Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, India [Master Thread]

Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT

Had anyone stayed there recently? I am planning a stay there on points and was was wondering the most important benefit of all -- breakfast !!

Will the hotel honor breakfast for golds? Is it in the lounge or the main breakfast area? Will have three people in my room.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
It's a resort so they don't have to provide breakfast to Gs or Ps.

Strange note on point redemptions that I haven't seen anywhere before - if point reservation not canceled 7-days prior to arrival total loss of points.

Originally Posted by anaggie
Had anyone stayed there recently? I am planning a stay there on points and was was wondering the most important benefit of all -- breakfast !!

Will the hotel honor breakfast for golds? Is it in the lounge or the main breakfast area? Will have three people in my room.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
The thread shows OPEN as to the lounge, but since it falls under a resort category, I was wondering if they offer the benefit to elites.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:12 pm

The thread shows OPEN as to the lounge, but since it falls under a resort category, I was wondering if they offer the benefit to elites.
It says it's a sort of lounge, but full breakfast (presumably in restaurant). The report was by an FTer (granted a few years ago), so at that time they were offering brekkie to elites. If you do stay there, please do a trip report so we'll have more current info.

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
I've never stayed here, but my parents have a house nearby so I use the gym at the Marriott when I'm visiting the folks. The sort-of-lounge used to be just a small bar next to the lobby with about 10-12 seating capacity. Comp drinks and snacks for Plats during happy hours, but I've had paid drinks there with a friend during that time and neither of us were staying there, so fair warning they allow all the riff-raff in. Comp coffee during the day here for Plats as well.

As of last year, full breakfast was complimentary in the restaurant. And they'll send a complimentary car to pick to you up at the airport or train station if you're Plat.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:40 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Savage25
I've never stayed here, but my parents have a house nearby so I use the gym at the Marriott when I'm visiting the folks. The sort-of-lounge used to be just a small bar next to the lobby with about 10-12 seating capacity. Comp drinks and snacks for Plats during happy hours, but I've had paid drinks there with a friend during that time and neither of us were staying there, so fair warning they allow all the riff-raff in. Comp coffee during the day here for Plats as well.

As of last year, full breakfast was complimentary in the restaurant. And they'll send a complimentary car to pick to you up at the airport or train station if you're Plat.
Thanks. That's very useful. I was debating between this property and my usual choice in Goa - the Grand Hyatt (which has a club with breakfast and evening cocktails). Any suggestions between how these two resports compare?

And whether Platinums at the Marriott would get an ocean view room upgrade if booked on points...
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: United MP, Qatar Privilege, Lufthansa
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Thanks. That's very useful. I was debating between this property and my usual choice in Goa - the Grand Hyatt (which has a club with breakfast and evening cocktails). Any suggestions between how these two resports compare?

And whether Platinums at the Marriott would get an ocean view room upgrade if booked on points...
The Goa Marriott is jaded now. Overpriced but doesn't deliver. It was excellent in its first 4-5 years. Take the Grand Hyatt.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AJLondon

The Grand Hyatt is much nicer - I stayed there last year as a Diamond with a DSU and would take it over the Marriott any day. I really liked the club and the outdoor areas at the Grand Hyatt, which is a proper resort and a beach you can actually walk on. And the indoor pool is really good for proper swimming while the outdoor pool is filled with kids.

The Marriott is not bad though, and I recommend it for people who need to be in town without the need to commute too far. It overlooks the mouth of the river, so not really any "ocean" view rooms. The "beach" is really the bank of the river and is mostly rocky with a small strip of sand at low tide. The seafood restaurant is excellent, and its easier to get to the better restaurants in town from the Marriott, while at the Hyatt you're mostly restricted to eating on property unless you take an expensive ride with the taxi mafia.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I will be going to Goa and am considering staying at the Marriott or Le Meridien. Has anyone been to both properties who can comment on which to choose. I couldn't even find a thread on LM! Does it have a lounge?

TIA
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I will be going to Goa and am considering staying at the Marriott or Le Meridien. Has anyone been to both properties who can comment on which to choose. I couldn't even find a thread on LM! Does it have a lounge?

TIA
AFAIK neither has an exec lounge. I updated India recently for the exec lounge sticky. There is a report above a few years ago that the MAR has a 'sort-of' lounge, but no idea if that's still the case.

Cheers.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:17 am

TIA
Can't imagine why anyone would go to Goa and stay at the LM. Its on a busy road and nowhere near the beach.

I booked my sister and her husband on points at the Marriott last Christmas. They got my Plat benefits - free breakfast at the restaurant, evening cocktails at their AZ.U.R lounge which doubles as a cafe in the daytime (free tea, coffee, soft drinks) or at the small outdoor lobby bar, 20% discount on F&B, 40% discount off one massage treatment at the Quan Spa.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Can't imagine why anyone would go to Goa and stay at the LM. Its on a busy road and nowhere near the beach.

I booked my sister and her husband on points at the Marriott last Christmas. They got my Plat benefits - free breakfast at the restaurant, evening cocktails at their AZ.U.R lounge which doubles as a cafe in the daytime (free tea, coffee, soft drinks) or at the small outdoor lobby bar, 20% discount on F&B, 40% discount off one massage treatment at the Quan Spa.
I’ve never been. Thanks for that tip. What about Marriott vs W?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:55 am

I’ve never been. Thanks for that tip. What about Marriott vs W?

W > Grand Hyatt > Whatever the Park Hyatt is going to be rebranded as now that its been bought by ITC > Marriott > ....... > LM.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:48 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
W > Grand Hyatt > Whatever the Park Hyatt is going to be rebranded as now that its been bought by ITC > Marriott > ....... > LM.
According to this link: https://www.itchotels.in/brands/the-...ollection.html

...the former Park Hyatt is being relaunched as ITC Grand Resort & Spa Goa, with an opening on November 1st and under The Luxury Collection flag. More options for us!

khabah

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.