Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Atlanta Buckhead at Phipps Plaza

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Report that Plats get free brekkie in the form of a $10 coupon.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening July '16. Category 4.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-phipps-plaza/

"AC Hotel Atlanta Buckhead at Phipps Plaza is a boutique hotel located in the heart of Buckhead, contains the highest concentration of upscale boutiques in the U.S. We are perfectly situated next to Phipps Plaza and within walking distance to Lenox Square, the heart of Buckhead's premiere dining and shopping district."
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Interesting. There is already a JW, a Marriott, a RC, and a CY in the Lenox Square area. Rates on the full service properties routinely run over $300, so it will be interesting to see where this comes in. I would debate whether this is walking distance to Lenox Square. I like to eat at Dantanna's, Google says 0.6 mile on foot. In July or August in the ATL that's debatable as to whether you would want to walk that.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Look forward to the first trip report.

Cheers.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
I like it's location. Much easier to get into and out of, driving, buy using Wieuca Road and avoiding both Lenox and Peachtree. We've stayed at each of the other four properties and it'll be nice to have something new and fresh.

Crawling distance from the Tavern at Phipps!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:57 pm

First stay last week.

PROs: New. Plenty of covered parking. Comfortable bed. Quiet AC. Small smart fridge that allows you to set temperature. Indoor saltwater pool. Gym has free weights (limited lbs) and quality cardio machines.

CONs: Feels like they rushed to open - still fixing last minute construction issues. Staff is young and VERY inexperienced. Elevator broken. Stairwell lights on motion sensors that do not work until you are 1/2way down. Constant LOUD electro-techno music in the public spaces. Overwhelming fragrance in the lobby. Decor is not appealing - drab and dark does not = Euro. Wieuca and Peachtree are popular for motorcycle/hotrod racers in the middle of the night. Be warned: if you are in a room facing Wieuca, the sound echoes off other buildings and wakes the dead.

Great location and rate ($126 corporate), but unless I was there specifically to shop PP, I wouldn't stay again.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the report, much appreciated. And Welcome to Flyertalk!

Cheers.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Staying here now. It doesn't seem to be as LOUD or as unappealing as u/oceane says. I think I may have heard a moving truck once directly downstairs, but I'm looking at the traffic on Peachtree and don't hear a thing. The lobby decor is warm-colored and the staff was very friendly, though I may agree that they were young (and perhaps inexperienced); they helped me choose a very good restaurant.

I am new to Marriott and have never visited Buckhead, so I don't have much to compare it to. I did take a jog to Lenox and it took about 7 minutes, but they have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within 3 miles (though it sometimes takes a while).

Now it's either my inexperience or the staff's - but the young man told me that in this property only Platinum's get breakfast, but he was going to (wink, wink) help me out and 2 $10 coupons would be "on him". I was grateful, but now can't seem to find anything saying that this is true.

(as I finished typing I did hear a loud revving for a few seconds).

Last edited by Journey4Happy; Feb 3, 2017 at 6:01 pm Reason: typo: traffice = traffic
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Oh, and the rooms are nice. My wife was pleased with the aroma upon walking into the room. The shower and toilet are essentially part of the room, but covered with black glass doors and motion sensors. A nice touch, I think.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy

Now it's either my inexperience or the staff's - but the young man told me that in this property only Platinum's get breakfast, but he was going to (wink, wink) help me out and 2 $10 coupons would be "on him". I was grateful, but now can't seem to find anything saying that this is true.
Actually at AC properties (not to be confused w/ Autograph Collection), breakfast is not an elite benefit for either Gold or Plat. It's good to know that this property offers Plats brekkie. And if you're only Gold then he did you a solid by offering 1 $10 cert, much less 2.

"For guaranteed lounge access/breakfast: At JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott Hotels® and Delta Hotels® (Resorts, Courtyard Hotels, EDITION® Hotels and AC Hotels are excluded)."

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.