Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fairfield Inn Los Cabos, MX [Master Thread]

Fairfield Inn Los Cabos, MX [Master Thread]

Old May 4, 2017, 2:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mroseman13
Ruta del Desierto picked us up at T1 with the employees. I made friends with one of the time share sellers on the ride (I'm under 30, so they can't legally sell to me anyway). My room was pretty small, though it had a view of the bay. Bed wasn't so comfortable. The AC wouldn't set on one temperature - it'd either be on (and very cold) or off. The shower seemed to only have one temperature, even when the knob pointed to the 'blue' section. Other than that, decent place for the price. Great food at 69 Snack Club nearby and easy to walk to downtown and beach.
I had no issue with the bed or temperature modulation of the shower. I did notice that the AC thermostat temperature control setting appeared to be strictly for decorative purposes.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
Recently got back from a one week stay at this property.

Booked two rooms using points. They gave us connecting rooms.

As others have mentioned the location is very practical. Its not a hot spot but its not far away. Lots of dinning options close by.

The free breakfast is good. But if you do get tired of it Tacos Lalos across the street behind the Pemex station is a great choice.

Most of the time we did not have a car. We did rent a car for one day from National about 1 block away. Unless your going out of CSL you really do not need a car.

Over all we were happy with our stay. The place is new and the staff is friendly.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by powerplantop
Unless your going out of CSL you really do not need a car.
How much did you pay for the rental? Some people say never rent in Mexico, others say it's no issue.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
How much did you pay for the rental? Some people say never rent in Mexico, others say it's no issue.
Sorry I have taken so long to reply. I think it was around $60/65 for the day with insurance and taxes.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by powerplantop
Sorry I have taken so long to reply. I think it was around $60/65 for the day with insurance and taxes.
No worries. I ended up getting a rental from Hertz at the airport for about $20 a day, including insurance. It was a VW Jetta.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So I just finished a 3 day stay here. Nice enough for a Fairfield Inn, didn't hurt that I was there on a $45/nt BRG rate. I think they only have King and 2 Double rooms, so no upgrade to speak of. I had a rental car and parking was easy. The hotel has a small lot in front of the building. Breakfast was very good for the tier of hotel, real scrambled eggs, refried beans, and a rotating selection of meat. One morning it was beef, another spicy pork, etc. The hotel has a decent pool too which I rotated to after the beach.

I was going to stay at the Hampton Inn but decided against it due to the low price at the Fairfield and because it's walking distance from Downtown (which the HI isn't). I don't see myself going back to Cabo anytime soon, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Great value if you don't need or want a beachfront resort property.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.