Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Springhill Suites Jackson Hole Wyoming [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-jackson-hole/

Opening May 2017. Cat 7.

"Springhill Suites by Marriott Jackson Hole is centrally located in historic downtown Jackson Hole, Wyoming making all downtown has to offer only footsteps from our front door. We are located 15 min south of the Jackson Hole Airport and Grand Teton National Park, furthermore we are 1 hour and 15 min from the south entrance of Yellowstone National Park. Our modern lobby, pool, hot tub, and workout facilities makes us a rejuvenating home base for your daily adventures. In the winter, Jackson Hole sparkles. We are minutes from downtown shopping, ice skating in the square, or taking a magical sleigh ride through the Elk Refuge. We are footsteps from our local ski hill Snow King, where skiing and tubing are offered. Want a little more of a challenge? We offer complimentary shuttle service to the famous Jackson Hole Mountain Resort for world class skiing.In the summer the activities are endless."
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Looks like about $1000/night during the August eclipse time frame with a four night min. (That's a plat override.)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:19 am
Original Poster

I would hazard a guess that a lot of properties near prime eclipse viewing will be pricey during the eclipse. Having said that, I expect this one to be expensive all year round given the location (although not $1K/night expensive).

Cheers.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I would hazard a guess that a lot of properties near prime eclipse viewing will be pricey during the eclipse.
Actually, it's worse than that. At many locations in the West in or in some cases even near the eclipse path, all hotels (that were open months ago) are already sold out. Whether they're sold out to real people (individually or in groups), or by speculators, that I don't know. But a check of Jackson WY a month or two ago showed no hotels available at all the night before the eclipse. (The eclipse is in the morning, at least in the West, and thus the night before is the most critical one.)

The path it takes through the West (not going through any towns bigger than Salem OR or Jackson WY), there's not a great supply of hotels, and so it's easier for them to sell out. The eclipse path also goes through the Nashville area, but that has such a big supply of hotels, it's harder to sell out.

And science magazine Discover made a big deal of Grand Teton NP as a viewing location (selling a package there), which put more pressure onto Jackson WY than even what it would have gotten "naturally" had people looked at the eclipse path themselves.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
The Four Seasons JH is about 3000 night with a five night minimum. We scored two rooms on points at the Fairfield Afton. Have to drive about two hours that morning for prime viewing but that's ok. Rooms there were 650 per night.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Look forward to the first trip report on the SHS once it opens.

Cheers.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lt Plt, Hyatt Plt, AA Gold, UA, Avis
Staying at this SpringHill Suites in mid July 2017 on points with the family. Hope it fits the bill. At CAT 7, it better be good!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by bowtiejunkie
At CAT 7, it better be good!
I suspect you'll have a similar experience to ours at the Homewood Suites Jackson Hole. It's a wildly inflated level because of demand, not because it's an aspirational property.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I suspect you'll have a similar experience to ours at the Homewood Suites Jackson Hole. It's a wildly inflated level because of demand, not because it's an aspirational property.
Agree.

But look forward to the first trip report.

Cheers.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:36 am
Original Poster

This article has images of the property. Expected to open between May 5-15, 2017.

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/b...f30e153be.html

Here's image of sitting area of lobby (other sitting area faces street/windows):

Also, image of king bed room:

Image of double queen room:

Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Any trip reports yet?

Cheers.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I didn't stay there, but stayed at another SHS the other night with the same room design and furnishings. Had a king bed which was comfortable. Other than that, the rest of the room furnishings had the appearance and comfort of furniture bought on clearance from Kmart.

The sofa was harder than normal and desk chair looked like it wouldn't last till the end of the year. There was no normal upholstered chair (a 'comfy' chair as I am given to calling them). The television was poorly placed (couldn't see it well from the bed or the sitting area). The bathroom had a translucent 'barn door' which woke everyone if used overnight. Also, the sliding glass panels on the desk rattled whenever anyone walked by. had to stuff towels into panel spaces to stop that from waking people.

If I have any future SHS stays, I will be closely checking their website to avoid staying in a room like this again.
KRSW likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Quick review of a recent stay. Five nights on points in September 2019. Loved pretty much everything about this hotel except the sub-par free breakfast. Perhaps I was spoiled after staying at an Element the two nights previous, but the quality of the food here was poor compared to the free breakfast at the Element. Eggs were inedible, quality of other food was average to poor, the buffet area was a mess, and the breakfast area itself was too cramped - always overcrowded except very early in the morning. We ended up going to the market a block away for breakfast the last three days. Good coffee though. Otherwise, a great stay - very pleasant room, I found the furnishings to be higher quality than the previous poster (they are provided through a joint venture with West Elm), the room was fresh and clean, nice outdoor pool and hot tub, free parking in the underground garage, excellent location (three mins walk from town square) and friendly staff. Would stay here again for sure, knowing I'd have to tack on a few bucks daily to buy breakfast elsewhere.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Any more recent stays? Am considering a stay in 2021....
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:57 pm

I'm surprised that there's no discussion about this property for over 2+ years (esp during pandemic/Covid and uptick in domestic travels). Any recent stays? I'm thinking about staying here (with tweens) for about a week this summer. First visit to YP and Grand Tetons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.