Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jamesie_version1
From posts in the thread:

* Parking fee not waived - no public parking anywhere near the hotel
* Gym is free but you have to pay for the spa
* You do have to reserve the shuttle back to CPH ( from reception).
* Shuttle from airport leaves on the 20s/50s; from the hotel it leaves on the 30s/60s. Takes 15-20 minutes
* 5 minute walk to metro; metro to downtown is 10 minutes

Category 6.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cphac-ac-hotel-bella-sky-copenhagen/
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Noticed in the Malmo or Copenhagen thread that this property is available. Category 6.

"At the international 4-star design hotel, Bella Sky, in Copenhagen, you will experience Scandinavian quality, comfort and service in exclusive surroundings. Bella Sky opened in 2011 as Scandinavia’s largest hotel with 23 floors, 812 rooms, three restaurants, two bars and an aqua spa & fitness.

The hotel has a unique architecture and design profile and all of the spacious, elegant rooms are furnished with original design furniture, floor to ceiling windows and free Wi-Fi. You can relax in the pools in our aqua spa, taste the Nordic classic cuisine in our restaurants and enjoy the amazing panoramic view of the Copenhagen skyline in our Sky Bar.

The hotel conference area comprises 48 meeting rooms, featuring the latest IT/AV equipment, and has direct access to Bella Center, Scandinavia’s largest conference center.

Bella Sky also has its own metro station from where you can reach Copenhagen city centre in less than 10 minutes and provides free shuttle service to and from Copenhagen airport."

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...ky-copenhagen/

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Mar 12, 2017 at 10:35 am
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:19 am

The location is from my point of view bad unless having something to do in the immediate surroundings (e.g. at the business district or exhibition area), but at least a good alternative to the Hilton Airport.

Will check it out next time in the area.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:24 am
Original Poster

I thought the category was a bit high too, but figured they did it because high profile city & not many options. If it's only a 10-minute metro ride into the city center the location isn't a big deal IMO if one can get a decent rate. However, if using points I'd probably ante up the 5K extra for the Cat 8 Marriott because of location/exec lounge, etc.

Cheers.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Although it's on the metro, it's not an easy hop from the airport as it's a different line. Think I'll give it a swerve.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
It's one stop from a big mall called Field's. The building looks very special as there aren't that many tall buildings in CPH area.

For the rate it looks ok if you pay. However there is a CP right down the very same road which was very nice - a thousand time nicer than CPH Marriott IMO - we got lounge access as Platinum on PB (5k IHG points promo a few years back). They even apologized for not being able to upgrade us due to being fully booked without us even asking!

CPH Marriott is very dated compared to these 2 hotels and I think it could really use an update.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Marriott issued official press release on it opening last month. The design of the building looks pretty cool:

http://news.marriott.com/2015/01/ac-...n-copenha.html

Cheers.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Marriott issued official press release on it opening last month. The design of the building looks pretty cool:

http://news.marriott.com/2015/01/ac-...n-copenha.html

Cheers.
My little boy calls the it the V building - it looks pretty special especially the area around it is very open and in general there aren't that many tall buildings in Copenhagen.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Quick review to help folks;
  • I got a upgrade to a large room on the last but one floor
  • No lounge
  • I LNF'd a rate including breakfast.... They were convinced that breakfast was not included - so far as to say that I myself 'typed in that breakfast was included'... Essentially accusing me of trying to cheat them. This had to be raised no less than 6 times in a 2 day stay, was eventually 'taken care of' by the duty manager, but without an apology.
  • I found the rooms quite nice but minimalist. Beds are Scandinavian, and not typical marriott. A double bed is two singles, which includes two single duvets.
  • Housekeeping was average... They did not replace dirty glasses, took old handtowels but did not replace, no turndown
  • The 'Danish' breakfast - i.e. baked goods, bread rolls and jams - was nice, but the rest of the spread was forgettable... Restaurant is small - was a zoo on the Saturday morning
  • Skybar food is Danish tapas - lots of raw fish dishes. Good quality but not for everyone. it was pretty expensive.
  • Think I prefer the Marriott, but this was a quarter of the price. The marriott is much better, but not perfectly, located.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I frequently see this interestingly designed hotel building on the way to the DR (Danish TV/radio broadcaster) office from CPH airport. From CPH, it's not a bad trip if doing the interchange at Orestad and not being encumbered by luggage for say a half-mile walk.

But location wise for my CPH trips, I'm even better off staying at a hotel in Sweden (some 12/15-25 minutes from CPH airport) than staying at this Marriott hotel. For others, this Marriott works out well enough. It all comes down to price and convenience for the purpose of the trip. Service and quality wise it's in the range of normal for the region but has the plus of being new.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 15, 2015 at 8:08 am
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
Quick review to help folks;
  • I got a upgrade to a large room on the last but one floor
  • No lounge
  • I LNF'd a rate including breakfast.... They were convinced that breakfast was not included - so far as to say that I myself 'typed in that breakfast was included'... Essentially accusing me of trying to cheat them. This had to be raised no less than 6 times in a 2 day stay, was eventually 'taken care of' by the duty manager, but without an apology.
  • I found the rooms quite nice but minimalist. Beds are Scandinavian, and not typical marriott. A double bed is two singles, which includes two single duvets.
  • Housekeeping was average... They did not replace dirty glasses, took old handtowels but did not replace, no turndown
  • The 'Danish' breakfast - i.e. baked goods, bread rolls and jams - was nice, but the rest of the spread was forgettable... Restaurant is small - was a zoo on the Saturday morning
  • Skybar food is Danish tapas - lots of raw fish dishes. Good quality but not for everyone. it was pretty expensive.
  • Think I prefer the Marriott, but this was a quarter of the price. The marriott is much better, but not perfectly, located.
Thanks for the review, although it sounds like they still need some training.

Cheers.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I stayed here a couple of weeks ago as the Ren in Malmo was full.

I was given a room in the 23rd floor of the 'other' tower i.e. not the one you check into.

First impressions not good as I checked in just after a coach party of tourists and the queue for the 'smart' lifts meant a 10 minute wait to get up to my room.

Room was on a corner and had a large sitting area with a sofa. tub chair and a large B&O tv. Bed was in the corner. Bathroom had a walk-in shower that did not dissipate water quicker than the shower head could deliver it.

Interesting architectural feature is that the hotel is built on a slant, so you can stand against the window and look directly down to the car park below, or if feeling really daring, lean against the window and pretend you are flying.

Had dinner in the Library as the two main restaurants were fully booked. I always try the burger when staying in a Marriott for the first time and it was cooked how I like it (medium-rare) with decent fries and a bit of salad. Good, local beer too.

Breakfast was in the 1st floor of the main tower, which apparently is for elites only in the morning. Good selection of hot and cold food, tea, coffee, juice and water.

Enjoyed my stay and will be back at the end of the month as the Ren is full again.

If coming from CPH, you can go to Orestad station and it's about a 10 minute walk to the hotel.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:51 pm

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Question No executive lounge ?

No Lounge for Gold and Platinum ?
Do they provide any compensation for that like extra MR points or free access to the spa or something like ?
From a category 7 I expect something more than a "sorry, we do not have it"
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Volvic
No Lounge for Gold and Platinum ?
Do they provide any compensation for that like extra MR points or free access to the spa or something like ?
From a category 7 I expect something more than a "sorry, we do not have it"
It's an AC, not an Autograph Collection. A limited service brand re: of category, so no exec lounge & no compensation. A couple of posts above yours it does say something about breakfast for elites, but not sure if nobbyclark's rate included breakfast or not.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Sep 10, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:12 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Unhappy

My rate includes already the breakfast and the internet connection

Basically, I can hope just in a room upgrade.
I did not liked AC properties in Madrid and I think this stay will confirm my old opinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.