Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
When it should post:
  • The stay bonus should post with each stay on which you earn it.
  • The brand bonus does not post with each stay, and according to what we've heard will likely not post until some time after the promo ends.

What kind of stays count:
  • Only stays on which you normally earn Marriott points count.
  • Award stays (including cash + points stays) do not count.
  • Third-party stays on which you don't earn Marriott points do not count.
================================================

MegaBonus®
Go ahead, earn endlessly: Get 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay and an additional 2,000 points for each new brand you stay with.

See Details:
  • Register by August 30, 2017
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between May 27 and September 4, 2017
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay.
  • Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand.
    • The first stay establishes the first brand. Member will earn bonus points for every additional brand they stay with.
    • The brand challenge is limited to the number of available participating brands.
Book direct to get our lowest rates worldwide. When you’re ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Participating Brands (17) (from Terms & Conditions (which differs from promo logo graphic of 18)):
  1. EDITION®
  2. JW Marriott®
  3. Autograph Collection® Hotels
  4. Renaissance® Hotels
  5. Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  6. Delta Hotels
  7. Marriott Vacation Club®
  8. Gaylord Hotels®
  9. AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  10. Courtyard by Marriott®
  11. Residence Inn by Marriott®
  12. SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  13. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  14. TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
  15. Protea Hotels
  16. Moxy
  17. The Ritz-Carlton®
or in alphabetical order:
  • AC Hotels by MarriottSM
  • Autograph Collection® Hotels
  • Courtyard by Marriott®
  • Delta Hotels
  • EDITION®
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®
  • Gaylord Hotels®
  • JW Marriott®
  • Marriott Vacation Club®
  • Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
  • Moxy
  • Protea Hotels
  • Renaissance® Hotels
  • Residence Inn by Marriott®
  • SpringHill Suites by Marriott®
  • The Ritz-Carlton®
  • TownePlace Suites by Marriott®
Ineligible Brands/Stays: (from T's & C's)
  • Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
  • Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit toward this promotion and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
Print Wikipost

MegaBonus Summer 2017 (5/27/17-9/4/17)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pokee
I had the same experience staying at the Courtyard in Bellevue. Must be a Bellevue thing...
Well, I had the experience (drove up and down the street a couple times before I found it) with the TownePlace Metairie (near MSY [New Orleans] airport), so it's not just Bellevue.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
How many individual Marriott properties that you hadn't stayed at before did you book and stay at simply because of this promotion?

How many different eligible Marriott brands did you stay at during the promotion?
Did you end up staying at any non-Marriott properties? Any challenges in doing so (or not doing so)?

Yes. Traveling with my boss who is a Hilton guy and had to log a few more nights to keep gold.

Did you end up earning any new brand badges?

5 brand badge and a Marriott badge. Didn't know what these were, and still don't but appreciate the few sheckles they dropped on me for no reason! :-)

Did you receive any room upgrades? If so, how many?

1 at a Residence Inn.

Given the number of separate number of check-ins and check-outs, how many room card keys did you accumulate that you didn't simply drop off at back at any given front desk?

Zero. I always drop mine off.
What was your most interesting stay?

Residence Inn Tampa...given a HUGE 2 bedroom suite...even though I only stayed for about 7 hours!

What stay did you regret the most (and why)?

None. Saw several properties that I will use again. It does confirm my bias against Full Service Marriott Hotels being bland and having very little personality.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:27 am

5 different brands -- that's a lot for me
2 new badges --- Marriott and Explorer
1 non-Marriott stay
several upgrades
0 key cards --- people keep these?
0 regrets --- some properties nicer than others, as expected
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
  1. How many individual Marriott properties that you hadn't stayed at before did you book and stay at simply because of this promotion?
    Hard to quantify, but likely a dozen or more
  2. How many different eligible Marriott brands did you stay at during the promotion? 12
  3. Did you end up staying at any non-Marriott properties? Any challenges in doing so (or not doing so)?SPG for all stays of 2+ nights
  4. Did you end up earning any new brand badges?Ritz and TownPlace Suites
  5. Did you receive any room upgrades? If so, how many?In general Marriott was far less likely to give suite upgrades, but usually a concierge floor or equivalent. JW Downtown Houston was the exception, more often than not I was upgraded to a larger room or suite.
  6. Given the number of separate number of check-ins and check-outs, how many room card keys did you accumulate that you didn't simply drop off at back at any given front desk?I don't keep these
  7. What was your most interesting stay?MOXY Tempe,
    very interesting brand. I will stay again as the brand expands to more cities
  8. What stay did you regret the most (and why)?One week,
    I jumped around to 4 different hotels, was logistically more challenging than I thought it would be

Overall results:
24,000 Bonus Points for 12 brands
48,000 Bonus Points for 24 Stays
72,000 Bonus Points total for ~30 Nights

Also earned ~16,500 SPG points for their concurrent promo

Last edited by scracer14; Sep 11, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Has anyone had the brand bonus post yet, or have any sense of how much longer that's expected to take?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm not expecting it until the end of the month.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:48 pm

Did the brand bonus post for anyone yet? I am still waiting on mine
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Still nada here.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Maybe they're trying to get the points to show via the new and "improved" marriott.com...

David
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
Nope. Also no unlocking offers from two stays. I’ve switched back to SPG.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation brand bonus will post 2nd or 3rd week of October per Marriott

Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
Has anyone had the brand bonus post yet, or have any sense of how much longer that's expected to take?
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'm not expecting it until the end of the month.
Per this post in the newer promo's thread, Marriott15 was told by Marriott that:

"With the Summer brand bonus the different brand part of the promotion will be posted the second or 3rd week of October."
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
[QUOTE=DELee;28789966]While we all await Marriott's staff to manually total up the brand bonuses we each are due, I wanted to ask the following questions of my FT family:
  1. How many individual Marriott properties that you hadn't stayed at before did you book and stay at simply because of this promotion?
    One: Delta Hotel
  2. How many different eligible Marriott brands did you stay at during the promotion?
  3. Did you end up staying at any non-Marriott properties? Any challenges in doing so (or not doing so)?
    Yes. Best Western. I was in Middle-of-Nowhere, France. Perfectly fine. Don't know what is meant by a "challenge," though.
  4. Did you end up earning any new brand badges?
    "10-Brand Explorer Badge" for 75 points = An annoyance because it takes up an account activity line on the "improved" site that already is painfully slow to load activity.
  5. Did you receive any room upgrades? If so, how many?
    Yes. In 12 out of 15 separate stays.
  6. Given the number of separate number of check-ins and check-outs, how many room card keys did you accumulate that you didn't simply drop off at back at any given front desk?
    None. Well, maybe a couple that I kept by mistake and tossed out later.
  7. What was your most interesting stay?
    Rotterdam Marriott. Great property; great location; great staff; great breakfast. Great.
  8. What stay did you regret the most (and why)?
    TownePlace Suites. The chance of earning 4,000 bonus points on a cheap rate on a one-nighter business trip made me do it. Just to play the game. It's not the Place, or even the Towne. It's the TownePlace. Brand just doesn't do it for me.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Between zero and one. I had never stayed at any of the MSY area hotels, but I chose TownePlace over Fairfield because of this promotion.
  2. How many different eligible Marriott brands did you stay at during the promotion?
    4 (FS Marriott, Fairfield, Courtyard, and TownePlace)
  3. Did you end up staying at any non-Marriott properties? Any challenges in doing so (or not doing so)?
    Yes, as always. Though I average 160+ hotel nights a year, I'm on my own dime and budget conscious, plus I traveled to places where there were no Marriott properties. So I stayed with Choice, Best Western, Wyndham Rewards, Hilton, Club Carlson, La Quinta too.
  4. Did you end up earning any new brand badges?
    Yes, one for TownePlace (which I don't stay at most years, so the one stay this summer combined with one stay a couple years ago to earn the badge)
  5. Did you receive any room upgrades? If so, how many?
    Yes, but I'm not sure how many, because I don't keep track of such stuff (especially since only a fraction of my stays are at FS properties)
  6. Given the number of separate number of check-ins and check-outs, how many room card keys did you accumulate that you didn't simply drop off at back at any given front desk?
    None. I'm extremely used to hotel hopping, because it's only way to max out bonuses in Choice, Best Western, La Quinta, Club Carlson this cycle, etc, etc.
  7. What was your most interesting stay?
    No such thing. All of the properties except one TownePlace were ones I'd been to before.
  8. What stay did you regret the most (and why)?
    None. The only problem I had with the one TownePlace I stayed was that the signage was hard to find from the direction I was coming. This was the TownePlace closest to MSY airport.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Per this post in the newer promo's thread, Marriott15 was told by Marriott that:

"With the Summer brand bonus the different brand part of the promotion will be posted the second or 3rd week of October."
Ugghhhh....that's almost a 2 month wait for those to post after the promo ended...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pokee
Ugghhhh....that's almost a 2 month wait for those to post after the promo ended...
Correct as the promo's T&C states 6-8 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.