Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Hague Marriott, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
"When booking 3 or more guests per rooms please request a rollaway bed at a cost of 35.00 EUR"

It could be because the bed type options for the rooms are two twins or 1 king.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hat tip to sdsearch for noting this is opening this month.

Cat 6. Website mentions exec lounge access but doesn't say whether it's open daily. Given the AMS properties are, my guess is this one will be as well.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...arriott-hotel/

"In the International Zone of The Hague, The Hague Marriott welcomes travellers to explore the City while enjoying our hotel’s 306 comfortable rooms and luxurious suites. Located close to International Organizations like OPCW, Europol, International Criminal Court, NATO and next to the World Forum Convention Center. This prestigious location puts guest in the heart of many attractions like the Gemeentemuseum and Madurodam. Both City Center and beach are just 10 minutes away and shopping, at the “Fred” two blocks."

Cheers.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:24 am
Original Poster

It's officially open according to press release today:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/02/mar...rbishment.html

Cheers.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Big fire on roof of The Hague Marriott hotel. No-one seems to be hurt.

Video in link below:

http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/4255374/...otel-haag.html

https://twitter.com/IbHaarsma/status/726767790632390657
Old May 1, 2016, 10:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Source: https://twitter.com/r0eland/status/726767040518823936
Old May 1, 2016, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Big fire on roof of The Hague Marriott hotel. No-one seems to be hurt.

Video in link below:

http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/4255374/...otel-haag.html
Article says no one injured (thank goodness).
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Noticed this in the room(s) description:

"When booking 3 or more guests per rooms please request a rollaway bed at a cost of 35.00 EUR"

It could be because the bed type options for the rooms are two twins or 1 king.

Cheers.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just spotted this thread. Stayed here in April and it was still undergoing it's move to a Marriott. Lots of refurbishment going on, but was nice. Exec lounge was certainly open all weekdays.

T
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:50 am

Executive lounge info from the in-room guest services directory:

Open 6am-midnight, 7 days/week
Breakfast served in lounge 6:30am-10:30am, 7 days/week
Cocktail hours 5:30pm-9:30pm
Hors d'oeuvres 5:30pm-7:30pm
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I spent 1 night here last week. I would not really recommend it when touring Den Haag.

First, it's in a pretty isolated location. You have to take the tram about 20 mins just to get downtown. Very annoying. I was "upgraded" to the club floor but otherwise the room was standard. The hotel seemed to be having maintenance issues - leaky roof, several electrical operations going on, etc. Hotel website advertises a hotel shuttle service, but when I called to be picked up from the train station I was told the shuttle only goes to the Shell business office (???) and some other random place. 25 euro taxi ride later I'm at the hotel. So the shuttle is useless (unless of course you work for Shell). Club lounge was average with average offerings.

One thing to note - you can buy tram day passes from the front desk. That was helpful.

While I got an entire bottle of wine as a Plat welcome gift at the AMS Marriott and the Rotterdam Marriott, this one sent me ONE GLASS of wine. How wonderful.

The room itself was fine, typical "new" Marriott design.

Stay somewhere else.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by jlb3
Hotel website advertises a hotel shuttle service, but when I called to be picked up from the train station I was told the shuttle only goes to the Shell business office (???) and some other random place.

While I got an entire bottle of wine as a Plat welcome gift at the AMS Marriott and the Rotterdam Marriott, this one sent me ONE GLASS of wine. How wonderful.

Stay somewhere else.
This is quite typical as shuttle does not mean picking a guest from anywhere (unless it's specified as "Pick-up from xx km/mi radius". This is most probably that the hotel's main business is from the visitors/employees working for Shell and the random places are most probably some shopping street/mall.

Sounds like this hotel is not living up to the value for money (weekend prices is consistently around 80-90 Euro) or Elite appreciation point of view.

Thanks for the review though. I had wanted to try this property out, but I guess unless there is some special promotions, will put this all the way down on my list.

Cheers!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlb3
I spent 1 night here last week. I would not really recommend it when touring Den Haag.

First, it's in a pretty isolated location. You have to take the tram about 20 mins just to get downtown. Very annoying. I was "upgraded" to the club floor but otherwise the room was standard. The hotel seemed to be having maintenance issues - leaky roof, several electrical operations going on, etc. Hotel website advertises a hotel shuttle service, but when I called to be picked up from the train station I was told the shuttle only goes to the Shell business office (???) and some other random place. 25 euro taxi ride later I'm at the hotel. So the shuttle is useless (unless of course you work for Shell). Club lounge was average with average offerings.

One thing to note - you can buy tram day passes from the front desk. That was helpful.

The room itself was fine, typical "new" Marriott design.

Stay somewhere else.
Sounds like your 25E taxi was a better deal than the hotel shuttle service & it doesn't sound like the property runs the shuttle, but a 3rd party. On the property's website it says this:

Airport shuttle service, on request, fee: 45 EUR (one way)
Shuttle Phone: +31 70 8882364
Estimated taxi fare: 45 EUR (one way)

* Re: the roof & electrical issues. Wonder if that's related to the fire/repairs?

* Re: single glass of wine. I've been at properties that provide a bottle, 1/2 bottle & single glass of wine. It varies. I don't automatically expect a bottle of wine. However, since your other stay did have one I can see why you were disappointed.

* Re: 20 minutes from downtown. I've stayed at properties before where it takes 20 minutes to get downtown. While not totally convenient it's not like it's an hour either, so for me this is more along the lines of a heads up/plan your time than a deal-breaker, but that's just me.

Originally Posted by nldogbert

Sounds like this hotel is not living up to the value for money (weekend prices is consistently around 80-90 Euro) or Elite appreciation point of view.

Cheers!
During megabonus time, an 80-90E stay would be an inexpensive way to get some stays, still earn points, get some bennies, & if you did want to visit the area, do some sightseeing.

However, if there are other chains in the area w/ better value, then those would/should be in the mix.

Cheers.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:16 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

OK hotel and nice rooms

Hi,
Had a 1 night stay at this property the weekend before Christmas. So the hotel was actually very quiet and not much activity going around.

The property is situated outside of the main center of The Hague, closer to the beach, Scheveningen. Next to it is the World Forum and the OPCW organization. There is a shopping street about 10 mins walk from the hotel (Frederik Hendriklaan). Even with luggage it should be quite doable with the tram, Line 16 from Central station. From the Johan de Witltaan stop, it's about a 5-10 mins walk on flat ground to the hotel.

Check-in:
I did an online check-in so everything was prepared before hand. Only thing that they did not ask was if I wanted as my Plat Arrival gift the points of the amenities. I did not bother to chase after that since it was rather late already and I was ok to just get the points (which they forgot and had to send an email to Customer support to chase for it) Did not want to initiate the Platinum guarantee this time.
The check-in area is the new podium style check in which I find much better than the traditional long front desk as it's more personalized.

Room:
Was upgraded to a junior suite, which was a nice room with very modern (Scandinavisch/.Dutch style). The view was towards the main road but it was quiet. There was a coffee and tea making facilities provided with the normal amenities in such a room. The bathroom was nice with a nice walk-in shower area. Both water pressure and temperature was good. The only thing which maybe they forgot, is strangely there is no place to hang the towels after use, not a hook anywhere. (So I guess they can't ask guests to hang up their towels for the environmental purpose ).
Internet was good and stable - they did not seem to have a Premium version, but te normal one was already ok, so no complaints.
Room temperature control was good and the TV selection was good. I would have expected a small welcome gift in the room (maybe I'm too used to the Asian Marriott's) but sadly there was none.
Other than that, it was a comfortable room to lounge and sleep.

Lounge:
The evening offerings were ok with some hot dishes/snacks. Good selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic choices. Surprisingly the bar is open till 10pm, which is nice and appreciative. Breakfast spread was good too, but not as good as the one in the main breakfast room. (Sadly for Elite members, if breakfast is not included in the room, you will have to stick to what is in the lounge - for me this is a rather poor taste of hotel management - they should at least offer the option to Plats to have breakfast also in the main restaurant). Both evening and morning lounge attendants were really friendly and kept the place in order.

Breakfast:
Since I had breakfast included in my rate, I had this in the main restaurant. In general and ok spread, with 4-5 different hot dishes. As usual only western options available. Not sure if it was because of the low occupancy or the early hours, but staff here were less welcoming than the front desk, basically they just took your room number and no further interaction (e.g. asking for you beverage options, etc).

General:
An ok property. Elite recognition here is limited. Staff in general were ok, with some especially in the lounge more warm and friendly.

Cheers!
unclepants and milesforhire like this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Does someone have the email address for this property ? I need to ask them a couple of questions on my upcoming stay. Cannot find any email on Marriott website.

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:55 am

We recently had as well the opportunity to test the Marriott the Hague. Overall a nice Hotel however you can feel that it`s a little bit older in some areas. Corridors have been to dark from my point of view. Furthermore the Executive Lounge was very nice and the service excellent. However we had 2 days in the evening when the fridge was locked at 21:45 already while the Lounge was open much longer.

If you want to see some moving pictures; feel free to watch this one - Thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.