Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Twelve Midtown, Autograph Collection, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...antic-station/

Category 6. Open May 2017.

Situated in Atlantic Station, Atlanta’s premier live, work, play community, and minutes from everything the city has to offer.

Property is currently under renovation and will become Autograph Collection in May 2017. TWELVE is the premier all-suite boutique hotel in the heart of ATLANTIC STATION, where you will find fantastic shopping, legendary dining and great entertainment options right outside the door.

Its chic, contemporary décor, midtown Atlanta setting and unsurpassed amenities give guests a sophisticated urban experience.Twelve Hotel & Residences Atlantic Station's new guest service concept will make you rethink your notion of a hotel. Whether you are visiting Atlanta for business, pleasure or require a distinctive destination for clients or associates, any of our 101 large one and two-bedroom suites at TWELVE will exceed your expectations."

Parking
On-site parking, fee: 28 USD daily
Valet parking, fee: 28 USD daily

Pet Policy
Pets Welcome
Maximum 1 pet per room
Non-refundable fee: 150 USD
One pet 15 lbs max-US150 non-refundable fee plus US50 per night boarding fee
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
That's interesting because it's not a new property, it's been around since at least 2016 and was already an Autograph Collection property. At some point before that it was operated by Preferred Hotels & Resorts (not sure when Marriott acquired it).

Looks like you can book a room for as early as tonight, so it's certainly still open. Perhaps they are just renovating and used a bad choice of words.

I had a reservation in October but had a last minute change of plans so I can't comment on the current conditions, but the building itself isn't that old and is in a great part of Atlanta.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Recent?

Anybody stayed here recently?
Old Nov 3, 2023, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just finished a very odd stay at this place.

The one "pro" for this hotel is admittedly a big one: the room. Large, clean, modern 1-bedroom suite w/kitchen. If you want space and the ability to cook some meals yourself, this space is nicer and larger than your average Residence Inn suite. Bed was comfortable, plenty of outlets, strong Wifi. If your biggest priority is lots of space, this hotel is worth consideration. You can also book 2-bedroom suites.

Everything else about this place was.....a struggle. First, mobile key did not work. So when I arrived, I needed to physically check in....but there was no one wat the front desk. The bartender at the very noisy lobby bar didn't know where the clerk went. I walked around, inside and out, for 10 minutes looking for any Marriott employee and eventually found a security guard who went into some back offices and found someone to check me in.

We had dinner in the restaurant. Everything about the execution was a little off: most of the tables weren't set, several tables had been moved around for an earlier party and not put back to their normal locations, and although the restaurant seemed to stretch into a quieter part of the floor, diners were seated right next to the aforementioned very loud bar. From the street, the restaurant gives the appearance of an upscale Italian restaurant. Inside it's definitely a bar vibe. They had no printed menus, forcing us to go to a website, and the menu was a mix of sportsbar food and a few Americanized-Italian items. Ordered a burger, it was actually pretty good, but the overall lack of hospitality was just so odd. None of the touches of an upscale Italian restaurant, such as real menus, a decent winelist, attentive waitstaff, etc. were there. Fine to grab a quick bit - not fine for a client/business dinner.

At the end of the day, I can't say it was a horrible stay. Competitive price (compared to Embassy Suites across the street), good room, decent food, zero hospitality, zero Marriott feel. If hard product is your jam and soft product doesn't matter, worth a look. Otherwise, probably pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.