Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Madison Downtown - Wisconsin [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ison-downtown/

Opening May 2017. No category listed yet.

"Just steps away from the fun and bustle of downtown Madison and the Capitol Square, AC Hotel Madison Downtown offers you the perfect spot to wind down and take in the vibrant city. Prepare for your day with breakfast at AC Kitchen, where you'll enjoy signature baked croissants, artisan cured meats, sweet & savory egg tarts and Nespresso Coffee. Indulge our unique tapas and innovative cocktails at our AC Lounge. Enjoy breathtaking views of Madison from the rooftop restaurant & bar - Eno Vino Wine Bar & Bistro"

Parking
On-site parking, fee: 2 USD hourly, 20 USD daily
Valet parking, fee: 20 USD daily
Off-site parking, fee: 2 USD hourly, 26 USD daily
All on site parking is Valet only.

Property Details
10 floors , 159 rooms , 6 suites
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this a new build or a reflagging? From the dates, I would guess new build.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Category 5.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this a new build or a reflagging? From the dates, I would guess new build.
New construction.

There used to be a single-story tire store on that site.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Bookable starting June 8, 2017 - subject to change, and listed for May opening as Sharon noted. Cat 5 seems pretty good for being located right on the Capitol Loop.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
It'll be nice to have an option right in the Capitol area instead of being on the far east or west side of Madison.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Tried to check in at 2 AM and nobody was at desk. Had to get the guy restocking the bar to get someone. That was after I figured out how to get into the building, because the main door was locked. Me and another guy stood outside 5 minutes before I found a side door to walk through.

No mention of Plat benefits, but there was a card inside with my room key that said I got a $10 credit PER STAY to use toward food & beverages.

The lobby does have an odor, but not that bad.

3 elevators are fast. I got put up in a handicapped room. Very large, fake wood floor, only one simple desk chair and one other chair in the corner, view of a government building (7th floor).

Housekeeping neglected me one day because I came back to my room for 45 minutes and put the DND sign out.

Location is good. Great view from the gym on 9th floor.

New & modern. No closet door. My pants dragged on the floor when hung, because the bar is too low. I had to iron the last 3" of my slacks each day.

Mini-refrigerator is cold. TV on wall is not adjustable. 2 USB outlets on either side of bed + 2 more at desk. Poor lighting throughout. AC works great. Bed a little too soft for my liking, but I like a very firm bed.

Integral bathtub/shower. Shower and sink drained well.

Ironing board is this miniature thing that stands about 4" off the ground/desktop and is only 2.5' long...just big enough to iron the last 3" of my slacks!
I recommend the Tipsy Cow. Good beer & good food, good service at a fair price.

Downtown Madison is pretty nice and pedestrian friendly. I think the Uber fare from airport was only $13.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm surprised that a new AC like that would have bathtubs?

​​​​​​It is, indeed, $10 per stay. However, I think that that becomes a per day credit in August?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:02 pm

What's the breakfast situation here for plats? Trying to decide between this hotel (better location) and Sheraton for an upcoming stay.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Au Marriott Ti Hilton C
Last time I was there it was $10 per day. They have a decent breakfast spread and a great location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.