Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Historic District, SC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Don't see a master thread on this property. Any recent stays?

Back when I lived in Charleston, this was a Holiday Inn (with decent reviews).

Haven't been back since it went Marriott.

Cheapest Historic District option, pretty good TripAdvisor reviews.

Looking for a FT take.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you end up staying there, please do a 'trip report' in this thread, as it would then pop up in search if others are looking to stay at the property in the future.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I'll definitely do a trip report.

FWIW, the TA reviews on this property seem to be, across the board, superior to the Renaissance HD.

It was a good hotel under IHG, and I look forward to seeing what (if any) changes Marriott has made.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
I am a Marriott Platinum and looking for a good Marriott property to stay at in Charleston. We have never been and looking for a good property to call home base for 5 nights.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Tit, LTP;Omni Black;IHG Spire; Hyatt Glob
I've posted to TA on the hotel. A good value, if a middle of the road hotel is what you want. It's not the 'Charleston' type experience of a fine BnB. Good solid rooms, some showing ware and age but overall 'OK'. Typical Courtyard food service, but a better as that all is fresh, not frozen. Parking at the hotel or across the street in a church lot. A nice central location as that lots of restaurants, etc. have opened uptown. It is also on the free trolly line for both the uptown/downtown service and the cross town service. There's a farmers market in the park across the street Sat. mornings.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
I haven't stayed here but I've hosted a few out of town people who stayed here. Everyone likes it. If you're ok with a CY in general, this is probably the second best Marriott option in Charleston. The Renaissance is great (location), but IMO rooms are a little small and it's pricey. The CY is very convenient for walking to many attractions and restaurants.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Thank you all, very helpful. I think I will upgrade my Cat. 5 to a Cat 8 and stay at the Renaissance and do a day trip to Savannah. Cost to go from a Cat. 5 to a Cat. 8 travel package upgrade was 65K MRP's.

Last edited by jtp1947; Apr 6, 2015 at 11:02 am
Old Dec 18, 2021, 5:57 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Bump. Any recent stays? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.