Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Haikou Hotel - Haikou, Hainan China [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-haikou-hotel/

Category 2. Opening March 2017. No info on rooms or exec lounge on property website yet.

"The Renaissance Haikou serves as a crossroads where serenity meets timeless style and sophistication. Located atMission Hills Centreville, the new international entertainment complex in Haikou, it is a fully integrated resort boasting 287 elegant rooms and suites. Enrich your palate with an all-day selection of local tastes and treats, including global favorites you’ve grown to love. Food Studio, a modern all-day dining restaurant, serves up authentic East-meets-West dishes, while the next-door China Baking Company, a traditional Hong Kong bakery disguised as a cafe, serves up scrumptious indulgences with a side of buzz. The sophisticated R Bar offers a comfortably chic ambience with convenience, connectivity and cocktails."

272 rooms , 15 suites
Free parking
Free wifi in rooms & public areas
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Now opening May 2017.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Anyone stayed here yet? Says lounge is open every day 6 - midnight. Non-alcoholic beverages.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

From an update in the exec lounge sticky:

"I remember people asking about the lounge in this hotel a while back. Yes, there are the usually hard liquor, red and white wines, and local beers.
The lounge opens 7 days a week from 2:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
2:30 pm - 5:30 pm: Afternoon tea, light snacks, sweets, and local fruits are provided.
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Happy hours, 4 to 5 entries, pizza, bread, and a variety of cheeses are provided.
7:30 pm -9:30 pm: Drinks remain available along with nuts, cookies, and fruits.
24-hour accessible with keycard for coffee, water, soda, and fruits.
This is one of the better lounges I have been to."

Presumably breakfast is in the restaurant since the lounge is open aft/eve.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I just stayed two nights at this property. I am a Platinum Premiere Elite as is one co-worker, the other just made Platinum Premiere. We all booked the Golf Course view rooms, which turned out to be a wise decision. The other side of the hotel faces a mall that plays loud music outdoors on and off throughout the day so the golf course side tends to have a little more serenity. Total of 19 floors, with the lounge on the 18th floor. We were all upgraded to a suite at check-in. The hotel was pretty full with a conference going on.

The hotel is connected to the Ritz Carlton and shares a single fitness center, spa, and pool with the Ritz.

The evening happy hour is okay. The food selection includes salad fixings, pizza, and hot dishes. There is dessert, fruit, and cheese as well. They have wine, champagne, beer, and a selection of liquor. The beer is only Hainan beer and they only chill about 6 bottles it seems.

The gym has a reasonable selection of weight machines, free weights, and exercise machines.

Breakfast is downstairs and if you are a westerner it is pretty disappointing. The hotel really caters to the Chinese crowd and mostly has dishes that Asians prefer. Most Marriott properties in Asia know to have eggs, hash browns, sautéed mushrooms, bacon, sausage, etc for their western clientele. This property has some of that, but falls well short of the standard set by some of the better Courtyards in Shanghai.

In terms of nearby and convenience there is the mall across the street. It has an outlet for about every shoe brand you can think of and a Teddy Bear museum along with a Burger King, Pizza Hut, German Restaurant, and a number of Chinese restaurants. It seemed kind of dead to be honest.

The area is a master development known as Mission Hills and is well removed from Haikou itself. The good part is it's only 20-25 minutes to the airport, but it's a good 20-30 minutes from Haikou proper.

If I was there for longer I would probably choose to go further in to try the Marriott or Sheraton next time.

Last edited by Typhoonpilot; Jan 12, 2019 at 6:52 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.