Search

Review: TPS St. George UT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Review: TPS St. George UT

I know that most FTers here are very much into FS hotels and may find this review useless. I'm a fan of extended stay hotels because it's great if you have kids and you don't find these hotels in Europe (RI especially). This is our last stop in civilization for our mighty 5 NP trip.

It's located at the southern part of St. George - we used it as a starting point to Zion NP - not the best since you need to head a bit north on I15 before heading into Hurricane. However the drive from TPS to Zion was around 45 mins, so very manageable. Pioneer park is just 5 minutes away and it's definitely worth a visit - especially if you are not heading into Capitol Reef NP and you have kids.

There is a Harmon Grocery close by so it's easy to stock some food before heading into less civilized areas.

CY St. George is right next to it.

Hotel:
I don't know why the hotel needs to renovate again - it looks a lot nicer than a lot of CYs. Check-in was great, the FDC was amazing (he said if the renovation bother us in any way, we are welcome to switch suite). I put in 5 guests when I reserve the room (occupancy is 5 in this hotel so it's great for families). Got an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite -my guess for the upgrade is 1. I'm Plat 2. we only stay for 1 night. Either way it's generous - I have never scored an upgrade like this in any RI (first time at TPS).

The suite is great - plenty of space. Living room: A full kitchen with a dining table, a couch and a sofa table. Then a hall way which leads to 2 bedrooms and a toilet - I can imagine that if you have teenage girls you may appreciate a second toilet .

The kids could sit properly and eat their dinner there. We have our own room.

Breakfast:
Typical breakfast you'll see in any lower ends MR properties, but there were fruit available which is very nice. Our kids got colouring kits during the breakfast so they don't get bored.

This is a place I'll definitely return if I'm in the area. Great use of my Cat 5 cert.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the review. Much appreciated! And it's nice to have a Marriott property within a reasonable distance of a national park. That's not always the case.

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Yes and I think it's because St. George is a fairly big city in UT, and Zion happened to be 45 minutes from it.

We stayed at the Cable Mountain Lodge in Springdale (which is literally by the park entrance) the night after to really get close to the park. The view was breathtaking and we paid less than the TPS charged for that night (impossible to LNF, so we used the cert). Marriott could easily have a hotel there - there was a Hampton.

I really wish Marriott has some more hotels close to the NPs.

FFI Moab is a good start but the rate was high (we stated at the Super 8 which is less than half of what FFI charged in December). Yes they are the closest but you are talking about a maximum of 3 minutes drive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.