Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MVCI Imperial Palm/World Center Hotel Orlando transportation options?

Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

There will be 6 of us.

Ideally we should use one rental vehicle - but those with 6 or more seaters are much more expensive than 5 seaters (or we get 2 different vehicles). What are the cheapest ways of renting 1 (or 2) vehicles, that can accomodate 6 people.

If we do not rent a vehicle - is there any economical way to go back and forth between the resort (we will be staying at the MVCI resort) and WDW? What about the Premium outlet mall? Going on International Drive?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
A few years back 6 of us (essentially all adults 16+) flew into MCO and stayed at the TS side of the World Center Hotel Orlando. IIRC, a got a minivan or SUV from National at no extra cost, as they let you take almost any car off the lot. It was tight with all the luggage but we fit ok. I was lamenting about turning down a convertible offered due to my status!

A week later Hurricane Irene hit NY and our return flights were cancelled with no availability for days. So we had to drive it some 1000 miles straight through. That was a bit cramped but we made it.

I reckon I am saying is to look at National and swipe a minivan at a normal rate. They are usually over populated with them on the lots.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well the world center provides a shuttle to Disney, but I'm not sure if you are able to take advantage of that while staying at the MVCI portion since you have to sign up ahead for it.

I'd say give the imperial palms a call and see if they have a shuttle service.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:11 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rylan
Well the world center provides a shuttle to Disney, but I'm not sure if you are able to take advantage of that while staying at the MVCI portion since you have to sign up ahead for it.
It has been a few years since I last stayed at the Imperial Palms (using an award cert), but back then we were able to use the shuttle service. But I will state that having your own car which provides a bit more "freedom" in your coming and goings was much better for us even if you have to pay for parking.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
For transportation, you might want to get an Uber from the airport. Starting July 1 they can pickup and it is super cheap, even for Uber XL. Then decide if you want to rent or not. I have been able to get a good rate at the local Hertz but it might be easier just to Uber everywhere. That way you can avoid parking fees at the parks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.