Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Housekeeping fee

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Housekeeping fee

Well, for the first time I've come across a Marriott property charging a fee for housekeeping.

I'm aware of Starwood and other hotels charging such a fee (see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-services.html), but for Marriott this is new to me.

The hotel in question is the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, which charges the housekeeping fee in addition to a resort fee and bellman fee (even if you don't use the bellman).
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
What does it say with respect to fees on the reservation confirmation? Only the resort fee is showing up on the "rate details" / booking page.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
They must not disclose it until you arrive, but it is on all the rate quotes for a special event I am doing there. Hotel says it is charged to all rates, special or public.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Sep 21, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sounds like more garbage fees the hotel is forcing you to pay in order to collect additional revenue. I'd complain to corporate about that for them breaking out fees for everything.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
Sounds like more garbage fees the hotel is forcing you to pay in order to collect additional revenue. I'd complain to corporate about that for them breaking out fees for everything.
Especially if they don't disclose it when you're making the reservation.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Now they claim it's a "gratuity." Someone from Marriott must be lurking here.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
MR abandoned FT a few years ago and started their own, Marriott Insiders. If you want to contact them use MI or Twitter or post a review on Trip Advisors (that just might get the properties attention).
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:13 pm

i bet 100% they still read the board.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Mandatory gratuities for group events aren't new at all. All-encompassing gratuities at Marriott resorts aren't new, either: What is known today as the Grand Hotel Marriott Resort in Point Clear, AL, was doing this 25 years ago.

Group and event rates and structures are whatever one negotiates.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
For a regular (non group) rate, if the fee was not disclosed at booking, I would refuse to pay it. Just as resort fees need to be disclosed, so does this. If the property wouldn't take the charge off I would absolutely dispute with my credit card company.
dgreen12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.