question on Marriott Travel Experience card

Subscribe
I bought a Marriott Travel Experience card through Mypoints.com. I thought this is just another Marriott gift card with a unique name.

Upon receipt of the card and read the fine prints at the back of the card. It stated there this card is NOT eligible to earn any Marriott reward point. I would never have bought it if I knew it beforehand, so I am trying to return the card.

After a couple of email exchanges, Mypoints people is telling me that I can earn Marriott reward points by simply swiping the card at check-out. Mypoints people said they talked to Marriott directly and was informed this Travel Experience card earns point since it is a prepaid card.

I am skeptical and want to know if anybody used this card before and able to earn reward points, thanks.
I've always earned points using the various types of prepaid Marriott cards. They're all treated as a gift card. Never had issues with either the travel card, vacation card, or normal gift card.
Quote: Mypoints people said they talked to Marriott directly and was informed this Travel Experience card earns point since it is a prepaid card.

I am skeptical and want to know if anybody used this card before and able to earn reward points, thanks.
lililolo - Have you used this yet and did you get your Marriott Rewards Points? I saw this as well in the T&C with the Travel Experience Card and was wondering the same thing.

Has anyone else had issues getting Marriott Reward Points for your stay with this particular gift card?

Thanks.