Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:55 pm
jli

Programs: SPG, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Breakfast is not free. My parents went a few days ago. Platinum got almost nothing there.
Was it during the pre-opening? that's disappointing if they don't offer free breakfast to Gold and Plat Members
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Breakfast is not free. My parents went a few days ago. Platinum got almost nothing there.
Disappointing. Any other takeaways that they had from the trip? Was the resort nice and beach swimmable? Curious what they thought of the experience in so much as they conveyed to you.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:29 am

I'm looking forward to more details as well. I booked two seven night travel packages for end September. Darn about Platinum benefits.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:08 pm

Here now. The resort is beautiful. It has three pools, lots of chairs for lounging either by the pool or right on the beach. The beach right in front of the hotel is clean and there were plenty of hotel guests in the water yesterday.

When we checked in, we got a list of platinum benefits including breakfast for 2 everyday (breakfast buffet is unreal- so many options), choice of platinum amenity (beverages and snack or 500 points), complimentary ironing of 2 pieces of clothing per day, and 20% discounts on food, beverage, and spa treatments. Starting tonight, Marriott Rewards Elite members are invited to a cocktail hour.

All of the staff seems really exicted about the property. Everyone has been extremely friendly and helpful. There have been a couple of tiny hiccups (not even worth mentioning)- mostly due to language barrier and/or the fact that they just opened on the 25th. But two days into the stay, we're impressed with the property and the staff.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by YoungMem
Here now. The resort is beautiful. It has three pools, lots of chairs for lounging either by the pool or right on the beach. The beach right in front of the hotel is clean and there were plenty of hotel guests in the water yesterday.

When we checked in, we got a list of platinum benefits including breakfast for 2 everyday (breakfast buffet is unreal- so many options), choice of platinum amenity (beverages and snack or 500 points), complimentary ironing of 2 pieces of clothing per day, and 20% discounts on food, beverage, and spa treatments. Starting tonight, Marriott Rewards Elite members are invited to a cocktail hour.

All of the staff seems really exicted about the property. Everyone has been extremely friendly and helpful. There have been a couple of tiny hiccups (not even worth mentioning)- mostly due to language barrier and/or the fact that they just opened on the 25th. But two days into the stay, we're impressed with the property and the staff.
Appreciate that update! Seems this property looks very promising. Please post photos if you can.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:33 pm

Some photos from around the resort. The rooms look just as they do on hotel website.
Attached Images      
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:35 pm

Wow, they allow breakfast now. I reached out to the property asking why they didn't for my parents, and this is their response

"Dear Mr XXXX, Platinum/Gold guests will have free breakfast for city hotel only, it is not applied for resort. Thank you for your asking"
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Glad they offer breakfasts. Any upgrades YoungMem? Beach looks nice!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Glad they offer breakfasts. Any upgrades YoungMem? Beach looks nice!
Asked for one prior to arrival, but it wasn't provided. But very pleased with standard room and view.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:30 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by YoungMem

When we checked in, we got a list of platinum benefits including breakfast for 2 everyday.
Was this a boilerplate letter, or was it something specialy written for you?
If it is a form letter that is very promising as it would appear that it will apply to all plats.
Beach looks great, keep us posted if water quality is different at low tide.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by soy
Was this a boilerplate letter, or was it something specialy written for you?
If it is a form letter that is very promising as it would appear that it will apply to all plats.
Beach looks great, keep us posted if water quality is different at low tide.
It was addressed to me by name, but wasn't handwritten- most likely a form letter. When the woman checking us in went reviewed it with us, she said something along the lines of: Thanks for your loyalty to Marriott. These are your benefits as a platinum member. . .

All day long people were in the water. It is quite warm and quite shallow, very clear. Lots of people swimming, wading, taking out kayaks and paddle boards.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Wow! Thanks for sharing the pics! It looks lovely. Enjoy your stay!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:41 pm

Thanks YoungMem,

Can you give details re transportation to the hotel from airport, what's within walking distance and food prices at the resort?

We have a seven night stay, two rooms, three kids with parents. Both platinum. May have to pay for buffet for one person I guess.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 3:58 pm

I'm only gold. Would gold get breakfast?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by travelbarefeet
I'm only gold. Would gold get breakfast?
Marriott Gold and Platinum are almost the same. I'd expect yes for breakfast because you're supposed to get lounge access if there is one. Resorts excepted of course, as in this case. So if this particular one gives Platinums breakfast, it should be the same for Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.