Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Both JW Marriott and Renaissance Hong Kong offered at check-in, in both cases I did not need.
Old May 24, 2016, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Renaissance Zhongshan Park Shanghai, Marriott Sukhumvhit Bangkok and JW Bangkok all gave me 4pm without hesitation. All mentioned it was because I was gold. Renaissance Hong Kong did the same for me earlier in May before this rule came into effect.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Response to post #45:

Sorry, I didn't notice that you were staying in a resort. The post I quoted didn't mention this fact.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Boscolo Milan

Offered at check in; declined as I'm heading our first thing tomorrow
Old May 25, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Checking into Renaissance Las Vegas via the mobile app today, I was asked if I needed a late checkout, which I will since I have a red-eye return flight. We'll see what happens once I arrive.

Interestingly, the same thing happened for a one-off FFI stay I had a couple weeks ago with a 5/15 checkout, before all this took effect.
Old May 26, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Just finished a stay at the Charleston Marriott Town Center. Made the request before I arrived. When I got there, I double checked at check-in, and they already had it noted on my reservation. Got my 4pm checkout with no problem (and was pleased that my key still worked when I went back to my room at 3pm- wasn't sure that I wasn't going to have to stop back at the front desk to get it re-keyed).
Old May 27, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by dank0014
If you are ok with it, I would be more than happy to connect with the GM there. We are long time friends and can happily share this feedback from them to make some improvements.
Feel free to pass on info if you think it's appropriate. Just to be clear, my issue isn't with the late checkout (which ultimately I sort of got) but with the attitude (let's find an excuse to say "no" rather than an opportunity to say "yes"), an attitude from that property that surprised nobody in this thread.

Back on topic, I was proactively offered 4pm at the Frankfurt Marriott during check-in (I declined due to early flight).

Has anyone with a late checkout had issues with housekeeping continually trying to get in to clean the room, even with a DND on the door? I've had this problem at a few US properties, and I'm wondering if there's a training issue that needs to be handled (as they're probably more used to people leaving and forgetting to take the sign off than they are to late checkouts).
Old May 27, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bennos

Has anyone with a late checkout had issues with housekeeping continually trying to get in to clean the room, even with a DND on the door? I've had this problem at a few US properties, and I'm wondering if there's a training issue that needs to be handled (as they're probably more used to people leaving and forgetting to take the sign off than they are to late checkouts).
That might sort itself out as time goes on/they get used to some folk having late check-out.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mb1136
(and was pleased that my key still worked when I went back to my room at 3pm- wasn't sure that I wasn't going to have to stop back at the front desk to get it re-keyed).
I was trying to wrap up things at the client site, and things ran long. I got back to the hotel (RI La Jolla) at 3:40pm, and my keycard didn't work. After a quick jog to/from the front desk, I quickly change into jeans and packed up my carry-on and backpack. At 3:56pm, I called the front desk to inform them I'm checking out.

I did find it odd that the app wouldn't let me check-out.

Last edited by pseudoswede; May 27, 2016 at 10:31 am
Old May 27, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I was trying to wrap up things at the client site, and things ran long. I got back to the hotel (RI La Jolla) at 3:40pm, and my keycard didn't work. After a quick jog to/from the front desk, I quickly change into jeans and packed up my carry-on and backpack. At 3:56pm, I called the front desk to inform them I'm checking out.

I did find it odd that the app wouldn't let me check-out.
If you asked for the 4 pm checkout in advance or when you checked in, the keycard should have been programmed to work until 4:00.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
I've had this issue lately where they knock on my door between 8-9am. I had a confirmed 4pm late checkout this week, but they knocked on my door at 8:30 to see if anyone was in the room. I don't know why there is any reason to knock on my door prior to standard checkout time.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by sig05
I've had this issue lately where they knock on my door between 8-9am. I had a confirmed 4pm late checkout this week, but they knocked on my door at 8:30 to see if anyone was in the room. I don't know why there is any reason to knock on my door prior to standard checkout time.
I hope you report the housekeepers and complain to the hotel when this happens, assuming that you're using the do not disturb sign. In a well managed hotel, staff should be trained that when they see a do not disturb sign, they are to check with the front desk to ascertain whether or not the room is occupied.

Even without a do not disturb sign, I'd object to housekeepers knocking before 9 am.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Unprompted I was asked if I needed late checkout at check-in time at the Findlay, OH FFI this week. I thanked the front desk associate and declined the late checkout since I didn't neeed it. He told me to let them know if I changed my mind anytime during the stay. A+ for how this property handled it.

--Jon
Old May 27, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Saidoh
Checking into Renaissance Las Vegas via the mobile app today, I was asked if I needed a late checkout, which I will since I have a red-eye return flight. We'll see what happens once I arrive.

Interestingly, the same thing happened for a one-off FFI stay I had a couple weeks ago with a 5/15 checkout, before all this took effect.
Update on my arrival experience:
Front desk: So, Ms. Saidoh, I see you're with us for 3 nights and checking out Sunday morning.
Me: Do you have late checkout available?
Front desk: You can check out at 2 pm.
Me: Will 4 pm work?
Front desk: Hmmm, I need to check the availability. (Checks availability) Ok 4 pm it is.
Me: Thanks a ton.

We'll see what happens on checkout day. I wasn't sure if this location was part of any of the exclusions, but thought it was an interesting data point.
Old May 27, 2016, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Saidoh
Update on my arrival experience:
Front desk: So, Ms. Saidoh, I see you're with us for 3 nights and checking out Sunday morning.
Me: Do you have late checkout available?
Front desk: You can check out at 2 pm.
Me: Will 4 pm work?
Front desk: Hmmm, I need to check the availability. (Checks availability) Ok 4 pm it is.
Me: Thanks a ton.

We'll see what happens on checkout day. I wasn't sure if this location was part of any of the exclusions, but thought it was an interesting data point.
Name of hotel and location?

IF it's covered by the "guarantee", there shouldn't be any need to check availability. The front desk agent should have offered 4 pm initially rather than only 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.