Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...2%80%99s-park/

Opening November 2016. Category 5. Has M Lounge. Since it's int'l, am assuming it's open daily for brekkie & evening apps/drinks.

"The Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park is located downtown on Sukhumvit Road, in the heart of Bangkok's vibrant EM District, in walking distance to shopping malls, dining, entertainment and public transportation."

Has 1,360 rooms and suites. Close proximity to Phrom Phong’s BTS Skytrain Station as well as the EM District.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:21 am

How are we supposed to regard the Marquis brand? Something halfway inbetween a regular MArriott and a JW?

Bangkok has a ton of good Marriott offerings, I can't even fathom when I'd have the opportunity to try this one between all the great ones that already exist.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

I think a lot of the Marquis brands are larger/tie more into convention center bizness?

Received this from a FT friend:

"It's not really on Sukhumvit but on the cross street (Soi 22 which they call Queen Sirikit here as the QS Center is down the way from this property) It is not a new property, but a TCC refurb. The entire hotel has 2 towers along with a convention center and only one tower will be open next month as they continue working on the second."

Cheers.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Just eyed this construction from EM Quartier a few weeks ago. It's location is not very far down soi 22, so a good option for close proximity to BTS and the malls (Em Q and Emporium). Supposedly Marriott's largest property in Aisa...according to a high-up Marriott employee whom I happened to meet (and FB friend) on this recent trip. She was there to have a look-see. A good contact in the future, maybe?

Anxious to have a look at this one in December when I am back in BKK once again.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I made a reservation for my arrival on Christmas for 3 nights. I wonder it may have at transportation to/from BTS-Phrom Phong or Asok station.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wyoon
I made a reservation for my arrival on Christmas for 3 nights. I wonder it may have at transportation to/from BTS-Phrom Phong or Asok station.
My understanding from a FTer is no. However, transportation from BTS to the hotel is "Thb35 fee ($1) t max Thb 40 ($1.15)"

Cheers.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
My understanding from a FTer is no. However, transportation from BTS to the hotel is "Thb35 fee ($1) t max Thb 40 ($1.15)"

Cheers.
To access soi 22 Phrom Pong is definitely the closer option and better to grab transpo but for a short ride it might be difficult to find an amenable taxi and tuk tuks will certainly be more pricey.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Property opened Dec 1st. dfe provided this info re: the exec lounge. Thanks to him for the info:

"I can confirm M Club Lounge details as follows--open 7 days a week from 0600 to 2400.

Full breakfast for elites offered in the Lounge only--no option for restaurant buffet. Lounge breakfast very nice though.

Breakfast hours M-F 0600-1030; S & S 0600 1100. Afternoon tea 1430 -1530; Open bar 1730-2130 and Hors D'oeuvres 1730-1930; deserts 1930-2130.

Lounge benefits for two registered guests. Extras per person person -- breakfast 500 THB; High Tea 350 THB; Evening cocktails 500 THB."

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I'm staying at this property now. Very much enjoying my stay. Room is fabulous and there's plenty of bustle on Soi 22. Breakfast in the lounge is similar to the JW.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
How are we supposed to regard the Marquis brand?
As a hotel that has over 1,000 rooms.

"MARRIOTT MARQUIS

Marriott Marquis hotels are grand in scale — offering more than 1,000 guest rooms and more than 100,000 square feet of event space. The hotels are unique, innovative and draw both a significant group and leisure base because of their prime gateway locations, iconic architecture, multiple food and beverage venues and outstanding staff."

http://marriotthotelsdevelopment.com/

Last edited by UASPG; Dec 23, 2016 at 7:45 pm
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by wyoon
Yes, there is - once per hour. The drop off location is very close to the BTS, as they are not allowed to stop just in front of it.

There is a pathway through the park and it's quite a nice short walk.

Last edited by UASPG; Dec 24, 2016 at 4:48 pm
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG
Yes, there is - once per hour. The drop off location is very close to the BTS, as they are not allowed to stop just in front of it.

Hi, just curious about the area. I love the renissance and the surrounding area. Is this property close?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Hi, just curious about the area. I love the renissance and the surrounding area. Is this property close?
Depends on you meaning of close...

The properties are about three miles from one another. They are three BTS stops from one another. So if you want to get to the area where the Ren is located, it's easy and doable, but if you mean are you walking in the same neighborhood when you walk out each hotel, you're not.

The Ren is on the SkyWalk, from which you can access the big malls and some other tourist destinations without having to walk on the street. You can access the SkyMall through the office building next door to the Ren, without having to go outside for more than a few steps and without having to walk up stairs. That would not be the case with the new Marriott. Nor would you have Erawan Shrine, which is always interesting to duck into on the way in/out of the Ren or CY.

The new Marriott is by the Emporium. You can easily see the big E when you ride by on the BTS.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Can anyone tell me if there is a bar at the pool with normal tables and chairs (like the Azure Bar at the Marriott Suk 57). I am partially disabled and cannot lie on a sun lounger.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by UASPG

Is the shuttle to Asok BTS Station or Phrom Phong BTS Station? If it's PP BTS Station, does it drop off across the street from the park?

Is it possible to walk all the way through the park to the back of the hotel?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.