Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer

Hotel email address: [email protected]>
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 31, 2008, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Will they be finished by March???? It was supposed to open in Dec but then it said Feb so I am wondering since I am holding reservations for mid March

I have had my share of getting to hotels in time to help finish the job - like hanging up curtains and fitting doors
Old Oct 31, 2008, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
I have a room reserved in December and so far I have not received any notification that my reservation won't be honored.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 8:16 am
Original Poster

It stilll say opening Dec on the website but when I called reservations I was told only opening Feburary - maybe Marriott threatened the contractor and reminden him he would probably be paying if he was late in finishing.... so he got a move on and will be finished in time

I have to ask this since I don't deal with Marriott Reservations on the phone much but are they also often misinformed???
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Hong Kong Sky City Airport hotel

I'll be staying at this property a few nights in December, arriving on a Monday at 11:30pm

Does anyone know if the shuttle runs that late?

The airport page doesn't list hour restrictions, but somewhere at the airport's website I saw something about the service ending at 11pm.

Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Here comes the exact hotel shuttle schedule

http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/h/hkgap/hkgap_pdf/map_hongkongairporthotel_HKGAP.pdf

Alternatively you can take one station airport express to the hotel or take a taxi ride
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Here comes the exact hotel shuttle schedule

http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsite...otel_HKGAP.pdf

Alternatively you can take one station airport express to the hotel or take a taxi ride
OK, so the shuttle won't be running.

Any idea how much the taxi ride is? And, what are the options to pay for the taxi, other than HKDs?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
USD to HK$ are fully convertable, both ways.................bring HK$s or convert at airport or get at any ATM...............you'll need HK$s everywhere in HK unless you use CCs, but not all places take them (small shops) ............. have never been able to use US$s in HK, but lately many shops advert taking Yuan.......

as earlier reported, fastest way to hotel is to take arpt express 1-stop (2nd stop is CBD) and change to taxi from there.............

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
......... what are the options to pay for the taxi, other than HKDs?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:40 am

Well, we made it to the hotel. The shuttle runs periodically all night apparently, and it was fairly painless to find the right parking bay. Just took a fair amount of walking past immigration and customs.

All is well.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
USD to HK$ are fully convertable, both ways.................bring HK$s or convert at airport or get at any ATM...............you'll need HK$s everywhere in HK unless you use CCs, but not all places take them (small shops) ............. have never been able to use US$s in HK, but lately many shops advert taking Yuan.......

as earlier reported, fastest way to hotel is to take arpt express 1-stop (2nd stop is CBD) and change to taxi from there.............
This is not accurate. The AsiaWorld Expo Airport Express station is less than 300 m from the hotel entrance. We've been riding the train into the city, and it's a short walk, no need for a cab at all.

Also, a correction on the shuttle runs between the hotel and the airport: 5am until midnight, every twenty minutes, according to the concierge.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
come to HKG during a humid summer day with several bags to lug and kids to mind in that 300M walk and see if you think/say the same..............

This is not accurate. The AsiaWorld Expo Airport Express station is less than 300 m from the hotel entrance. We've been riding the train into the city, and it's a short walk, no need for a cab at all.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
come to HKG during a humid summer day with several bags to lug and kids to mind in that 300M walk and see if you think/say the same..............
Well, a can ride from the AsiaWorld Expo A. Express station to the Marriott won't save you a lot of walking, by the time out exit the building you're half way to the hotel. I'll just keep on walking.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:04 pm

Marriott Sky City hotel wireless service

I was at the Marriott Sky City Hotel in HKG last December, and at the time wifi was free for silver elites and above.

I don't see mention of this at marriott.com, and I'll be going to that hotel again next week.

Does anyone know if free wifi for silver and above is still available?

Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I was at the Marriott Sky City Hotel in HKG last December, and at the time wifi was free for silver elites and above.

I don't see mention of this at marriott.com, and I'll be going to that hotel again next week.

Does anyone know if free wifi for silver and above is still available?

Thanks.
Yes it is.
I'd recommend doing a Platinum challenge and get Plat status during your stay. I love the Sky City Lounge and the staff!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'd disagree w/ sammy a bit. You'll get free I-net as a silver

.yes you get potentially get better bennies as a plat but unless you 're going to actually meet challenge it would be 1x only and then you 're locked out for another year.

Cheers
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'd disagree w/ sammy a bit. You'll get free I-net as a silver

.yes you get potentially get better bennies as a plat but unless you 're going to actually meet challenge it would be 1x only and then you 're locked out for another year.
What are the conditions for the challenge?

I usually say about 15 nights a year at Marriotts, sometimes a few more, usually at one or at most two nights per stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.