Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Irvine California [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-hotel-irvine/

Category 5. Opening March 2017.

"Centrally located in Park Place – Irvine’s most affluent live, stay, play and work campus, the AC Hotel Irvine immerses you in the local experience through its art, contemporary style and relaxed atmosphere.

The AC Hotel Irvine features 176 tastefully appointed, spacious guest rooms, intuitive service, and a variety of stellar dining options to help you make the most of your stay. Wake up to a beautiful breakfast spread in our AC Kitchen then reflect on a successful day in our AC Lounge with tapas-inspired small plates and handcrafted cocktails. Conveniently located next to the lobby, San Diego's award-winning fast-casual eatery Puesto arrives at AC Hotel Irvine with its signature, Mexican-inspired dishes."

Parking
On-site parking, fee: 18 USD daily
Off-site parking, fee: 18 USD daily
Electric car charging stations : 2 , Complimentary
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Property now open.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Does Platinum get free breakfast?

Also - Parking fee is now $20/day, and no airport shuttle.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cova
Does Platinum get free breakfast?

Also - Parking fee is now $20/day, and no airport shuttle.
No info specific to this property, but there is no breakfast benefit at AC's.

Most full service properties in OC will charge for parking. $20 is low end of the scale.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
For Gold Elite and Platinum Elite guests, Marriott Rewards' Lounge Access/Free Breakfast benefit applies only to five brands -- and then only to properties that are not classified as resorts. (There are more details and exclusions in the terms & conditions.)

JW Marriott
Autograph Collection
Renaissance
Marriott Hotels
Delta Hotels

There are a few other brands in Marriott Rewards that provide breakfast to all guests regardless of Rewards status.

SringHill Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Residence Inn
TownePlace Suites

Of Marriott's 19 brands that are not in SPG, 10 brands do not provide the Lounge Access/Free Breakfast benefit to Gold/Platinum Elite members or complimentary self-service breakfast to all guests.

Individual hotels can offer breakfast-inclusive rates. And individual hotels can offer Elite benefits above and beyond the published benefits.

But, under normal circumstances, don't plan on free breakfast at AC Hotels.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Has anyone stayed yet?

I'm visiting a relative in Newport Beach, and wanted to burn a cat 1-5 cert. The choices are this hotel and the Residence Inn Newport Beach at Cat 5, Courtyard Costa Mesa and Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley.

I live not all that far away from Newport Beach but just far enough that I don't want to drive home after dinner.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Stay there & do a trip report! It would be our first one.

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:39 am

No free Bfast for Platinum members. They do offer a $10 credit (for the whole stay) that you can use towards breakfast. Parking is $20 dollars, but for my visit, they waived the fee since I was a plat, but I don't think is standard. Parking at the hotel is limited and usually would have to park in the garage across the street.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Have only stayed there once just to try it(i usually stay at the airport Marriott). It is very AC like but that is not necessarily a bad thing. The parking is a bit of an issue. There are a few slots right in front of the hotel but, as said in a previous post, you are likely to end up in the garage next door. Its not too bad of a hike, but its not what I would call close or attached. I joked that they should put a walkway to one of the upper floors so you don't have to cross that side street.

There is a small shopping area across the street with a few restaurants, shops etc. I'm a Wahoos fish taco guy so that's where i ended up. Houstons is good too. All are within decent walking distance.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:13 am

I live in the area, so my review is based off of location rather than the inside of the hotel. It's a great location. The adjacent restaurants are very nice, Houston's doesn't charge a corkage fee and North has great Italian food.

It located close to South Coast Plaza, an upscale shopping area. Also close to Balboa Island-a fun place to walk around, Fashion Island, another upscale outdoor shopping plaza and central to so many things in Orange County.

This hotel is a steal for someone who is not looking for a resort but rather a place to sleep at night. I looked at the prices around Christmas time and it was so inexpensive!

True, there are hotels closer to Disney, if that's your thing, but those are over run with tourist and it's crazy in the part of Anaheim. Lots of older hotels and people everywhere.

For some good unique hipster foodie spots (and 3rd wave coffee) check out Costa Mesa. Our favorites at the moment are Kit Coffee , 2145 Pizza, VACA and Pueblo.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
No info specific to this property, but there is no breakfast benefit at AC's.

Most full service properties in OC will charge for parking. $20 is low end of the scale.
I wouldn't say that's accurate for OC. I think you may have meant in that part of the OC (nearer the airport), where parking is at a premium.

In Anaheim / Garden Grove the parking rates are typically a few bucks lower, actually, and in some cases there is easy free street parking a block or two away if you're only staying the night and leaving early enough (before street cleaning parking restrictions start). There tends to be no such easy free street parking within walking distance nearer the airport, though.

Nice to see, though, that one Plat got parking comped at this hotel. It will be interesting to see if that's a pattern or an exception.

Last edited by sdsearch; Oct 8, 2017 at 10:32 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by janaleigh
I live in the area, so my review is based off of location rather than the inside of the hotel. It's a great location. The adjacent restaurants are very nice, Houston's doesn't charge a corkage fee and North has great Italian food.

It located close to South Coast Plaza, an upscale shopping area. Also close to Balboa Island-a fun place to walk around, Fashion Island, another upscale outdoor shopping plaza and central to so many things in Orange County.

This hotel is a steal for someone who is not looking for a resort but rather a place to sleep at night. I looked at the prices around Christmas time and it was so inexpensive!

True, there are hotels closer to Disney, if that's your thing, but those are over run with tourist and it's crazy in the part of Anaheim. Lots of older hotels and people everywhere.

For some good unique hipster foodie spots (and 3rd wave coffee) check out Costa Mesa. Our favorites at the moment are Kit Coffee , 2145 Pizza, VACA and Pueblo.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:51 pm

I've not stayed at this hotel, but have been around it many times and watched as it was being constructed. There is a little shopping plaza across the road from the hotel which includes a favorite restaurant of mine, North Italia. If you're at this hotel and your schedule permits, check it out. It is great for an early/late lunch, and I always look forward to eating there.

Other local gems which are great for various things:
Portola Coffee (original store) in Costa Mesa;
Restaurant Marin in Costa Mesa (great for a late breakfast, always wise to have a reservation, as they have a small number of tables).
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I wouldn't say that's accurate for OC. I think you may have meant in that part of the OC (nearer the airport), where parking is at a premium.
Yes, the only part of OC I ever visit is Newport/Irvine.

Although charging for parking at suburban properties is one of those creeping evils that's showing up everywhere.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:27 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Stayed here back in September. Wasn't really impressed. Felt like it was trying way, way too hard to be some sort of "European chic"... Specifically:

• Lobby had unpleasant piped in smell, sort of like the smell of an Abercrombie & Fitch when you walk by it at the mall
  • Breakfast was unbalanced, basically meat and pastries - very elegantly presented but not really enough of the right variety for my tastes
  • Room was cramped; don't think I got an upgrade as a Gold and the room felt narrow
Not necessarily a bad stay but not on the top of my list in the area. Also, it's around a 30 min walk from the airport and it was a nice night, so I gave it a try. Would not recommend. The street lighting isn't great and there are an incredible number of roaches everywhere on all the sidewalks. Really unsettling and was enough to make sure I had a high floor room once I got there.

On the positive side, the restaurant next door (Panini Kabob Grill) had a great breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.