Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Vienna Airport, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zebranz
"To get to the hotel from the terminal, just go to the green city-train corridor, and instead of turning left and down to the platforms, keep on walking straight through the long tunnel with moving walkways. The end of the tunnel exit is by the hotel."

Clearly marked with signs to follow. Takes 7 minutes or so. All under cover in case of weather.

Suggest check in on line- they will have all paperwork done- only takes 2 minutes for them to pull form and sign.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ienna-airport/

Category 3. Opening March 2017.

"The new MOXY Vienna Airport is top directly located to the Vienna Airport and the city center of Vienna is reachable in 16 minutes."
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Well, I guess my search to find someone who has stayed at this place isn't going to go well.

I'm probably staying here at the end of April and will update then.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
A Marriott.com, reservations for MOXY Vienna Airport begin March 20, 2017.

So it's not surprising that there are no reviews yet.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Marriott press release:

http://news.marriott.com/2017/04/mox...brant-capital/

"Moxy Hotels, Marriott International’s experiential hotel brand, continues its expansion in Europe with the launch of Moxy Vienna Airport, the brand’s first hotel in Austria. Conveniently located at Vienna airport and only a 15-minute train journey from the city centre."

Cheers.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Made a future booking, but reading some of the reviews on Marriott.com, negatives appear to be - Heat or A/C issues - room too hot, airport noise, and some customers (young groups) are noisy.

But looks funky and fun place to stay. Welcome comments from FT'ers that stay at the VIE MOXY.
Old May 5, 2017, 1:56 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
I was there in April. Staff was great, room was decent for the price we paid. Nothing fancy but close to the airport and convenient.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MoreMiles!
I was there in April. Staff was great, room was decent for the price we paid. Nothing fancy but close to the airport and convenient.
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:27 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Pleasure, I think you'll like it
Old May 10, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Just completed a one night stay before an early morning flight last week. My overall thoughts:

- a short walk from the terminal. If you are familiar with how to get to the rental car center then you keep walking along the underground corridor past the rental car center to get to the hotel.
- check-in was a complete MESS! It took me close to 20 minutes to check in at 9:45pm.
- I speak German and I was surprised that the agent asked me to speak English...she was clearly eastern European and I assume English worked better for her.
- Lively lobby which could be a good or bad thing depending on what you like.
- Received an upgrade to a suite but was annoyed that the suite was set up as as a handicap room. Unsure if all suites are like this but the annoying part was that the door opened automatically when you swiped the card and it opened ALL the way and took forever to close. Forcing the door closed was difficult and clearly not desired as there was a sign to please not do this. If I were a woman traveling alone and standing there with an open door it might make me feel uncomfortable.
- Room was nicely decorated but even the suite was small.
- Mattress was horrible... one of the worst I have slept on in any budget hotel! I also did not like the pillows!
- I was on the 5th floor and the room windows faced the inside of the U shaped building. When I opened the windows I could smell a very heavy smell of cigarette smoke coming in from the outside . I am unsure if maybe the staff smoked below but being 5 floors up you would think the smell would not be as noticeable.
- Bed is a sort of mattress on box base setup and there were lights under the bed. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get them to turn off when I wanted to go to bed. Tried every switch and finally gave up....only to find out that they went off automatically after a couple of minutes. When trying to figure out how to turn off the lights I thought I would call downstairs and ask but there is no phone in the room.
- Room cleanliness left a lot to be desired. Glass bedside table were full of streaks and smudges.
- Check out at 4:30am was more efficient and quick....again the guy seemed to prefer English over German.

In summation, the concept did not impress and as a longtime Starwood loyalist I much prefer the Aloft concept even thought that has room for improvement. Would I stay there again? For the sake of convenience I would but only if I had an early morning flight.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the detailed trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
After the collapse of BA IT this weekend I needed a hotel near Vienna airport so having previously stayed at the NH and with the mega bonus promo thought Id give it a try.

Check in was slow, I had only minutes earlier booked online. So thats ok

Room was OK small

No beverage making facilities in the room.

Many people buying microwave meals in the lobby-bar area, no cooked menu

Not allowed to start a tab, drinks paid for when served.

Beer choice poor

On checking out and leaving the building no trolleys for luggage I have two cases I had to use a trolley to cart my stuff there, they have no trolley station. So if you take one, then its likely gone in the morning..
There are some at the car rental return area 5 mins away..

Substitute P for M and its about that...
Old May 28, 2017, 7:37 pm

I was there in April as well. I liked the hotel very much. I wished there was a restaurant, but everything else was great.
Apparently there are signs pointing to the hotel, but I missed them, and walked outside through the parking lot, and on the street.
To get to the hotel from the terminal, just go to the green city-train corridor, and instead of turning left and down to the platforms, keep on walking straight through the long tunnel with moving walkways. The end of the tunnel exit is by the hotel.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Had an overnight (positioning for an ex-EU) at VIE a couple nights ago, so stayed here. As a millenial...this place (and I suppose Moxy in general? This was my first time with the brand) tries WAY too hard. The concept screams "designed for millenials by a 50-something whose only interaction with a millenial is his/her 20something son/daughter who he/she doesn't understand." I would have liked a phone in the room...or a way to turn off that dang under-bed light manually...or a desk...or even just a laundry bag for my gym clothes! I generally like Alofts, but Moxy (or at least this one) screams "Aloft gone horribly wrong."

Room was also quite warm. Had to sleep on top of the covers. Bed was pretty uncomfortable.

Location is great though. If positioning for another ex-VIE at some point I'd stay here, as the convenience is unbeatable, but I can't think of any other reason to stay here.
concordian likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I am totally okay if Marriott gets rid of this brand and makes them into alofts...

Rasheed
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:34 pm

Do Marriott Platinums get free breakfast at this hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.