Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
When it should post:
  • The stay bonus should post with each stay on which you earn it.
  • The brand bonus does not post with each stay, and according to what we've heard will likely not post until some time after the promo ends.

What kind of stays count:
  • Only stays on which you normally earn Marriott points count.
  • Award stays (including cash + points stays) do not count.
  • Third-party stays on which you don't earn Marriott points do not count.
================================================

MegaBonus®
Go ahead, earn endlessly: Get 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay and an additional 2,000 points for each new brand you stay with.

See Details:
  • Register by August 30, 2017
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between May 27 and September 4, 2017
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay.
  • Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
    • The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with.
    • The brand challenge is limited to the number of available participating brands.
Book direct to get our lowest rates worldwide. When you’re ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Participating Brands (17) (from Terms & Conditions (which differs from promo logo graphic of 18)):
  1. EDITION®
  2. JW Marriott®
  3. Autograph Collection® Hotels
  4. Renaissance® Hotels
  5. Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  6. Delta Hotels
  7. Marriott Vacation Club®
  8. Gaylord Hotels®
  9. AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  10. Courtyard by Marriott®
  11. Residence Inn by Marriott®
  12. SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  13. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  14. TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
  15. Protea Hotels
  16. Moxy
  17. The Ritz-Carlton®
or in alphabetical order:
  • AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  • Autograph Collection® Hotels
  • Courtyard by Marriott®
  • Delta Hotels
  • EDITION®
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  • Gaylord Hotels®
  • JW Marriott®
  • Marriott Vacation Club®
  • Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  • Moxy
  • Protea Hotels
  • Renaissance® Hotels
  • Residence Inn by Marriott®
  • SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  • The Ritz-Carlton®
  • TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
Ineligible Brands/Stays: (from T's & C's)
  • Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
  • Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit toward this promotion and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
Print Wikipost

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 3:53 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
link ?

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotionCentral.mi
Old May 15, 2017, 6:39 am

Here's mine:

Go ahead, earn endlessly: Get 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay and an additional 2,000 points for each new brand you stay with.
See Details

Register by August 30, 2017
Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between May 27 and September 4, 2017
Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay.
Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with.
The brand challenge is limited to the number of available participating brands.

Book direct to get our lowest rates worldwide. When you’re ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, that means 36k max that you can get with different brands, if the first stay doesn't count.

It's weird that they didn't mention the maximum cap that you can get the MR points, so you can get (108-1)*2000 = 214k MR points, if you hop every stay from now towards the end of summer.

If there's something missing, let me know.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Got the same offer as well. Doesn't seem like there is a cap on points for stays.
Has anyone received a different offer?
Old May 15, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
When I log in I have "No new promotions." Either it's a staggered rollout or it is targeted.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LPCJr
When I log in I have "No new promotions." Either it's a staggered rollout or it is targeted.
Or, like in previous promo cycles, Marriott IT misses some people for no known reason. (It's too early to figure out whether that's going to happen with this promo, but it has happened in every previous promo, where some people had to call to find out their promo and get registered.)
Old May 15, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Or, like in previous promo cycles, Marriott IT misses some people for no known reason. (It's too early to figure out whether that's going to happen with this promo, but it has happened in every previous promo, where some people had to call to find out their promo and get registered.)
rocks for me too....guess I will wait a couple of days then call

of course I have two stays before then (and none after at the moment)....UGG
Old May 15, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
See Details

Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between May 27 and September 4, 2017
Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with.
I got the same promo. Quite interesting, already signed up.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Want a multi-night-friendly promo? Head over to SPG!

And for all of those who hate the fact that this is promo is per stay (and thus gives nothing extra on multi-night stays), the SPG promo is exactly the opposite: It gives nothing at all for one-night stays, and gives double points on all stays of two nights or more (triple if there's a Friday or Saturday in the stay):
Old May 15, 2017, 8:46 am

As of right now I did not receive a promo. Wondering if there will be multiple versions or if as others have pointed out sometimes people are just missed and you have to call in to get it fixed.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And for all of those who hate the fact that this is promo is per stay (and thus gives nothing extra on multi-night stays), the SPG promo is exactly the opposite: It gives nothing at all for one-night stays, and gives double points on all stays of two nights or more (triple if there's a Friday or Saturday in the stay):
And on that thread you will find those who hate the fact that the SPG promo requires multi-night stays
Old May 15, 2017, 9:55 am

I have an upcoming stay May 26-May 29. Will this count as my first stay, or will it not count as I am checking in before May 27?

Thanks
Old May 15, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Clarification, please: although no bonus points awarded, does the first stay during the promo period count to set the "brand"? If so, does that mean that one never gets a brand-credit for that one - or the brand-credit is awarded on the next stay there?
Old May 15, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Same promo as everyone else so far posted: Get 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay and an additional 2,000 points for each new brand you stay with.

Reminds me more of the badge collection effort that they keep track of on your Activity page - except a little more earning friendly than 25 points after 2 stays at a hotel brand.

With this promo (Summer 2017), would have been nice if MR had increased the Brand Explorer badge earning - 250 points is not terribly meaningful.

David
Old May 15, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
PP, same promo here:

MegaBonus®
See Details

Too bad my 40+ nights are all >3 nights per stay... and no similar priced hotel near each other for me to jump around
Old May 15, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Clarification, please: although no bonus points awarded, does the first stay during the promo period count to set the "brand"? If so, does that mean that one never gets a brand-credit for that one - or the brand-credit is awarded on the next stay there?
That's the way I read it. My first stay is an Autograph collection. I assume that if I go back to an Autograph I won't get a brand-credit. I will get one for my first stay at Marriott and am thinking of changing one Marriott stay to Courtyard just to pick up the extra 2,000.

I don't travel a lot any more so I think 4 brands is all I can hit on this one (Autograph, Marriott, Courtyard, Fairfield)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.