Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2005, 9:56 am

Programs: United 1K
I've stayed at this hotel seven times and there is a wide variety of the size and comfort of the rooms I've stayed in.

Sometimes I've been able to snag a large beautiful corner room which might as well be a suite using Priceline at $55 per night.

No need to rent a car in San Francisco because everything is so easy to get to with public transporation.
Old May 29, 2005, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
The view from the bar is nice.

Try this garage for parking. It's around the corner.

I didn't see anything which would make me avoid or yearn to return. The steaks at Ruth's Chris were impressive. That's all I remember about the trip.

Pat
Old May 30, 2005, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
I have generally had good experiences at the SF Marriott. It _is_ a more business oriented hotel that just happens to be in a great tourist spot .

Check the parking rates at other hotels. SF parking is difficult anywhere in the city. If you really need a car then paying $46 to have a guaranteed spot is stiff but can be worth it. Hint: There are rental car facilities in the hotel and nearby. Rent just for day trips out of the city. You don't need a car in SF.

"Wired for business" includes all domestic phone calls as well as Internet so you can yak away while online and your cell phone recharges. Almost all full service Marriott properties charge for WFB. Elites don't get a break at those properties either.

After complaining about the charges for the other incidentals, you now want a mini bar Even _I_ won't pay mini bar prices. There are several places nearby you can stock up on snacks and sundries.
Old May 30, 2005, 10:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Nobody, Hertz Gold, Avis Select
Originally Posted by keeton
I have generally had good experiences at the SF Marriott. It _is_ a more business oriented hotel that just happens to be in a great tourist spot .

Check the parking rates at other hotels. SF parking is difficult anywhere in the city. If you really need a car then paying $46 to have a guaranteed spot is stiff but can be worth it. Hint: There are rental car facilities in the hotel and nearby. Rent just for day trips out of the city. You don't need a car in SF.
Yeah, I saw Hertz there but a bit late...after I drove there from the Airport...Live and learn...

"Wired for business" includes all domestic phone calls as well as Internet so you can yak away while online and your cell phone recharges. Almost all full service Marriott properties charge for WFB. Elites don't get a break at those properties either.
I know WFB is usually not comped for elites at other properties HOWEVER, last time I checked it was 10$, and it specifically says so in their printed directory. 3$ won't break my bank but it's more of an annoyance. And I wish it was comped for elites as it would be a nice perk to have. After all, if you give Marriott 75 (or more) nights a year, them trying to nickel a dime you can get annoying.

After complaining about the charges for the other incidentals, you now want a mini bar Even _I_ won't pay mini bar prices. There are several places nearby you can stock up on snacks and sundries.
I was more upset about the lack of a fridge than lack of a mini-bar. This prevented me from keeping my other booze cold!
Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I just spent the other night there.

The parking was $22 on the garage other side of the road. Very short walk to the hotel.

I got a low level room that looked simply tired. Also the air ventilation system outside was very noisy and could be a problem for a light sleeper.

The TV channel reception was so bad that I had to call technician trying to fix MSNBC. Sometimes CNN didn't work. The TV picture quality was worst that I have seen so far this year (more than 100 hotel nights).

After mentioning these two problems when checking out the Wired for Business charge was waived.

I also stayed at the IC Mark Hopkins and the Kimpton's Hotel Palomar during this trip and you really cannot compare the room that I had on Marriott on either of those two. Actually the RI where I am right now has a much nicer room.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
Ren Parc 55 San Francisco?

Any insight on this property? I'm there the first week of August. The location doesn't exactly scream class. Should I bring a sleeping bag? Am a Plat. How are we treated there? Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2005, 6:22 pm

Done a search?
Old Jul 14, 2005, 7:02 pm

Programs: United No Status Anymore, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Blue
It's actually in a decent location, especially if you've got tickets to a show (quick walk to all the theatres). We were there for a few days 3 years ago, and Mr GoCubs stays there fairly regularly on business. We had a beautiful room with an incredible view. The c-lounge is open on weekends as well, which is a huge bonus (plus it also has really nice views). We found the concierge to be very helpful with restaurant recommendations and reservations as well. We didn't eat there, so I don't have any insight into that. Hope this helps somewhat.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
It has become my SF property of choice _because_ of the location. You have almost front door access to all transporation: BART, Muni and even the cablecars. You are very close to Union Square if shopping is your thing. The only flaw with the location is that the back side is ajacent to the Tenderloin, which is a dicey neighborhood.

The rooms are decent and as a Platinum, I have managed to score a corner room now and then - even on an award stay. The Concierge Lounge was pretty good with a little better food selection than you get at your typical Ren or Marriott.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
I don't know how classy you want it to be, but I love this hotel and the location. It is so close to Union Square and I was very happy w/ all the rooms there. Only a lowly silver, so I don't have any insight on lounges and such.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 9:03 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I prefer the Parc 55 to the other Renaissance or the tall Marriott. Reasons have already been mentioned above. Location is prime!
Old Jul 15, 2005, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
I'm a MR Gold, not PLT and rarely do I see much of an upgrade. But I really liked this property for all the reasons above, AND they gave me a very nice high corner room. I would definitely stay there again.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 1:21 pm

I was happy staying at the Parc 55.

Backing up to the Tenderloin was the only concern. My colleagues and I took some walks in the direction opposite Union Square and its does get shady.

A lot of the visiting baseball teams stay there as well. So if the Giants are in town, you can get some autographs for the kiddies or to sell on EBay.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:24 pm

Stayed here this past Sun-Mon, and saw quite a few families in the lounge during breakfast.

BTW, one of the 30th-floor suites is being used now as the temporary lounge, until the renovation to the 18th floor lounge is completed (target date Aug '06 according to the attendant).

Based on the SF Marriott Suites Floor Plans, it's most likely the William Hammond Hall Suite that was converted.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the info. I have a reservation here for a weekend in mid-August. Reports on tripadvisor.com were good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.