Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
When it should post:
  • The stay bonus should post with each stay on which you earn it.
  • The brand bonus does not post with each stay, and according to what we've heard will likely not post until some time after the promo ends.

What kind of stays count:
  • Only stays on which you normally earn Marriott points count.
  • Award stays (including cash + points stays) do not count.
  • Third-party stays on which you don't earn Marriott points do not count.
================================================

MegaBonus®
Go ahead, earn endlessly: Get 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay and an additional 2,000 points for each new brand you stay with.

See Details:
  • Register by August 30, 2017
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between May 27 and September 4, 2017
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay.
  • Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
    • The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with.
    • The brand challenge is limited to the number of available participating brands.
Book direct to get our lowest rates worldwide. When you’re ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Participating Brands (17) (from Terms & Conditions (which differs from promo logo graphic of 18)):
  1. EDITION®
  2. JW Marriott®
  3. Autograph Collection® Hotels
  4. Renaissance® Hotels
  5. Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  6. Delta Hotels
  7. Marriott Vacation Club®
  8. Gaylord Hotels®
  9. AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  10. Courtyard by Marriott®
  11. Residence Inn by Marriott®
  12. SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  13. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  14. TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
  15. Protea Hotels
  16. Moxy
  17. The Ritz-Carlton®
or in alphabetical order:
  • AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  • Autograph Collection® Hotels
  • Courtyard by Marriott®
  • Delta Hotels
  • EDITION®
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  • Gaylord Hotels®
  • JW Marriott®
  • Marriott Vacation Club®
  • Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  • Moxy
  • Protea Hotels
  • Renaissance® Hotels
  • Residence Inn by Marriott®
  • SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  • The Ritz-Carlton®
  • TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
Ineligible Brands/Stays: (from T's & C's)
  • Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
  • Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit toward this promotion and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Anyone know when the next promo usually occurs?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Usually the middle of May.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by HurricaneSonic
Probably after the IT department figures out how to fix the disaster that was their last promotion.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Maybe September, if Arne still believes properties have no trouble filling rooms.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz 1CG, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by txpenny
Probably after the IT department figures out how to fix the disaster that was their last promotion.
What happened in the last one? I thought it went pretty well. Scored about 30k bonus points.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:16 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by rafalojc
What happened in the last one? I thought it went pretty well. Scored about 30k bonus points.
Massive delay in posting points...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by rafalojc
For many of us, the system melted down sometime in early April. Maybe a coincidence, but my guess is it had something to do with the end of the spring promotion. My stays and redeemable points are posting correctly again, however my LT points have not changed since 3.31.17 - 18 Marriott nights ago for me.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
This is an example of where a lack of a promotion is changing where I stay. The Diamond Triple Bonus at Hilton puts my earnings there way ahead of Marriott so that's where I'm staying and if I get the lowest promotion again like I always seem to do, then I'll max it out and switch back again.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Usually the middle of May.
Perhaps usually over the long run, but not either of the past two years.

Originally Posted by HurricaneSonic
There is no 'usually" about it any more. While it was mid-May for a long time before that, two years ago (2015) there was no summer promo at all:
and last year (2016) it didn't start until June 1 and it wasn't "discovered" that there would actulally be one that year until May 23:
Because there hadn't been a summer promo at all in 2015, and because mid-May had come and gone with no mention of a summer promo, people weren't sure as of May 22 whether there would be a summer promo in 2016 or not.

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 30, 2017 at 4:09 pm
Old May 1, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bergamini
This is an example of where a lack of a promotion is changing where I stay. The Diamond Triple Bonus at Hilton puts my earnings there way ahead of Marriott so that's where I'm staying and if I get the lowest promotion again like I always seem to do, then I'll max it out and switch back again.
Same here. I booked a 63 night stay at a Homewood Suites because of this Hilton bonus and RI's low points per dollar.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Perhaps usually over the long run, but not either of the past two years.
You're right. It was May 15 for a gazillion years so I had that locked in my mind. I forgot 2015/2016 were different. So yeah, there is no 'usual' anymore.

Cheers.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
IHG's summer promo is rolling out. I got an email today about the next Accelerate promo, starting May 15. Right now with both them and Hilton offering clear promos I'm having a tough time choosing Marriott for bookings later this month.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Must admit, I'm torn...

No summer Promo = less earning potential.

Stay elsewhere = won't make LTP this year

Decisions, decisions....
Old May 2, 2017, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
IHG's summer promo is rolling out. I got an email today about the next Accelerate promo, starting May 15. Right now with both them and Hilton offering clear promos I'm having a tough time choosing Marriott for bookings later this month.
SPG forum has a thread where a lot of SPG folk are going w/ Hilton for the promo.

Originally Posted by Wickersley
Must admit, I'm torn...

No summer Promo = less earning potential.

Stay elsewhere = won't make LTP this year

Decisions, decisions....
Go for LTP so you'll have it before the programs formally merge. Take the short-term hit for the long-term gain.

Cheers.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
This is almost exactly my situation as well. Lack of a promotion combined with Hilton's double/triple is absolutely influencing my bookings. I really hope Marriott/Starwood announce something soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.