrounded by 4 walls, so not quiet.

Bed was so-so, rooms were mostly quiet.

Property is 100 yards from a monorail station (believe convention center stop).

Cab to/from Aria runs $13-16, Lyft was $8-10. Cab from airport was <$20 for two people.
agreed
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:14 am

The amenity fee at the Ren makes the LAS Marriott a better option, since the MAR doesn't have any fees. MAR doesn't have an exec lounge but it offers free full buffet brekkie or order off the menu to Gold/Plats & all the rooms are suites. And the MAR staff are some of the friendliest in the the entire MAR family.

Given the Ren's extremely close proximity to the South Hall of the LVCC my guess is they'll keep the amenity fee because they know the biz travelers will pay/expense it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by bdschobel
The ridiculous "amenity fee" makes this hotel a no-go for me. I wonder how much business they'll lose as a result of this kind of money-grubbing?

Bruce

They lost me.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Just had a stay here this past weekend.

Still the $20.99 destination amenity fee cuzbmw mentions. I personally thought breakfast was fine, selection of 3 fresh fruits, breakfast sausage &/or bacon, scrambled eggs, decent salsa. Only complaint I had was no ice on hand, one morning a wonderful lounge attendant was able to get a cup of ice to me in a minute, next day after 15 minutes (asking after each 5 minute period, yes I was timing) no ice, finally same helpful lounge attendant started work & ice was again pronto.

Pool is a negative, despite the photography tricks on marriott.com, the pool and pool area is VERY small. At this time of year, there is no sun on the pool area from 2pm on. Pool area is surrounded by 4 walls, so not quiet.

Bed was so-so, rooms were mostly quiet.

Property is 100 yards from a monorail station (believe convention center stop).

Cab to/from Aria runs $13-16, Lyft was $8-10. Cab from airport was <$20 for two people.
agreed
Sounds like they had better selections for breakfast when you stayed. When I stayed, the only fruit the lounge had were bananas and they ran out of muffins granted I did go in at around 9:15AM (lounge closed at 10) so maybe selection would have been better if I went earlier. No ice as well when I stayed but the lounge attendants were nice and worked hard to keep the lounge tidy.

Agreed that the pictures of the pool area on the website were deceiving; the pool was tiny.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Interesting. This property has been my go to location when in Vegas if available. Absolutely love it and the staff; never used the pool.

A quick check of Renaissance stays back to 2012 shows rates from $92 to $189. The rates from last year during InfoCOMM week (June 10-17) show the following for me as a PP:

Other Charges
• Complimentary on-site parking
• Complimentary valet parking

I can't find a single instance of being charged for a resort fee or parking fee. I usually rent a vehicle rather than taxi/Uber, also do not drink coffee nor alcohol.

One paid stay in Feb 2016 was a honeymoon for a friend. Like me they were upgraded to one of the suites and also received a complimentary champagne/wine and cheese basket. Reservation was made online and the credit card form was faxed over, so they knew that I wouldn't be there in person. No destination fees. Very classy by the hotel.

A week long pass on the monorail was about $20 and I normally use it to get to the Strip.

I went ahead and booked my reservation for next June and got this little tidbit:

Total taxes and fees Daily
Destination Amenity fee 20.99
Estimated government taxes and fees **.**

So if I use a taxi, am still PP or Plat (free Internet) and get complimentary lounge access I wonder if the hotel will waive these fees? Probably not but worth trying.

Last edited by Texas Booster; Nov 1, 2017 at 6:00 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I stayed at this hotel several years ago when there was no amenity fee. Back then, the concierge lounge had more hot food and smoked salmon for breakfast. The hotel seemed above average to me for service, but I would balk at paying the amenity fee since I don’t drink coffee or cocktails. I doubt they will let me take a bottle of decent wine in lieu of the two coffee drinks and two cocktails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.