Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cambodia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:21 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by CJKatl
I'll throw this out here... I stayed at LeMeridien in Siem Reap a couple years ago, before the merger announcement and can wholeheartedly recommend it. It is well located, just north of the city, but an easy tuk-tuk ride away. The rooms were nice, the service great and the breakfast quite good. The pool was quite nice. There was a loud tourist group that arrived my second day. The hotel staff actually warned me as while I was checking in that the group would be there the next day, but it really wasn't that intrusive.
I can second that. I stayed there last December and it was a very nice property. Tuk tuk to pub street area was $3 and a 10 minute ride, and very close to Angkor complex.
Old May 13, 2017, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
http://news.marriott.com/2017/05/fai...open-cambodia/

Fairfield by Marriott Phnom Penh to Open in Cambodia

"Scheduled to open in 2021, Fairfield by Marriott Phnom Penh will be situated on a prime section of Russian Boulevard within the administrative center of the city, with seamless access to corporate, diplomatic and tourist destinations in the capital; the site is a 20-minute drive from the airport. In addition, the flexible on-site restaurant will serve an authentic mix of local and international flavors, while a well-equipped fitness center will help guests maintain balance while on the road."

Cheers.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
http://news.marriott.com/2017/05/fai...open-cambodia/

Fairfield by Marriott Phnom Penh to Open in Cambodia

"Scheduled to open in 2021, Fairfield by Marriott Phnom Penh will be situated on a prime section of Russian Boulevard within the administrative center of the city, with seamless access to corporate, diplomatic and tourist destinations in the capital; the site is a 20-minute drive from the airport. In addition, the flexible on-site restaurant will serve an authentic mix of local and international flavors, while a well-equipped fitness center will help guests maintain balance while on the road."

Cheers.
The time designation is laughable as Russian BLVD ends approx 6 miles from the airport. I'd be interested to know a more precise location.

Edit: From the statement about being close to the gov buildings it might be situated on the location of the lake (Boeung Kok) recently filled in and the site of a current construction boom.

Last edited by dsquared37; May 13, 2017 at 8:01 am
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
The building of the Courtyard By Mariott is complete located street 214 Phnom penh
Albeit not open yet

Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Liams
The building of the Courtyard By Mariott is complete located street 214 Phnom penh
Albeit not open yet
I'm around there often and complete is not the word I'd use to describe it, even your pictures contradict the claim. They have made a lot of progress though and I wouldn't be surprised if they open end of the year.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Fairfield will be joining the Marriott properties in Phnom Penh. The location is on Russian BLVD, west of the new Parkson's Mall (if it ever gets finished) and east of the Tuol Kork entrance for those who know the area. Right now it's only a sign.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.