Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
^
Plus the LNF rate seems to become a rate that you can cancel with no penalty a day before arrival. This is great.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I had a denial for something similar. As they explained when you go all the way through with booking the room is not confirmed immediately. I myself never went that far with the site so I could not corroborate.
I for one would think it has to do with price discovery, i.e. certain OTA quotes very low rates they are not sure the hotel in question would accept. In many cases these could be sort of bait and switch scenarios when the OTA comes back after 24h saying unfortunately the hotel does not accept this rate or this room has been sold out etc.. how about this rate instead...

In all fairness I don't think that these kind of quotes should be part of a BRG/LNF price match.

However if you book say a flexible on request/ not instant confirmation rate and the hotel accepts it I cant for my life understand why this rate would not qualify for a BRG, I mean you have managed to book a publicly available rate i.e. the criterion for price discovery is definitely fulfilled, the fact that there is a time delay in the price discovery do not change the fact that price discovery was made. This is worlds apart from the opaque sites where you don't know what you bought until after you actually bought it, i.e. the price discovery here do not pertain to a specific Marriott hotel room just any hotel room in a specific geographic location within a certain hotel class ( i.e. how many stars) which sometimes happens to be a Marriott hotel.

After approval of BRG/LNF next step is to cancel the 3rd party rate and go on your merry way... this obviously only works for flexible rates..
For non-flexible I am not sure how to solve this issue, one possible solution could be that the LNF team instruct the hotel to deduct the 25% of the booked 3rd party rate and to credit points/nights for the stay in question ... not sure if it would work though

Last edited by X-ON; Apr 25, 2017 at 7:55 am
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by kylie79
Plus the LNF rate seems to become a rate that you can cancel with no penalty a day before arrival. This is great.
Was the 3rd party rate a flexible, semi-flexible or non-refundable rate?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by X-ON
Was the 3rd party rate a flexible, semi-flexible or non-refundable rate?
the same as the one I booked. Non refundable.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
What when marriott site doesn't offer the same room?

Expedia shows an "economy double" rate that I tried to lnf book - first it was denied, I resumbmitted and it was approved - but at a rate that was higher than expedia. Again requested why and was told that

"I believe that the rate you are seeing is for the Economy Double Room which is a room with 172 Square Feet. This is not the same room type that you have reserved through Marriott. You have a Double room reserved, which is a bigger room with 204 Square Feet which is comparable to Expedias Creators Double."
HOWEVER - I cannot book the 172 sq ft room b/c it doesn't show up at all on marriott's site!
Help
Old May 5, 2017, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by estnet
Expedia shows an "economy double" rate that I tried to lnf book - first it was denied, I resumbmitted and it was approved - but at a rate that was higher than expedia. Again requested why and was told that

"I believe that the rate you are seeing is for the Economy Double Room which is a room with 172 Square Feet. This is not the same room type that you have reserved through Marriott. You have a Double room reserved, which is a bigger room with 204 Square Feet which is comparable to Expedias Creators Double."
HOWEVER - I cannot book the 172 sq ft room b/c it doesn't show up at all on marriott's site!
Help
Cancel the booking and refile claim.
Old May 5, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by nacho
Cancel the booking and refile claim.
the first booking couldn't be rebooked and resubmitted b/c the competing rate kept going away BUT I filed a lnf for another night - same discrepancy of room type but this one was approved ?!
I have never run into a room type that didn't exist on their website but did on multiple other sites. Of interest is that neither marriott reservations nor customer service could see that particular room either - but wouldn't/couldn''t do anything about the denial
Old May 9, 2017, 1:27 pm
LSL

Programs: SPG Plat
I had a confirmed LNF for the Grosvenor House in London and I accidentally cancelled it. I was hoping that they would be kind enough to reinstate the reservation and called them about a half hour after. They informed me they would be able to rebook, but at a rate that was around 2x my LNF rate.

So, I go to do the LNF again, book an Advanced Prepayment rate which says I have 24 hours to cancel and payment will be taken after 24 hours.

The LNF was denied even though the rate was still available. I then noticed that my credit card was charged for the full amount of the booking, a mere 6 hours after making the reservation.

I called to ask and the agents also read in the terms that payment would be taken after 24 hours. Now when I check the reservation online, they have removed the rate terms.

So, I now have 2200GBP taken from my credit card for a reservation that I would have cancelled within the 24 hour period. Is there anything I can do?

Last edited by LSL; May 9, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Old May 9, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by estnet
the first booking couldn't be rebooked and resubmitted b/c the competing rate kept going away BUT I filed a lnf for another night - same discrepancy of room type but this one was approved ?!
I have never run into a room type that didn't exist on their website but did on multiple other sites. Of interest is that neither marriott reservations nor customer service could see that particular room either - but wouldn't/couldn''t do anything about the denial
I guess it different agent handles things differently. That's why cancel rebook and refile normally works unless you "bump" into the same person who denied you in the first place.

I have filed LNF with different room description and what I do is that I told them that I booked the cheapest room at Marriott.com (e.g. Marriott suites only have suites and OTA often called it double room). It worked.
Old May 9, 2017, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LSL
I had a confirmed LNF for the Grosvenor House in London and I accidentally cancelled it. I was hoping that they would be kind enough to reinstate the reservation and called them about a half hour after. They informed me they would be able to rebook, but at a rate that was around 2x my LNF rate.

So, I go to do the LNF again, book an Advanced Prepayment rate which says I have 24 hours to cancel and payment will be taken after 24 hours.

The LNF was denied even though the rate was still available. I then noticed that my credit card was charged for the full amount of the booking, a mere 6 hours after making the reservation.

I called to ask and the agents also read in the terms that payment would be taken after 24 hours. Now when I check the reservation online, they have removed the rate terms.

So, I now have 2200GBP taken from my credit card for a reservation that I would have cancelled within the 24 hour period. Is there anything I can do?
This has happened before and what I do is to write to Marriott customer care and told them about this wrongful charge. The hotel should never charge you in the first place.

Do you have the reservation email? If it's outlook you can't see the full terms on your phone. Try open the email from your PC to see if you can view your original reservation.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:17 am
LSL

This has happened before and what I do is to write to Marriott customer care and told them about this wrongful charge. The hotel should never charge you in the first place.

Do you have the reservation email? If it's outlook you can't see the full terms on your phone. Try open the email from your PC to see if you can view your original reservation.
Thanks, yes I have a copy of the email. Is there an email address for Marriott customer care?
Old May 10, 2017, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LSL
Thanks, yes I have a copy of the email. Is there an email address for Marriott customer care?
You can use the online form - it usually gets to them, or if you want to show them the actual reservation, I recommend using facebook chat. They respond faster there.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:47 am
LSL

You can use the online form - it usually gets to them, or if you want to show them the actual reservation, I recommend using facebook chat. They respond faster there.
I ended up cancelling the reservation and called the hotel and they've refunded me.

It's odd that the payment was processed immediately after I received the LNF denial.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LSL
I ended up cancelling the reservation and called the hotel and they've refunded me.

It's odd that the payment was processed immediately after I received the LNF denial.
It's not that odd, once I got my LNF through and the rate became pay at hotel rate and the hotel still charge me. I wrote to Marriott customer care to demand a refund although I'm going to stay there anyway - it's the principle that matters.
Old May 12, 2017, 5:48 am
LSL

I got the refund and now I'm out $85 CAD due to exchange rate differences. I feel like I shouldn't be paying for their mistake.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.