LNF discussions

Old May 5, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by alexperi
I made a booking on marriott.com for a Fairfield Inn, and then found it for about $50 cheaper on booking.com. Same room, same everything. Submitted a claim which has been denied. I have been back and forth with them by email, even actually made the booking on booking.com and sent it to them, but they are still "verifying".

Any advice here? I have gone over everything I submitted and it is 100% clear to me that this is a valid claim.

Thanks in advance!
What was their reason for denying?
Old May 6, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
What was their reason for denying?
booking.com shouldnt present any issues. can you cancel and rebook again? or resubmit the claim again
Old May 9, 2017, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I suspect that the price is way too low that Marriott thinks that it's a mistake rate. If the rate is still there, cancel and refile claim.
Old May 14, 2017, 4:25 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I've booked two rooms for the Edingburgh Autograph Collection Glasshouse, choosing a rate that can be cancelled until the day before arrival. I didn't choose the "Member's only rate" because I was earlier told this rate does not qualify for the guarantee. I also didn't choose the cheaper advance purchase rate which would not allow cancellation. The price per room (all in) was 260 (220 GBP).

I found a rate for the same room with exactly the same cancellation terms for 245 (all in) and filed a claim.

They replied back with:

I am denying your claim because I cannot verify that a lower rate is available on the comparison site you submitted.

You can review our terms and conditions here:
The rate is still available and I've since written back, asking to re-verify.

What is also interesting: just one minute before the LNF reply, my reservation for two rooms was split into two reservations with one room each. The first reservation kept the same confirmation number, the second reservation got a new confirmation number. Does anyone know what the significance of this is?

HTB.
Old May 14, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by htb
I've booked two rooms for the Edingburgh Autograph Collection Glasshouse, choosing a rate that can be cancelled until the day before arrival. I didn't choose the "Member's only rate" because I was earlier told this rate does not qualify for the guarantee. I also didn't choose the cheaper advance purchase rate which would not allow cancellation. The price per room (all in) was 260 (220 GBP).

I found a rate for the same room with exactly the same cancellation terms for 245 (all in) and filed a claim.

They replied back with:

The rate is still available and I've since written back, asking to re-verify.

What is also interesting: just one minute before the LNF reply, my reservation for two rooms was split into two reservations with one room each. The first reservation kept the same confirmation number, the second reservation got a new confirmation number. Does anyone know what the significance of this is?

HTB.
2 room LNF usually get spit when they process the claim, that's normal.
Write back to them and send them a direct link as well. Sounds to me like they just made an error which happens not too infrequently
Old May 14, 2017, 10:37 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
2 room LNF usually get spit when they process the claim, that's normal.
Write back to them and send them a direct link as well. Sounds to me like they just made an error which happens not too infrequently
Thanks for the info that splitting the reservation seems normal.

I had already written back and requested more information and they (someone else from the first person) explained to me that they couldn't reach the payment screen using different browsers.

The only hurdle I could find was that you would have to not only write in the name of the travellers (4 in total) but also their gender before you could proceed to the mask where you enter the credit card information.

I've written back and am waiting for their reply.

Do they also accept if I make the reservation myself and send them the confirmation mail?

Thanks in advance

HTB.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Booking Renaissance ATL Gateway
Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travelocity is @ $154
Marriott is at $156 for member exclusive and $159 for the regular rate.

Was denied match because they "Couldn't find the lower rate". Is $2 something Marriott will deny?
Old May 19, 2017, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Booking Renaissance ATL Gateway
Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travelocity is @ $154
Marriott is at $156 for member exclusive and $159 for the regular rate.

Was denied match because they "Couldn't find the lower rate". Is $2 something Marriott will deny?
No. And it's a $5 difference. Regular rates available to all should be reserved and used for comparisons.

Email back telling them it can be found on the 5 different sites. Explain exactly how you found the rate so the can duplicate. iPhone, computer etc.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
No. And it's a $5 difference. Regular rates available to all should be reserved and used for comparisons.

Email back telling them it can be found on the 5 different sites. Explain exactly how you found the rate so the can duplicate. iPhone, computer etc.
Thanks!
Old May 20, 2017, 4:34 am

3 Try's without success

I have been trying to get an LNF approved for the past 36 hours. The initial rejection stated the rate I was using was non-refundable. I replied pointing out that it had free cancellation. I provided a screen shot and links to the rate. They replied back saying the rate was no long available. I checked on two computers and the rate was still available (in fact, it was lower). They replied back saying they could not find a lower rate and "we have no alternate choice but to deny summarily this claim under the terms and conditions of the Look No Further (SM) Guarantee." That is the strongest denial I have ever received.

The rate is still available but I have given up and cancelled. I have had success with the comparison web site in the past (as have others) so I am not sure what could be going on this time. I may try again in a few days. Any suggestions are most welcome.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by canred
I have been trying to get an LNF approved for the past 36 hours. The initial rejection stated the rate I was using was non-refundable. I replied pointing out that it had free cancellation. I provided a screen shot and links to the rate. They replied back saying the rate was no long available. I checked on two computers and the rate was still available (in fact, it was lower). They replied back saying they could not find a lower rate and "we have no alternate choice but to deny summarily this claim under the terms and conditions of the Look No Further (SM) Guarantee." That is the strongest denial I have ever received.

The rate is still available but I have given up and cancelled. I have had success with the comparison web site in the past (as have others) so I am not sure what could be going on this time. I may try again in a few days. Any suggestions are most welcome.
When filing the claim explain exactly how you found the rate. Used iPad, safari, etc so they can duplicate.

If you still see and it's a valid claim, I would not have back down. Don't give up. Wear them down before they wear you down.

I know it's too late but in the comments I would have written that they did originally see the rate and it was available. The denial was because they wrongly thought non refundable and not that it was no longer available therefore a valid claim.

Good luck.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Looking to make a booking in June. Marriott non-refundable rate is 30 more than the comparable rate. Is there anything I need to be aware of before I make the booking (first time).

Last edited by MsCapricorn; May 22, 2017 at 12:37 pm
Old May 20, 2017, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You didn't explain (either in your post or in your profile) where you're based. So in cased you're outside the USA, make sure the website you're using is showing the same rate if used inside the USA (using a VPN, perhaps). Some third-party websites redirect to different versions of their website and/or present different rates depending on what country you're connecting from. Marriott LNF agents are all in the USA, AFAIK.

Also, make sure it's not a third-party site that you're registered at and remembers you. (In that case, use private/incognito browsing to make sure the rate still shows when you access the third-party site that way.)

Also, in case it's not super obvious, I always explain in the Comment section (of the LNF claim form) how to look up the rate I'm seeing once I'm on that website (if I can't just provide a direct link to that rate).

Finally, some sites give one rate for hotel X during business hours and a different rate for hotel X during non-business hour (such as late evening or weekends). Make sure you're checking the rate both inside and outside of business hours (or submit LNF claims only on Saturday mornings when the 24-hour window is all non-business hours).
Old May 22, 2017, 2:27 am

Thanks to YoungBubbie and Sdsearch

I appreciate the advice and encouragement. I rebooked the hotel and found a new comparison rate and filed a new LNF claim. Net result, my claim was approved and I now have a rate that is 24 euros lower than the rate I would have received if they had approved my first set of claims.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:39 am

I appreciate the advice and encouragement. I rebooked the hotel and found a new comparison rate and filed a new LNF claim. Net result, my claim was approved and I now have a rate that is 24 euros lower than the rate I would have received if they had approved my first set of claims.
Congratulations!

And another reason to book rates that are refundable. Just because you are successful doesn't mean your search is over. There might be a better one before your stay. Just don't cancel your original reservation in case you don't get approved.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.