Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Lounge is on the fifth floor.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM

I'm going to stay there in as couple weeks in a deluxe room. Any chance of an upgrade for a lowly gold?
Old May 31, 2015, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
So I stayed at the JW Marriott Hong Kong

The service was top notch. The rooms were nice enough, very clean. Then the over attentiveness got a little creepy. The maid folded my clothes and lined my shoes, they even folded the clothes that were in my suitcase. I mean that is some top notch service, but they did it twice in one day after I went back to the room to change from the heat. Would probably stay there again, but I'll remember to turn on the DND light.
Old May 31, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by hiima
The service was top notch. The rooms were nice enough, very clean. Then the over attentiveness got a little creepy. The maid folded my clothes and lined my shoes, they even folded the clothes that were in my suitcase. I mean that is some top notch service, but they did it twice in one day after I went back to the room to change from the heat. Would probably stay there again, but I'll remember to turn on the DND light.
This matches my experience. Great views too !
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Yes they did that at the park hyatts in China as well although I never had them go into my suitcase to file stuff. I'm half tempted to dump everything into middle of floor the night before my flight so they will do my packing for me rofl. I'm actually staying at this property tomorrow so hoping for an upgrade as gold.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by HMPS
This matches my experience. Great views too !
Same here. Fantastic hotel, easy access to the train too.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Review

So I ended up staying here for one night in hong kong after my original flight got rescheduled and I had to scramble to come back to hong kong a day earlier and find accommodations. In comparison I also stayed at Conrad Hong Kong and the Grand Hyatt. I have gold status. First the room. I got upgraded to a harbor view which was nice, but the room was very small. My rooms at the other two hotels were a bit larger but the view was best here. The bed was good. Easy access to the subway station which is a major plus.I called guest services to see if housekeeping was coming by my room again or if I should pickup around the room if they had already made the rounds (wouldn't have mattered to me I just wanted to know if they were still on their rounds or not so I could clean up if need be). Guest services quickly sent housekeeping to my room.

What I felt really set the JW above the other two properties though was the lounge. The staff was very attentive. Throughout the day there are different things going on in the lounge such as breakfast, afternoon tea, cocktail hours, late night snacks. The view from the lounge was decent (of the harbor) although the edge would go to the conrad lounge in terms of harbor view. What I found amazing though was the staff, especially the people in the lounge. All spoke fluent english (and some had no trace of an accent at all even though they were hong kong natives). One girl I offhandledly asked where would be a good area to go at night while avoiding the heavily touristed areas. She insisted on running off and getting a map and coming back to show me the best spots to go.

On the elevator another staff member made conversation with me and upon finding out about my flight out that day warned me of an impending typhoon (which i had only been vaguely aware of) and went and confirmed that my flight was still operating as scheduled (there is a concierge in the lounge) and they took my email so they could notify me if my flight was delayed/cancelled even after my checkout. They then asked if I wanted a later checkout and quickly arranged it all from the lounge in under a minute.

During the cocktail hour there are available spirits/beer/wines and if your wine glass is empty they are quick to collect it from the table and ask if you would like another.

Finally the food was great as well. The snacks were all good with a variety of candy/cookies/fruit. The breakfast was amazing with a woman who would make you waffles/pancakes or poached eggs. Scrambled eggs and numerous other types of breakfast food/drink were available buffet style.

I didn't see the gym so can't comment on that. I looked at the pool briefly and it appeared to be fairly small but I didn't use it. The concierge was well staffed in the lobby and I never had to wait in line like I did at some other hotels in hong kong. Was given an excellent dim sum recommendation. In summary given the hotel location right next to subway and that the airport express shuttle stops at this hotel I would recommend this property. In terms of lounge service and offerings I have to say its the best I have experienced for a hotel and would be worth booking an executive room if you don't have status.

Last edited by Red259; Jul 10, 2015 at 1:19 am
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This would creep me out. I do not want any maid/housekeeper/valet to go into my suitcase unless I explicitly request that someone unpack for me. I've never had this happen to me, including in top hotels in Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Japan, Korea, etc. I would have complained.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
How would I get from the new JW Macau to this hotel?

I believe I need to somehow get from the JW Macau to the Macau Taipa Ferry Terminal and then take the ferry to Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal. Then somehow get from that ferry terminal to the JW Hong Kong. Are these short trips best accomplished by taxi? There will be two of us with luggage.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
How would I get from the new JW Macau to this hotel?

I believe I need to somehow get from the JW Macau to the Macau Taipa Ferry Terminal and then take the ferry to Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal. Then somehow get from that ferry terminal to the JW Hong Kong. Are these short trips best accomplished by taxi? There will be two of us with luggage.
Absolutely, yes.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Are these short trips best accomplished by taxi? There will be two of us with luggage.
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Absolutely, yes.
Yeah there's really no other way to get from the ferry terminal to the JW Hong Kong that doesn't involve way too much walking. And taxis in Hong Kong are cheap. There's a queue right in front of the terminal.

I believe the JW Macau provides airport shuttle service. You should look into that. It can be extremely difficult to get a taxi.

And be forewarned that the Macau terminal is a pit with very long immigration lines both inbound and outbound. Taking a day trip from HKG to Macau was one of the worst travel ideas I've ever had.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I believe the JW Macau provides airport shuttle service. You should look into that. It can be extremely difficult to get a taxi.
Yes. The Galaxy resort complex (which the JW is part of) has free shuttles to many places. They have buses to both ferry terminals in Macau and I'll be taking one later today. Most of these buses have 20 minutes of free wifi on-board too.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

And be forewarned that the Macau terminal is a pit with very long immigration lines both inbound and outbound. Taking a day trip from HKG to Macau was one of the worst travel ideas I've ever had.
I wouldn't recommend a day trip on a weekend or holiday but a weekday is very doable. Macau is quite an experience and worth the trip, IMHO.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I wouldn't mind her folding the stuff laying around but then don't like them going through the luggage. That should never, ever happen.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:29 am

And be forewarned that the Macau terminal is a pit with very long immigration lines both inbound and outbound.
We checked out of JW Macau at 1:28, walked to free Galaxy shuttle bus, bought tickets and went through immigration (1 person in front of us) and were on the ferry to HK at 2:00. Ferry left the pier at 2:02 and arrived at HK Island just after 3:00.

They sold us tix on the 2:30 ferry, but after we got through immigration they waved us over to the 2:00 boat. It was nearly empty.

In HK there were zero people in line in front of us also. That goes for the taxi as well. HK$38 to get from ferry terminal to the JW hotel.

Harbor view room on 30th floor using points for 5-night stay. A bit of a let down after the Executive Suite in Macau.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

We checked out of JW Macau at 1:28, walked to free Galaxy shuttle bus, bought tickets and went through immigration (1 person in front of us) and were on the ferry to HK at 2:00. Ferry left the pier at 2:02 and arrived at HK Island just after 3:00.

They sold us tix on the 2:30 ferry, but after we got through immigration they waved us over to the 2:00 boat. It was nearly empty.

In HK there were zero people in line in front of us also. That goes for the taxi as well. HK$38 to get from ferry terminal to the JW hotel.

Harbor view room on 30th floor using points for 5-night stay. A bit of a let down after the Executive Suite in Macau.
Macau everything is spacious, brand spanking new. Hard to compete with the that in HK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.