Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SpringHill Suites Springdale Zion National Park - UT [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...national-park/

Category 7. Opening February 2017.

"Set back from the main road, nestled along the banks of the Virgin River, the hotel offers easy access to Zion National Park, local restaurants and art galleries.

Located one mile from Zion's gate and a short distance from Bryce Canyon, the Grand Canyon North Rim, Lake Powell, Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park and Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, our hotel is centrally located to explore everything southern Utah has to offer. Enjoy our outdoor pool and hot tub with amazing canyon views, splash pad, several balconies, patios and fireplaces."
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
My family and I were just talking about going to Zion as well! This is great. Some random nights in July of this year are hovering near the 300/night area. Points it is!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Property open. Rates still high, so as mentioned good use of points.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

We spent a night here and thought it was a pleasant property. It's in the middle of Springdale and has a pretty setting overlooking a small pond and wooded area. I used a Suite Upgrade to move from our award night into a full suite. I was underwhelmed by it, primarily due to the lack of furniture in the living room It had a sofa bed, a desk, and a TV - but no end table or coffee table or chair. Most of the room was empty space. It had a long corridor between the living room and the bedroom with a microwave, under counter refrigerator, sink, and coffee pot.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We spent a night here and thought it was a pleasant property. It's in the middle of Springdale and has a pretty setting overlooking a small pond and wooded area. I used a Suite Upgrade to move from our award night into a full suite. I was underwhelmed by it, primarily due to the lack of furniture in the living room It had a sofa bed, a desk, and a TV - but no end table or coffee table or chair. Most of the room was empty space. It had a long corridor between the living room and the bedroom with a microwave, under counter refrigerator, sink, and coffee pot.
I stayed here in April right before they closed down Zion for the first time. I really liked the regular rooms and that modern feel of a Springhill with its industrial look.

The location is superb and unrivaled by the friendly staff that I met. Springdale has some excellent food options for sure.
SanDiego1K and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regular rates were >700 last labor day and stayed in 300-400 range most weekends since summer. Not a bad place to burn points from that prospective however HIX next door is better priced at 35k ihg pts.
Also there are many options in St George 40 min away.
Overal imo marriott properties near parks are way overpriced on points relative to other chains.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

good details!

kind of funny when springhill suites is $700, amangiri rates no longer seem as crazy
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:52 am

Stayed two nights on points in August. Am a Platinum so was upgraded to a nice suite. The hotel was great....room was clean, good toiletries and beds were nice. The breakfasts were good, considering Covid protocols, though there was more selection the first morning. It is relatively expensive but I would absolutely stay there again.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Stayed for 2 nights over the Christmas. It was a great experience overall. 220+tax for 1 bedroom suite are not a bad deal over the Christmas. Make sure you keep track of the price, It was originally 400+, much much higher than other properties around, then about 1.5 month out it dropped to 300+, then about 3 weeks out it dropped again.. The hotel was nice, clean, spacious and new, and the breakfast in the lobby with a great view was such a treat. The pool was under maintenance so we are unable to use it.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I've been here multiple times, most recently this past Thursday night. Solid property, although I have to say that the water is very soft which makes washing off soap really annoying.

Also, if you intend on charging an EV, you most likely will prefer to be in the main building. They have 6 chargers that I've never seen full (max 3/6), although I've also never stayed during the high season or a sold-out night.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 8:13 am

Programs: Free Agent
March stay.
Beautiful grounds even 'off season'. Pool closed but hot tub open.
Buffet breakfast had minimal options compared to other SpringHill Suites (St George UT previous week)
We find the trundle bed/couch to be massively uncomfortable for sitting.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 12:38 am

I want to get an idea about the late checkout situation here. Sorry I’m usually a Hyatt guy so am unfamiliar with Marriott. I’m Gold Elite per Platinum card.

What do you think the chances are of getting the late checkout on a Sunday here? Also, is it all or nothing, 2pm or 11am? Or do I have a better chance of getting something like 1pm?

My schedule calls for me to be out until ~12.30pm from a morning hike. I can get a 2pm checkout for sure from the Hyatt in St.George. But that is really a long ways away from Zion to make the extra round trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.