Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Panama City, Panama, airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater

Staying here the night before an early am flight.

Is there anything to do around here for the evening? I wanted to return the car in the afternoon and then take the shuttle to the airport in the morning.

I know there is a mall close by but anything else?

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; Aug 1, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I stayed in PC in April once and it was fun to go to the beach and watch the drunks on Spring Break. There is an open air mall at the end of that strip IIRC. If it isn't going to cost you an extra day on the rental car (they usually default to a full day's charge after an hour or two), why not keep it and return in the evening?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:58 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joshua362
I stayed in PC in April once and it was fun to go to the beach and watch the drunks on Spring Break. There is an open air mall at the end of that strip IIRC. If it isn't going to cost you an extra day on the rental car (they usually default to a full day's charge after an hour or two), why not keep it and return in the evening?
Pier Park is what you are thinking of and as far as "malls" go it is a nice one to visit.

And I agree the OP should keep the car if possible. My favorite place to eat there is Hunt's Oyster Bar. It is a smallish hole-in-the-wall place but they have the best oysters I've ever had. ^ While the restaurant has been there for quite a while (decades), it has become more well known over the last few years and can get quite crowded at times now a days.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Is there anything to do around here for the evening?
There are lots to "do." I'm sure you'll be propositioned by any number of women in Panama City. It's really, really bad. Only place I've ever been harassed by ladies of the night.

In all seriousness, I'd consider staying in the city proper as the early morning drive to the airport is easy and relatively cheap with Uber.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.