Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Port of Spain, Trinidad [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.

Well I spent some time looking through the forum and there does not appear to be any dedicated threads about this property, so I thought I would start one.

There is one fairly long thread about a guest's bad experience ordering a meal at this property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l-mid-way.html

I likely have an upcoming stay at this property and will report back about it assuming I don't change my plans.

I am interested in hearing other's experiences at this property, particularly as an elite (I am Platinum - wondering what benefits we get there.)
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Please report back after your stay if there aren't any reports before then. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: UA: GS, MM; Marriott: PP
Stayed here in the past for both work and leisure. This is a typical US-type Courtyard - no frills. Received a one-level room upgrade as a platinum member. No free breakfast for gold or plats. The only reason I stayed at the property was for the points. The Hilton and Hyatt in Trinidad are much better.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip. I did not know until the morning of my scheduled arrival and their cancellation deadline was 24 hours in advance. However, I contacted the GM ahead of time about the situation and they graciously extended the deadline. They seem like very helpful folks from my phone and email conversations.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I saw the sample room of the major upgrade they are doing to the rooms in the course of the year.

Looks very nice, and you could argue that the rooms do need a facelift. The sample room reminded me of the very nice Courtyard in Lima.

This hotel has the nicest staff of any hotel I have ever been to. Highly recommended (I must have stayed there close to 50 times over the years

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.