Wiki Posts
Search

Which Wichita hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Which Wichita hotel?

I searched but didn't find any threads comparing Wichita hotels. I'll be there from a Friday to a Monday for a wedding Saturday and a day of exploration Sunday; the wedding is east of town and the reception is about two blocks from the Fairfield Inn downtown. So I'm looking at that FI (cat 2), the Ambassador Autograph (cat 3), and the CY Old Town (cat 2); I'll be using points for this stay. In short, is the Ambassador better enough to spend the extra 15000 points? Any thoughts about those hotels in general? Thanks!

(Full hotel names so future searches can pick up this thread: Ambassador Hotel Wichita, Autograph Collection, Courtyard Wichita at Old Town, Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown)
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Bump. Are there any Wichita Marriott experts out there?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
Of the three properties you mention, the only one I've stayed at is the CY at Old Town.
This is a nice property in area with many entertainment and dining options.

I've been to Wichita several times in the past year and prefer to stay on the Northeast side of town. It is a very affluent area with many shopping, dining and entertainment options. The properties I've stayed at recently are the Residence Inn at Palazzo, SHS at Palazzo (adjoining properties) and the Courtyard East.

The RI and SHS are newer, modern properties and are part of a large strip mall with a very nice Bowling Alley and Movie Theatre.

The CY is an older property that has been recently remodeled. All three are nice properties. I usually make my decision of where to stay based on price.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I've stayed at the CY a couple times and think its very good. Lots of stuff within walking distance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.